Justin Doellman (Ryle) scores 5 in 3 seconds for Barcelona win

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JD has had a GREAT career in Europe and has carved out a great life for him and his wife. He has had opportunities to come back to the NBA but due to never getting a guaranteed contract he has stayed. Makes a BIG salary and I think his living expenses are paid for.

I think I was told he lives in Anderson when back in the states and rides his bike everywhere.

Great success story.

I work with his dad, and was told he has been contacted by quite a few NBA teams, but like @Clyde said.....NBA teams will not guarantee the kind of "jack" and "perks" JD has in Europe. His housing, meals, & cars are all paid for by the team......what more can you ask for?

I work with his dad, and was told he has been contacted by quite a few NBA teams, but like @Clyde said.....NBA teams will not guarantee the kind of "jack" and "perks" JD has in Europe. His housing, meals, & cars are all paid for by the team......what more can you ask for?

His dad, "The Blonde Bomber" could also filled it up in his days at Roger Bacon and NKU. Great family, they have been neighbors of mine for 15 years.

You would have if you played against him in high school and you were just barely 6' haha! Had some monsters in that class with Ross Neltner & Mike Brock.

All of those guys were 6'7 or 6'8 their senior year. Probably the most talented big man class in NKY ever between those three. Lots of great games between them.

All of those guys were 6'7 or 6'8 their senior year. Probably the most talented big man class in NKY ever between those three. Lots of great games between them.

Yeah definitely. Fun couple of years in NKY HS bball, but I wasn't upset when they were all gone my senior year lol.

That's awesome. Just curious, how many professional basketball players have come out of Kentucky/NKY in particular in the last 10 years.

Doellman graduated from Ryle in 2003 then played at XU (went to the Elite 8) & has played internationally since. Technically he's not in the last 10 years, but is the most successful player (on the court) in the last 20 (maybe more) years.

Elijah Pittman from Holmes had a chance but hasn't had JD's career.

It'll fun to follow Campbell's career. He was strong this year, winning MAC POY. I'd imagine he could play after college...

That's awesome. Just curious, how many professional basketball players have come out of Kentucky/NKY in particular in the last 10 years.

Did Corey Pelle -Silver Grove (West Liberty college) get an offer or play briefly? Not sure, but I thought there was a little buzz about that?