Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ulis to the Draft...

Featured Replies

According to Coach Cal's comments yesterday, and ESPN is running with it now...

 

"I'm happy for him. When he came here, you had everybody tell me, 'You've got a four-year point guard. Now this is how you should do it.' And, 'He doesn't need to have all pros.' Welp, you were wrong again. I mean, here's this kid that's going to be a pro. He'll be drafted this year, after two years."

 

I know he's said stuff similar to this before, and everyone pretty much felt it was gonna happen, but count me in the group that isn't a fan that he would somewhat steal the moment (most likely unintentionally) from Ulis.

According to Coach Cal's comments yesterday, and ESPN is running with it now...

 

"I'm happy for him. When he came here, you had everybody tell me, 'You've got a four-year point guard. Now this is how you should do it.' And, 'He doesn't need to have all pros.' Welp, you were wrong again. I mean, here's this kid that's going to be a pro. He'll be drafted this year, after two years."

 

I know he's said stuff similar to this before, and everyone pretty much felt it was gonna happen, but count me in the group that isn't a fan that he would somewhat steal the moment (most likely unintentionally) from Ulis.

 

Have all the recruits we have next year signed their Loi? If not maybe he is just trying to make sure none of the guards coming in next year don't change their mind if they think Ullis would still be here.

He has been saying this for a few weeks.

Or maybe he is guiding him out of the door so that he doesn't have to do the platoon thing again.

According to Coach Cal's comments yesterday, and ESPN is running with it now...

 

"I'm happy for him. When he came here, you had everybody tell me, 'You've got a four-year point guard. Now this is how you should do it.' And, 'He doesn't need to have all pros.' Welp, you were wrong again. I mean, here's this kid that's going to be a pro. He'll be drafted this year, after two years."

 

I know he's said stuff similar to this before, and everyone pretty much felt it was gonna happen, but count me in the group that isn't a fan that he would somewhat steal the moment (most likely unintentionally) from Ulis.

 

Agreed.

Or maybe he is guiding him out of the door so that he doesn't have to do the platoon thing again.

 

Maybe. But I don't think Ulis' stock can ever be higher than it is right now. He's had a fantastic season and he is a terrific player. But he's also 5'9"; the more scouts look at him, the more that could be a deterrent (fair or not). I'd say he'll strike while the iron is hot.

Maybe. But I don't think Ulis' stock can ever be higher than it is right now. He's had a fantastic season and he is a terrific player. But he's also 5'9"; the more scouts look at him, the more that could be a deterrent (fair or not). I'd say he'll strike while the iron is hot.

 

Agreed. Don't worry. He'll end up on the Spurs and have a HOF career. :lol2:

At a minimum, Ulis needs to test the waters. The new rules allow for that approach again. Most so-called experts believe this year's draft class is relatively weak, so he might as well enter the draft. He has proven to be a very, very good college point guard. His only real limitation is his height, and that ain't changing.

If he won't be drafted in the first round to become an instant millionare, why would he go?

  • Author
If he won't be drafted in the first round to become an instant millionare, why would he go?

 

Because all he'd accomplish by coming back is risk injury.

Because all he'd accomplish by coming back is risk injury.

 

Yeah, his ceiling isn't going to go any higher.

 

I'm know scout, but it is probably in his best interest to leave this year.

Yeah, his ceiling isn't going to go any higher.

 

I'm know scout, but it is probably in his best interest to leave this year.

 

Know your knot.

 

:D

Because all he'd accomplish by coming back is risk injury.

 

He plays close enough to the ground for injury to not be a real concern of mine. An Andre Miller type career arc is kinda what I expect from him, with Chris Paul being his best case scenario short of landing on the Spurs.

Know your knot.

 

:D

 

Haha long day and is starting to drag. Knot on my game.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.