Ohio State 2017 Recruiting

John Anthony

Hated to see that Simmons de-committed because his HS is right next door to the Big House and loved the thought of stealing one right out from under Harbaugh's nose. But once Simmmons de-committed, I knew Browning was coming. Still a long way to go before signing day and this class is already special, I just have a really great feeling about the way this class is going to round out.

Okudah is in in my opinion, just need Dobbins to stick for three 5 star Texans.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Browning is one of America’s special athletes. This summer at The Opening Finals held at the Nike World Headquarters, he clocked a laser-timed 4.56 40-yard dash with a 4.18 shuttle. An explosive, hard-hitting player with upside through the roof, Browning is equally comfortable making plays off the edge as he is roaming in space. Covers like a defensive back and hits like a truck at 6'3'' 235lbs.

Antujan Simmons a lower ranked 4 star LB #298 overall decommited, OSU gets Browning #9 overall 48 hours later.

Although, OSU is gonna replace Simmons technically with Pete Werner a 4 star LB who just decomitted from your Gold Domers.

Browning spot was previously Danny Clarks.

I meant to ask about Werner. OSU feeling strong about him?

Okudah and Browning are close, he's a lock for OSU IMO. Also not likely, but I now can see OSU having a better shot at the #1 player Marvin Wilson. He's from Texas and absolutely loved his visit. They'd have to make room for him

He has a spot if he wants it but I don't see him leaving the south.

OSU is working Werner, Trey Smith and Markquese Bell right now.

He has a spot if he wants it but I don't see him leaving the south.

OSU is working Werner, Trey Smith and Markquese Bell right now.

Could end up with 7 5 star prospects in the class which is insane.

I believe that gap is closed with Wilson though. Texas I have read hasn't contacted him since the Herman hire, so it is OSU and LSU (maybe FSU too). LSU just used their in home visit so Oregron can't visit in person with him anymore. So Urban(aka the closer) gets the last crack of his major candidates to visit him in house.

I wouldn't be surprised. His Mom loved the visit, he didn't wanna leave; he's close with Browning, Okudah, and Dobbins all Texas boys. That's 4 of the top 6 ranked Texas kids.

Could end up with 7 5 star prospects in the class which is insane.

I believe that gap is closed with Wilson though. Texas I have read hasn't contacted him since the Herman hire, so it is OSU and LSU (maybe FSU too). LSU just used their in home visit so Oregron can't visit in person with him anymore. So Urban(aka the closer) gets the last crack of his major candidates to visit him in house.

I wouldn't be surprised. His Mom loved the visit, he didn't wanna leave; he's close with Browning, Okudah, and Dobbins all Texas boys. That's 4 of the top 6 ranked Texas kids.

If you count Okudah they are at 7. The question is will they get 8 or 9? That would be including Trey Smith and Cam Akers. I still don't think they pull Wilson but he could entertain calls till signing day.

Akers was ready to commit elsewhere but decided to push it off at the last second. Which is big for OSU, however, Dobbins prefers to be the only back in the class.

That's the world of recruiting, Okudah will announce next weekend.

Trey Smith 5* Jackson, TN is set to announce his decision tomorrow at 4:00. For a while it seemed like a Tennessee lock, then Saban opened the door back up, then Urban came in and many thought he was going to be landing with the Buckeyes. I think he lands on Rocky Top, but I hope I'm wrong though.