Ohio State 2017 Recruiting

John Anthony

I'm hoping they didn't wait until Martell enrolled to lose interest in him.. But that doesn't make sense he's a top 50 player

Take Harris, Lynn Bowden, Munford, and end it with the possibility of getting Wilson.

Yeah if they used him as bait to land Martell that's crap. Looking at his tweets it seems Martell isn't too thrilled.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now the question is, is he upset because he decommited or because th OSU staff did that?

Who knows. I would tend to lean that he is more mad at OSU than Lindsey but we will know more by the end of the day. It's only 5:00 out in Vegas and this happened around 1:00 Eastern time. So we're going to have to wait a while. But the one thing we can rule out is his injury being the issue. Lindsey is planning on running track this spring at Bishop Gorman so he is obviously healthy.

Just an aside there is literally nothing worse than the grown men who tweet at recruits on twitter. Like you don't know them. You're 35 years old tweeting a 17-18 year old kid. Stop you look stupid. Especially the ones who tweet stupid stuff after a kid decommits. The one thing everyone needs to realize is all of these dudes are friends and they talk. If some commit gets crap from a fan base on twitter then he'll tell his friends you don't want to play their the fans are jerks. Just stop. It doesn't help anything. End rant.

Just an aside there is literally nothing worse than the grown men who tweet at recruits on twitter. Like you don't know them. You're 35 years old tweeting a 17-18 year old kid. Stop you look stupid. Especially the ones who tweet stupid stuff after a kid decommits. The one thing everyone needs to realize is all of these dudes are friends and they talk. If some commit gets crap from a fan base on twitter then he'll tell his friends you don't want to play their the fans are jerks. Just stop. It doesn't help anything. End rant.

Damien Harris was never committed to Kentucky and is still harassed to this day. People are ridiculous, there's always those guys

Damien Harris was never committed to Kentucky and is still harassed to this day. People are ridiculous, there's always those guys

Each fan base has them. Ohio State and Alabama fans are the worst about it from my experience. There are people tweeting at Lindsey saying, "you suck anyways", "we don't need you", "you're too short to play at OSU". Im like shut up we do need him! How stupid can you be. It legitimately infuriates me. But then again twitter itself infuriates me.

My best guess and being a cryptic tweet reader, is that Martell and Lindsey had some sort of falling out presumably over something Martell said which if I had to guess has to deal with Martell raving about other recruits who play the same position as Lindsey. But we'll find out more tonight.

My best guess and being a cryptic tweet reader, is that Martell and Lindsey had some sort of falling out presumably over something Martell said which if I had to guess has to deal with Martell raving about other recruits who play the same position as Lindsey. But we'll find out more tonight.

Haha if true, then ridiculous. 18 year old drama queens. Whatever. Sometimes I wonder how adult men (coaches) can subject themselves to this garbage. Between this and these jokers with their selection announcements.

I'm not trying to be that guy who calls a dude soft, drama queen, stupid millenial who doesn't understand, etc. but honestly this is starting to look that way. After reading Jeremy Birminghams article just now it's clear that this had nothing to do with OSU and everything to do with his relationship with Tate Martell. I don't know what was said or what actually happened but that's the root cause. Seems to me that Lindsey got his feeling hurts because he feels like Martell left him behind or something along those lines. Lindsey said in a video this afternoon that he will release the "truth" before NSD, but I fully expect the "truth" to be that he didn't feel like he fit into the new OSU system with Kevin Wilson. Which IMO is a load of bullcrap.

I hope he signs with a frequent OSU opponent and gets taken to school by the new, 5 star silver bullets. But, if he's really this petty, I wonder if he will ever see the field anywhere.
He'll be a cornhusker. They've been recruiting him hard and I'm pretty sure he has a cousin going to Nebraska too. I would be shocked if he lands somewhere else. So he'll get a shot at the Buckeyes for sure. The Nebraska WR coach has been tweeting stuff like "don't go to your dream school. Go to your dream situation. If your dream school doesn't go as planned it could become a nightmare" I'm pretty sure 62-3 is more of nightmare. But what do I know.

He'll be a cornhusker. They've been recruiting him hard and I'm pretty sure he has a cousin going to Nebraska too. I would be shocked if he lands somewhere else. So he'll get a shot at the Buckeyes for sure. The Nebraska WR coach has been tweeting stuff like "don't go to your dream school. Go to your dream situation. If your dream school doesn't go as planned it could become a nightmare" I'm pretty sure 62-3 is more of nightmare. But what do I know.

Yep - that vaunted passing history at Nebraska. Good luck with that.

Let's see...

Cris Carter, Jeff Graham, Stablein, Joey Galloway, Terry Glenn, David Boston, Michael Jenkins, Santonio Holmes, Anthony Gonzalez, Teddy Ginn, Brian Hartline, Brian Robiskie, Devier Posey, Devin Smith, Michael Thomas, Braxton Miller, Philly Brown. Heck, even Roy Hall

Irving Fryar, Irving Fryar, Irving Fryar...Eric Crouch...Quincy Enuwa

#DreamSituation - Hahahahaaa...#widereceiveru

Edited by Samcro