Ohio State 2017 Recruiting

John Anthony

How many of these kids are expected to step in and play right away' date=' and how many will be redshirted?[/quote']

Hard to say but OSU currently has 24 true frosh and 21 red shirt frosh the most in the country. And they all average out to 4 stars. I could see 1-2 playing immediately though.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to say but OSU currently has 24 true frosh and 21 red shirt frosh the most in the country. And they all average out to 4 stars. I could see 1-2 playing immediately though.

I'm not sure what you think about this season but even with all of the inexperience imo the Bucks will be good. That team up North should be right there in the hunt for the Big10 title but I still like the Bucks and a possible p/o shot.

Nothing but the top within the next 5 years and more. No one can say how many (if any) NC's with all of the other top teams but OSU should be right there in the mix. :thumb:

The Bucks should have no excuses if they don't reel off 4-5 ships over the next 5-7 years.

With the likes of Bama, Clemson and FSU (who are also cleaning up w/ great recruiting) I couldn't predict that many. I do think OSU will be in the hunt 4-5 titles is a bit much, jmo. I do like the way you're thinking though ...:lol2::thumb:

OSU will only take around 20 kids in this class. Currently the class is highlighted by two 5 star kids in Josh Myers OT and Shaun Wade CB.

Class is currently ranked #1 in the country with a long way to go.

I read that Wade may visit Ann Arbor.

I read that Wade may visit Ann Arbor.

When you're a top 10 kid you honestly should milk the cow as long as you can. Wade is probably most likely to leave if anyone does, but I'm hoping for good news from another corner in a few weeks regardless. I would love to have both though, Wade is legit.

• 3 weeks later...
2018 I don't get too excited about kids that far away though. Still I hope he comes.

Emory Jones was at FNL in that class, I say he's the next 2018 commit.

But the 2017 class is loaded with the number 5 player (Okudah), #7 (Peoples-Jones), #9 (Akers), #10 (Browning), #11 (Holmes), #20 (Grimes), #32 (Lindsey) who the Buckeyes have a realistic chance at all of them! There's a few more guys that they could end up with but there's limited spots and I only looked at the top 50.

I think OSU ends up with the number one class in the end unless Nick Saban gets like the top 3 players

Emory Jones was at FNL in that class' date=' I say he's the next 2018 commit. But the 2017 class is loaded with the number 5 player (Okudah), #7 (Peoples-Jones), #9 (Akers), #10 (Browning), #11 (Holmes), #20 (Grimes), #32 (Lindsey) who the Buckeyes have a realistic chance at all of them! There's a few more guys that they could end up with but there's limited spots and I only looked at the top 50. I think OSU ends up with the number one class in the end unless Nick Saban gets like the top 3 players[/quote']

OSU will get at least 2 of those 2017 names. 3 is realistic, 4 would be forget about it.

In order of most likely IMO Grimes Okudah Lindsey Akers Peoples-Jones Holmes Browning Imagine if they pull 5?

It's like Coach K and Cal recruiting one class right now.

I'll post my order of most likely:

Grimes

Lindsay

Akers

Okudah

Browning

DPJ