Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands and Male Freshmen scrimmage?

Featured Replies

The baby birds are going to scrimmage Male's freshmen this Friday. Does anyone have any info. on the outlook of Male's freshmen team?

  • Replies 39
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What time will the frosh scrimmage be? Will it take place on another field while the varsity teams scrimmage? (I'd like to see both if possible).

 

Alabama Larry, Do you know?

  • Author

If they do it like last year, the freshmen will be on one half of the field while the jv is on the other half. After this is finished, the varsity will scrimmage using the whole field.

What time will the frosh scrimmage be? Will it take place on another field while the varsity teams scrimmage? (I'd like to see both if possible).

 

Alabama Larry, Do you know?

 

I would doubt they are allowed under KHSAA rules to have a separate scrimmage unless each varsity squad only had one other scrimmage. They can be part of the regular scrimmage which I believe is limited to a certain amount of time (3 hours?) My understanding is each school is allowed 2 scrimmages in football.

I know the KHSAA counts FROSH baseball scrimmages against varsity or total scrimmages allowed per school because a head varsity coach had to serve a one game suspension for having too many scrimmages in one pre season.

I'll try to find out . I'm headed over there at 5PM and post later.

All I could find out is there will be a freshmen scrimmage. It should be at 7 with using half the field. The varsity will run plays from a certain yardline heading the opposite direction. Good Luck to the Birds & Dogs.

All I could find out is there will be a freshmen scrimmage. It should be at 7 with using half the field. The varsity will run plays from a certain yardline heading the opposite direction. Good Luck to the Birds & Dogs.

 

Larry, we are getting a little different scoop. We were told that the freshman will scrimmage exclusively for about the first 30 minutes. After that gets finished, the varsity will scrimmage using a game type situation with kick offs, clock, etc. for the remaining 2 1/2 hours (total scrimmage time cannot exceed 3 hours per KHSAA rules). I'm pretty sure that's what they did last year.

  • Author

The Birds score twice and hold Male scoreless. It looked like Male has more kids on the frosh than HHS's has on the varsity and freshmen combined.

The Birds score twice and hold Male scoreless. It looked like Male has more kids on the frosh than HHS's has on the varsity and freshmen combined.

They said they brought 90 and I dont doubt it.

I thought the kids were the VARSITY when I saw them stretching and warming up. Size and numbers. Speaking of numbers...can anyone out there give a "hi-lights" post with name/numbers of kids who stood out for HHS? I saw the Bardo boy (the "un-hefty lefty") chuck some nice throws but don't know who was on the other end catching. Who were 21 and 23 ?? D looked strong...bend don't break! Another good showing for the "baby birds" !!!

The score could have easily been 28-0 Birds. Two balls were dropped in the end zone. Have to chalk that up to first game jitters. Come regular season those balls will be caught by the Birds receivers.

The JV game was completely one sided for the Birds. Male had 3 possessions of 10 plays each and netted about 40 total yards. The Birds had 2 possessions of ten plays each and scored twice and moved the ball at will. Very good O and D displayed by the JV squad!

The score could have easily been 28-0 Birds. Two balls were dropped in the end zone. Have to chalk that up to first game jitters. Come regular season those balls will be caught by the Birds receivers.

What # is the Collinsworth kid????

The JV game was completely one sided for the Birds. Male had 3 possessions of 10 plays each and netted about 40 total yards. The Birds had 2 possessions of ten plays each and scored twice and moved the ball at will. Very good O and D displayed by the JV squad!

I don,t like the split field format. A couple of times QBs scrambled into all of the coaches standing at midfield.JV, I thought TG looked good for HHS at QB, and Ollie Head looked real good at RB. 65,75 and 57 Dlineman controlled the line of scrimmage for the Birds, D played great.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.