February 19, 201610 yr I read it like Deuce was referring to people with guns getting arrested peacefully by the cops and others with guns getting shot or their brains beat in. Not everyone arrested. Ones with guns. Maybe white guys just fold like pussywillows and drop their guns at a higher rate. :idunno:
February 19, 201610 yr Maybe white guys just fold like pussywillows and drop their guns at a higher rate. :idunno: :lol2: :lol2:
February 19, 201610 yr Maybe white guys just fold like pussywillows and drop their guns at a higher rate. :idunno: Maybe white Frenchmen...
February 20, 201610 yr I read it like Deuce was referring to people with guns getting arrested peacefully by the cops and others with guns getting shot or their brains beat in. Not everyone arrested. Ones with guns. People who point guns at police are lucky if they don't get shot. It has happened though. Are you all saying that no black people have ever pointed a gun at police and walked away unharmed?
February 20, 201610 yr People who point guns at police are lucky if they don't get shot. It has happened though. Are you all saying that no black people have ever pointed a gun at police and walked away unharmed? I can't say. My first thought is I don't see how anyone of any color can point a gun at a cop and walk away alive. Anyone who points a gun at a cop whether it is fake or not should be shot IMO. However, when stories come out about a black dude pulling a gun and getting shot and white dude pulling a gun and not getting shot I would think that when word gets out of the circumstances people are going to wonder what the hell is going on.
February 20, 201610 yr I can't say. My first thought is I don't see how anyone of any color can point a gun at a cop and walk away alive. Anyone who points a gun at a cop whether it is fake or not should be shot IMO. However, when stories come out about a black dude pulling a gun and getting shot and white dude pulling a gun and not getting shot I would think that when word gets out of the circumstances people are going to wonder what the hell is going on. It's because people see what they want to see. Reality is they were probably very different situations. No police officer is going to risk his or her life more than they have to based on the race of the individual threatening them.
February 20, 201610 yr It's because people see what they want to see. Reality is they were probably very different situations. No police officer is going to risk his or her life more than they have to based on the race of the individual threatening them. I agree. When I saw the stories the first thing I thought was that they were two different situations. That's me though. That's a hard sell to the crowd who believes the police are the bad guys when it comes to black people. Me personally, I get it. Try to sell that to the black community now. That's where things get complicated. Minds are closed on both sides, dialogue gets one sided, defenses get raised and all hopes of understanding disappear. America in 2016.
February 20, 201610 yr I agree. When I saw the stories the first thing I thought was that they were two different situations. That's me though. That's a hard sell to the crowd who believes the police are the bad guys when it comes to black people. Me personally, I get it. Try to sell that to the black community now. That's where things get complicated. Minds are closed on both sides, dialogue gets one sided, defenses get raised and all hopes of understanding disappear. America in 2016. My mind isn't closed, but I understand what you're saying. That's the best I can do with a response right now because I'm tired lol
February 20, 201610 yr I can't say. My first thought is I don't see how anyone of any color can point a gun at a cop and walk away alive. Anyone who points a gun at a cop whether it is fake or not should be shot IMO. However, when stories come out about a black dude pulling a gun and getting shot and white dude pulling a gun and not getting shot I would think that when word gets out of the circumstances people are going to wonder what the hell is going on. So what you're saying is it's likely to get a lot of media attention? I'm sure the media is thankful for that. I told someone the other day, as soon as the "news" got in the likes, shares and reposted headlines business it became bad for everyone. It's sad really.
February 20, 201610 yr So what you're saying is it's likely to get a lot of media attention? I'm sure the media is thankful for that. I told someone the other day, as soon as the "news" got in the likes, shares and reposted headlines business it became bad for everyone. It's sad really. It'll definitely get media attention and like you said the intentions of the media always outweighs the whole story.
February 22, 201610 yr Family of man shot to death by police speaks out - Cincinnati News' date=' FOX19-WXIX TV[/url'] This whole article makes me say "Really....Really" WESTWOOD, OH (FOX19) - The family of the man who was shot and killed by Cincinnati police officers in Westwood Wednesday is questioning how officers handled the situation. “It only takes one bullet to put somebody down. It doesn’t take nine shots,” said Karen Williams, Paul Gaston’s aunt. District Three officers confronted the 37-year-old Gaston in the 3300 block of Harrison Avenue after reports that he was waving a gun on Dirheim Avenue earlier. [Related: Cell phone video: Suspect with airsoft gun shot, killed by police] Police say Gaston refused to comply with commands to lie on the ground and retrieved a firearm from his waistband. “I agree” said Williams, when asked if he should have done what officer’s asked, but she said the force used by officers was excessive. “One shot, one shot would have done it,” said Williams, “why wouldn’t they (officers) shoot to wound instead of shooting to kill.” The girlfriend of Paul Gaston spoke to Fox 19 Now. The original 911 call was made by her but she did not initially tell police Gaston did not have a real gun. She asked us not to use her name. She said Gaston was playing around and shot her daughter with what she called a BB gun. “He was drunk he had been drinking,” she said. He had just had an accident. Not trying to justify him not listening, but that played a role,” she said. She agrees with Gaston’s mother explaining to us that police should have used restraint. “I don’t think he deserved to be shot. I think it could have been handled differently,” she said. Cincinnati Mayor John Cranley and the Cincinnati Police Department said earlier Wednesday that the shooting incident was justified. Emotion outweighs most logic in this. It's an unfortunate situation.
February 22, 201610 yr Which is why the media shouldn't bother them right after. They are going to say stupid things, like they did here. The media doesn't care. The media loves dirt, no doubt about it. That said, there are always onlookers, witnesses and others who are more than happy to seek out a news crew or reporter to run their mouths to. More times than not, the media is going to go after the anti-cop slant because that is the way they roll.
February 22, 201610 yr Reality is they were probably very different situations. In what situation would you allow someone to point a gun at you, which you admit you didn't know if it was real and felt threatened, and NOT shoot them?
February 22, 201610 yr In what situation would you allow someone to point a gun at you, which you admit you didn't know if it was real and felt threatened, and NOT shoot them? Every situation is different. I am confident that not very many people would make that decision based on the race of the person with the weapon though.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.