Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cincinnati Police Shooting

Featured Replies

I have one question, why does anyone carry around a pellet/bbgun? Is there a logical reason?

 

Yes, there is. To shoot your girlfriend's daughter when you are drunk.

  • Replies 58
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't say it enough. King is a moron. Every situation is different and for every one where police shoot a black man I could show you thousands where they don't.

 

I promise you, armed black men have been arrested without incident in Cincinnati.

 

White people with pellet=bb/fake guns have been shot in this country too.

 

...but mostly they just go get knocked out at EKU...

Can't say it enough. King is a moron. Every situation is different and for every one where police shoot a black man I could show you thousands where they don't.

 

I promise you, armed black men have been arrested without incident in Cincinnati.

 

White people with pellet=bb/fake guns have been shot in this country too.

 

I know.

Which is why the media shouldn't bother them right after.

 

They are going to say stupid things, like they did here. The media doesn't care.

 

Nope. The media doesn't care at all. They have stories to sensationalize and sell.

Nope. The media doesn't care at all. They have stories to sensationalize and sell.

 

Maybe we need to eliminate the media?

Maybe we need to eliminate the media?

 

Eliminate the threat?

  • Author
Which is why the media shouldn't bother them right after. They are going to say stupid things' date=' like they did here. The media doesn't care.[/quote']

 

Correct

I guess this thread isn't about the white guy who pointed a fake gun at Cincy Police and was peacefully detained?

I guess this thread isn't about the white guy who pointed a fake gun at Cincy Police and was peacefully detained?

 

Somewhat. See post #6.

I guess this thread isn't about the white guy who pointed a fake gun at Cincy Police and was peacefully detained?

 

I would venture to guess this was not a black / white thing but more of a compliance thing....that's just my opinion.

 

To be honest, I've watched this story for the past 2 days and didn't know until this AM what race the guy was....he did, after all, crash his Chevy Silverado into a pole while intoxicated.

I guess this thread isn't about the white guy who pointed a fake gun at Cincy Police and was peacefully detained?

Shaun King is on that story for you! As mentioned earlier we don't know the facts of that case...maybe they should have shot him, maybe he immediately dropped the gun, maybe they didn't shoot him immediately because there was someone in the line of fire...we just don't know why they didn't shoot him yet. Hopefully that will come out now.

I would venture to guess this was not a black / white thing but more of a compliance thing....that's just my opinion.

 

To be honest, I've watched this story for the past 2 days and didn't know until this AM what race the guy was....he did, after all, crash his Chevy Silverado into a pole while intoxicated.

 

He resisted. I only say "peaceful" because his brains weren't beat in, and he wasn't shot to death.

Shaun King is on that story for you! As mentioned earlier we don't know the facts of that case...maybe they should have shot him, maybe he immediately dropped the gun, maybe they didn't shoot him immediately because there was someone in the line of fire...we just don't know why they didn't shoot him yet. Hopefully that will come out now.

 

"While at the home, officials said Christopher Laugle, 26, pointed a fake gun at an officer. The officer said he did not know the gun was fake and felt threatened, according to court documents."

 

Police: Mount Healthy man points fake gun at officers | Local News - WLWT Home

He resisted. I only say "peaceful" because his brains weren't beat in, and he wasn't shot to death.

 

I can see where you might be coming from on the surface. I would offer that the location and situation were likely very different. There were a number of things in the shooting incident that were odd, not the least of which was the crashed truck as well as the 911 call.

 

I don't think we know the facts of the case, but to immediately take it to the black v white I don't think is totally fair...I believe the situation and conditions were likely the difference in the decision making.

"While at the home, officials said Christopher Laugle, 26, pointed a fake gun at an officer. The officer said he did not know the gun was fake and felt threatened, according to court documents."

 

Police: Mount Healthy man points fake gun at officers | Local News - WLWT Home

Yeah that was in the Shaun King link above...still without video it can't be determined what the exact circumstances were. Maybe he should have been shot, too...maybe there was a valid reason they didn't.

 

Do you think the police were wrong in shooting the guy in this thread?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.