Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Pikeville 75 Shelby Valley 72 (OT)

Featured Replies

Final.

 

Sounds like this one had some interesting stuff going on. :popcorn:

  • Author

Sounds like an official complaint has been filed and attorneys are involved

Very interesting stuff coming out of Shelby Valley. I have contacted people from both sides on this matter and heard reports that seem consistent, but again they are just reports and opinions of what was seen. Hopefully this does not get ugly for the 15th Region. Potential charges and possible litigation are currently in motion so I wont comment any further on the situation until all sides have had a chance to tell their story and evidence reviewed. I do know Shelby Valley had a game scheduled with Jenkins this evening and it was dropped off the KHSAA schedule earlier in the day so make what inferences you will.

 

The outcome of the game did determine that Pikeville will get the #1 seed in the 59th District tournament and play Piarist in the first round at East Ridge. Shelby Valley will play East Ridge in the first round. Should be a great matchup in the 2/3 game. Congratulations to Pikeville and Coach Bart Williams on securing the regular season district title and almost guaranteed spot in the regional tournament.

That the same Hicks that was at Greenup Co about 6-8 years ago ?

  • Author

I'm told by multiple sources that no punches were thrown and allegations are at the very least exaggerated.

I'm told by multiple sources that no punches were thrown and allegations are at the very least exaggerated.

 

Really surprised no video has surfaced. That probably means "nothing to see."

  • Author
Really surprised no video has surfaced. That probably means "nothing to see."

 

People who have seen the videos said there are no punches. Just passing along what I was told

That the same Hicks that was at Greenup Co about 6-8 years ago ?
Yes.

 

Seriously, is anyone surprised that this stuff follows him? It's everywhere he's been.

He has a nice right hook , and left uppercut ... I saw him throwing those at an imaginary referee at GC on the sidelines .... LOL

Since this was at a game, surely people saw something.

  • Author
Since this was at a game, surely people saw something.

 

As I said, people saw nothing.

Yes.

 

Seriously, is anyone surprised that this stuff follows him? It's everywhere he's been.

 

I think coaches and players had to separate him and Lee County's former coach following a game in Beattyville last year.

 

I know a little about Hicks since his first high school head coaching job was a our school. He was there for one year and left for Greenup County. I'm not going to say much about him except to say he was a very intense bench coach, rarely sitting down, and continuely screaming and shouting at the refs and the team. From what I saw at the All A state tournament he hasn't changed.

He had his good points and bad. He was a very hard worker but just a little over the top in the intensity department. Really got amped up during games.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.