Pikeville 75 Shelby Valley 72 (OT)

Wireman

I think coaches and players had to separate him and Lee County's former coach following a game in Beattyville last year.

I know a little about Hicks since his first high school head coaching job was a our school. He was there for one year and left for Greenup County. I'm not going to say much about him except to say he was a very intense bench coach, rarely sitting down, and continuely screaming and shouting at the refs and the team. From what I saw at the All A state tournament he hasn't changed.

He had his good points and bad. He was a very hard worker but just a little over the top in the intensity department. Really got amped up during games.

Soooo, it sounds like he's "somewhat" guilty in this incident ? Is that an accurate statement ? Or just a guy that hasn't gotten ejected enough to realize that paying the stupid tax to the KHSAA will go on, regardless of how good a basketball official he thinks he is ?

Soooo, it sounds like he's "somewhat" guilty in this incident ? Is that an accurate statement ? Or just a guy that hasn't gotten ejected enough to realize that paying the stupid tax to the KHSAA will go on, regardless of how good a basketball official he thinks he is ?

He never had any incidents or altercations with anyone during the one season he was coach at our school, but he was always super-hyped up on the bench. I was at the All A in Frankfort and I noticed he still had the same coaching style even after 14 years. I thought he might have calmed down a little with the passing of time.

I would think that referees would have a hard time concentrating on the game because he is definitely going to make himself heard, not only with the refs but also his players.

I understand many coaches are intense in games but he seems to take it to another level.