Mason County 79 Montgomery County 70 (OT)

A five-spot well-spent at the Fieldhouse. Great game between two fundamentally sound, well-coached squads. Few turnovers, few fouls (none called in the first quarter).

Royals could have laid down twice and didn't either time. Down 8 with around 3 minutes to play, clawed back to tie it up at 1:20 or thereabouts. Basket in the lane by Darren Williams put them up 2 with 3.2 to go. Up the floor, TO with 2.6. Lob try to Jones, deflected out of bounds by D-Will. Indians score on an inbound under the basket to a wide-open Shelby Combs as time expired. But Mason outscored MoCo 12-3, holding the Indians to 1-8 from the field in OT.

Career-high 36 for Pig Williams, 15 for Sweeney, 13 for Darren Williams and 11 for Garrison. Indians led by Art Walker with 25 including 7 three-balls, but he was held scoreless after the third quarter. Caswell Fuller (very solid PG in his own right) had 13 or 15.

A key stat in a game like this was Mason County going 9-9 from the stripe (Montgomery was a solid 8-10).

Great game!

I look for Mason Co to make a statement this Friday vs Harrison Co, a team that put Mason Co out of region last year first round.

I said tonight the 10th Region is full of suprises this year, and two games verifies that. Pendleton Co upsetting Campbell in Campbell & Mason upsetting MoCo.

I stand by my earilier statement that the 10th Region is up for grabs this year. Anyone can take it. A few more games remain before Districts. The rest of the season will be interesting! I plan to be at every game!

Sumo is spot on, Walker can flat shoot the ball, and I was very impressed with pig to night, would love to start seeing more folks showing up to support the home team.

A team that deserves fans to show up! I hope we pack the house Friday against Harrison, Thursday against Fleming & then Friday against Pendleton, and what would be even better if we packed Bishop Brossart on Tuesday.

I see if we win out, we pack Bracken Co up for Disticts.

Mason Co. 79

Montgomery Co. 70 (OT)

Montgomery Co. 19 16 17 17 3 70

Mason Co. 16 22 12 17 12 79

Montgomery Co. (16-10) -- Fuller 13, Walker 25, Combs 8, Jones 12, Canada 1, Parsley 11.

Mason Co. (17-7) -- A. Williams 36, Garrison 11, Sweeney 15, D. Williams 13, Dunaway 4.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/sports/high-school/prep-basketball/article44452098.html?appSession=10602060181000689624468861492211288557225302775209942723542642124219031372162368350401423120282212111207960376112564125580622122&RecordID=25340&PageID=8&PrevPageID=2&cpipage=1&CPIsortType=&CPIorderBy=&cbCurrentRecordPosition=1&Mod0LinkToDetails=True#storylink=cpy

The crowd wasn't what you would think for two of the teams in the hunt for the region title.

Having one turnover was very impressive for mason co, and very disturbing for moco. If your defense can't generate more than one turnover, it will be hard to win close games.

Good clean game where both teams were both making shoots. I also came away thinking neither team was really showing their full hand in a game that really didn't mean a lot.

In a win or go home game, I don't see moco playing m2m against many if any 10th region teams. They struggle guarding the ball in m2m. They will open in zone and go m2m only if they get down.

I also think Mason might bring more pressure in a one and done setting.

Should be a good game if they meet again.

Walker was killing Garrison running around the screens. It wasn't until Pig switched to him that Mason was able to contain him. Mason also switched D. Williams over to Jones to slow him down. So Coach Biggs definitely was making in game adjustments last night.

I also liked starting Dunaway. I thought he played well although he had a few shots that just wouldn't fall.

Should be a good 10th region tournament this year.