Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

3A 2006 BGP rankings

Featured Replies

1. Bowling Green

2. Highlands

3. Covington Catholic

4. Rockcastle County

5. Lexington Catholic

6. Hopkinsville

7. Boyle County

8. Bell County

9. Central

10. Southwestern

 

Thoughts.....

Surprises.....

Comments...

I'll pretty much agree with 1-9, but Southwestern at 10 is ridiculous. No team in the state gets more credit for accomplishing less the Southwestern. Every year they are ranked high and every year they are gone by the 2nd round. Ashland, Franklin County, and Johnson Central should be ranked ahead of them. Until Southwestern beats Bullitt East, I think BE should be ranked ahead of the too.

I'll pretty much agree with 1-9, but Southwestern at 10 is ridiculous. No team in the state gets more credit for accomplishing less the Southwestern. Every year they are ranked high and every year they are gone by the 2nd round. Ashland, Franklin County, and Johnson Central should be ranked ahead of them. Until Southwestern beats Bullitt East, I think BE should be ranked ahead of the too.

 

What is it, did we do something to mess with you. I've never been nothing but complimentry of your squad. BE will be in the mix as always. I thought last season we should have been in the top ten and wasn't I believe your guys were. I didn't get on here downing your squad so take it for what it is PRE-SEASON poll nothing more. GEZZZZ!! I went back and looked you guys weren't ranked in the top ten pre-season last year but you enter it and stayed if I remember right. And one team fell out the second week not to return. So there you go!

I don't know what SW will bring to the field this year but I can tell you this, whatever they bring will be more than some teams will want.:thumb:

I won't even pretend to know as much about these teams as the BGP'ers who made these rankings do, but I bet that there are not 6 3A teams better than Boyle County... we'll soon see!

Franklin needs to be in the top ten. They will be good this year.

Franklin needs to be in the top ten. They will be good this year.

They have the best qb in the state but what else?????:confused:

I just have a hard time not putting Boyle County in my top 5 in 3A. I think they bounce back from that aweful 11-2 season from last year. (slight sarcasm) I just think wherever they put Seth Tamme, it will be an automatic mismatch to whomever they are playing. I know after watching our pass coverage in last night's scrimmage, I'm going to wait a bit before I get all pumped about the Rebels coming to town. I could be wrong about top 5, but I strongly believe they do bounce back to championship form.

I think Rock probably should be ranked 3rd. They have a lot back and also have plenty of size. And Boyle is probably a little bit low.

I think Rock probably should be ranked 3rd. They have a lot back and also have plenty of size. And Boyle is probably a little bit low.

 

 

I hear that Rockcastle co. has an awesome Offensive line this season. Good luck to the Rockets!

I hear that Rockcastle co. has an awesome Offensive line this season. Good luck to the Rockets!

 

Id love to see Bell handle Rock, but its going to be really tough this year. Bell will have a nice team, but I dont know how well we will do agains Rock up front.

Franklin needs to be in the top ten. They will be good this year.

 

How do they compare to the 10 teams listed?

I think Rock probably should be ranked 3rd. They have a lot back and also have plenty of size. And Boyle is probably a little bit low.

 

How do they compare to CCH and Lexington Catholic?

Ammons is a fine player, and Franklin County is a team to watch, but they were hammered by the two top-10 teams they played last year, Lexington Catholic (62-28) and Highlands (61-14).

 

Obviously, the Flyers have some progress to make before they crack the top 10.

What is it, did we do something to mess with you. I've never been nothing but complimentry of your squad. BE will be in the mix as always. I thought last season we should have been in the top ten and wasn't I believe your guys were. I didn't get on here downing your squad so take it for what it is PRE-SEASON poll nothing more. GEZZZZ!! I went back and looked you guys weren't ranked in the top ten pre-season last year but you enter it and stayed if I remember right. And one team fell out the second week not to return. So there you go!

 

It is nothing personal against anyone from Southwestern. Bullitt East is NEVER ranked in the preseason top 10 and Southwestern usually is. When you look at what the 2 teams have accomplished, how can this be? It baffles me that a team that went 7-5 and has lots of question marks on both the offensive and defensive lines can be ranked in the top 10 over teams that had better records, and/or have more returning talent.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.