Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 80 Arkansas 66

Featured Replies

Poythress and Lee have to jack up the energy. Some guys are stepping up in their absence.

 

Poythress certainly got them started, but then basically disappeared the rest of the game.

 

Lee fouls way too often.

I just don't get the complaints about Murray. He is the offense on this team.

 

Good effort and a much better performance overall by the Cats.

 

Side note: If I were starting a team, there is not a PG in the country I'd pick over Ulis. Kid is the best floor general I can ever remember at Kentucky.

Good effort tonight.

I like the way Willis played. Glad he's now in the lineup.

One observation is Murray needs to give the ball up to open players on some of his drives. He comes off as a little selfish sometimes.

 

Agree, but think he just tries to do too much. I see Coach Cal talking to him about everytime he does this too.

 

I get how Murray can look "selfish" with the ball, but outside of Ulis he's far and away from everyone else on the team the best scorer they have. Which also makes you wonder what the coach's are telling him, we don't know and that COULD be part of why you see him being aggressive with the ball. Currently the weakest part of his game offensively is off the dribble; it's really not bad at all just his weakest area.

 

AS for Skal did anyone see how Fran Fraschilla felt perhaps Skal needed to be utilized on offense away from the basket more? UK did that and he had a descent game. Not great but better than what we've seen out of him lately.

RE: Murray. I don't see selfish. People sometimes confuse erratic play or poor decision making with selfishness. Cal wants him attacking and you can see why. When he goes to the rim he is a deadly as anyone. I want to see the ball in his hands going to the rim more. He averages under 4 FT attempts per game. He should be in that 6-7 range.

 

RE: Skal. He is getting more comfortable, but that is not saying much. Still incredibly weak and plays only with his arms. Hopefully this game gives him confidence moving forward and we can see more from him.

 

RE: Willis. Since Cal called him out three games ago he has responded. He got yanked a few times because he got lost on defense, but much better.

 

I can't decide if last night was about how UK played or how poorly Arkansas performed.

No love lost between Cal and Mike Anderson. The end of game handshake was the quickest passing I've ever seen between coaches!

Poythress certainly got them started, but then basically disappeared the rest of the game.

 

Lee fouls way too often.[/quote

 

Poythress disappeared because of foul trouble, with a couple of his fouls very questionable. He was productive in his 15 minutes of playing time with 6 rebounds, 7 points and a block.

No love lost between Cal and Mike Anderson. The end of game handshake was the quickest passing I've ever seen between coaches!

 

Malik Monk. Say no more.

Sounded like he said Cal was padding the stats, or leaving his better players in to long so it looked better for the polls or some nonsense like that.

Did no one notice just how horrible Arkansas was? That was one of the worst displays basketball I've seen all year. Undisciplined, chaotic, lazy basketball.

Murray is a volume shooter. Thats what he does. You can not complain about it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.