Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tyler Bezold college choices

Featured Replies

I believe you. The CBU coach is friends with David Bezold. Maybe a connection there will help Tyler.

 

Delete

  • Replies 43
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the "dumpster fire story" thing ? I am clueless. Can someone tell me in a condensed version?

What is the "dumpster fire story" thing ? I am clueless. Can someone tell me in a condensed version?

 

No, it's not pertinent to this thread.

 

Feel free to pm those discussing it to find out. Discussing it here takes away from discussing this player as was intended.

Have only seen Bezold play once in a loss against Brossart. Thought he was a very nice 6'3" player that was forced to play underneath because his high school team needs him there. Takes on the challenge because he is a warrior and critical to his team being one of tops in 9th. Would think D3 or NAIA would be a very good fit.

Very interesting thread. I was hoping it would be about the Holy Cross standout and not his dad and NKU. Has bluegrass preps become the facebook of high school basketball???? I would say he has a shot at D II... might get to play sooner at a Thomas More

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule #13

He is clearly a great H.S. player, that isn't a question. I think his struggle at the D-II level would be who is he guarding? He'd have to play on a wing, at the 2 / 3 spot, and that is going to be an issue on the defensive end. Watch Bellarmine play, is he going to guard Rusty Troutman? He'd be a great asset as a pick-and-pop 4 if he was taller, but at his height / skill set, I think D-III would be a nice fit for him. He can get buckets, that won't ever be disputed.

I don't know Kevin Schapell but you can sure as heck tell him to message me if he has a problem. And you can do the same.

 

I think EVERYONE would appreciate it if SC kept his personal vendetta with Wireman on a private basis. NO ONE REALLY cares to hear the tired old same thing over and over again whenever reading about NKU. Everyone is entitled to their opinion about what NKU did or didn't do in relation to Bezold, but we ALL know your opinion SC so please refrain from repeating it. Thank You

I remember thinking Tyler as a potential D3 player, but I also have not seen him play in about 2 years. Reading on here and speaking to people around NKy, it sounds like he has improved immensely. Based on that, I really think now he could be a solid D3 player. How tall is he? Because if he's in the 6'3"+ range it would not surprise me to see him get minutes right away at the next level. And if he's not taller than 6'3", I would not be surprised to see him adjust his game to the bigger/faster pace so that he quickly contributes.

 

Good luck, regardless of the level he plays at.

  • Author
Have only seen Bezold play once in a loss against Brossart. Thought he was a very nice 6'3" player that was forced to play underneath because his high school team needs him there. Takes on the challenge because he is a warrior and critical to his team being one of tops in 9th. Would think D3 or NAIA would be a very good fit.

 

Well said. I agree with all of your observations. Bezold can play guard or forward or the post in high school, he is needed inside or driving to the basket now. He still might grow an inch or two. I can see him at 6' 5 by the time he is a junior in college.

I haven't seen him play recently enough to have an educated opinion but I do watch a lot of D2 basketball and there are some really good D2 players and teams out there but you shouldn't use Bellarmine as your only point of reference. It's like saying if you can't play at Duke or Uk that you can't play D1. The nice thing about D2 is they can give partial scholarships so a good student athlete can get some ball money and add it with some academic money and come up with a nice deal. I would highly recommend that over the D3 route. Unfortunately KY is not blessed with many D2 schools. Good luck to Tyler and I'm sure that if he wants to play in college a player with his connections can find a good fit.

I haven't seen him play recently enough to have an educated opinion but I do watch a lot of D2 basketball and there are some really good D2 players and teams out there but you shouldn't use Bellarmine as your only point of reference. It's like saying if you can't play at Duke or Uk that you can't play D1. The nice thing about D2 is they can give partial scholarships so a good student athlete can get some ball money and add it with some academic money and come up with a nice deal. I would highly recommend that over the D3 route. Unfortunately KY is not blessed with many D2 schools. Good luck to Tyler and I'm sure that if he wants to play in college a player with his connections can find a good fit.

 

D2 are allowed 10 scholarships. They can give full rides or partials.

D2 are allowed 10 scholarships. They can give full rides or partials.

 

Frankly, D2 schools have more flexibility (and can make their scholarships go farther) than D1 schools. At D1 schools, it's all or nothing. If a kid can get 75% paid for due to academics, or financial aid, the school still has to use a FULL athletic scholarship on him - or no athletic money at all. D2 schools can combine any academic money or financial aid that a student is eligible for, then plug the remaining deficit with athletic money. Thus, 10 D2 scholarships often go farther than 13 D1 scholarships.

So according to the article he has interest from Transylvania, Thomas More, and Otterbein. All good D3 schools.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.