January 22, 201610 yr I had to Google to find out who she was. I'd never heard of her before this incident. She is easy on the eyes. Tell me, why should I care what she's says or thinks? You shouldn't.
January 22, 201610 yr At 49, Stacey Dash is absurd. As long as she continues to look like that she can think and say whatever she pleases IMO... :eek: Finally, someone else that agrees. I was beginning to think I was the only one.
January 22, 201610 yr Finally, someone else that agrees. I was beginning to think I was the only one. No doubt. She's been a smoke-show since her Clueless days and has just gotten hotter with age. I'm shocked more people don't know who she is.
January 22, 201610 yr No doubt. She's been a smoke-show since her Clueless days and has just gotten hotter with age. I'm shocked more people don't know who she is. If I saw her out in a normal social setting and didn't know who she was, I'd guess 30's(at best). The woman is a bomb shell.
January 22, 201610 yr I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers. I may not listen to her speak though.
January 22, 201610 yr Didn't know who she was before this, have never seen Clueless. However I'm trying to understand where she is wrong. Naïve perhaps and will never happen but in theory what she said makes sense, doesn't it? Unless I'm mistaken she wants to end the segregation in awards, entertainment, etc. Is that correct? I'm sure she understands why it is the way it is and chooses to ignore it to get more attention for her statements, which is working.
January 22, 201610 yr BET was sold to Viacom in the early 2000s. Viacom owns MTV and VH1. It's not black people doing the segregating. Just saying......
January 22, 201610 yr Didn't know who she was before this' date=' have never seen Clueless. However I'm trying to understand where she is wrong. Naïve perhaps and will never happen but in theory what she said makes sense, doesn't it? Unless I'm mistaken she wants to end the segregation in awards, entertainment, etc. Is that correct? I'm sure she understands why it is the way it is and chooses to ignore it to get more attention for her statements, which is working.[/quote'] I would say her argument does not make sense.
January 22, 201610 yr I would say her argument does not make sense. Why does it not make sense? Where is she wrong? Maybe I'm missing something as I cannot access the video here so I just read the article.
January 22, 201610 yr I think a lot of people bristle or roll their eyes at things like BET or "Black-ish" or Tyler Perry movies as niche "black" entertainment. But no one thinks of shows like "Two and a Half Men" or "The Big Bang Theory" or "Dirty Grandpa" as niche "white" entertainment. I imagine if you are a minority you might find that many of these primetime shows and blockbusters aren't made and marketed toward you. Maybe the studios take a stab at diversity with a minority supporting character, but this has been done so often its developed its own trope as the "token black guy." Yet when a studio or company creates entertainment geared directly toward a black or minority audience people get in a tizzy about "integration" and "reverse racism" or whatever. That's somewhat tangential to the Oscars discussion, but I think some of that is at play still.
January 22, 201610 yr Really? The studio had doubts about another Rocky flick selling? C'mon. Look it up they were hoping to break even originally. You act like the last few were any good, now they introduce a new fighter.
January 22, 201610 yr I think a lot of people bristle or roll their eyes at things like BET or "Black-ish" or Tyler Perry movies as niche "black" entertainment. But no one thinks of shows like "Two and a Half Men" or "The Big Bang Theory" or "Dirty Grandpa" as niche "white" entertainment. I imagine if you are a minority you might find that many of these primetime shows and blockbusters aren't made and marketed toward you. Maybe the studios take a stab at diversity with a minority supporting character, but this has been done so often its developed its own trope as the "token black guy." Yet when a studio or company creates entertainment geared directly toward a black or minority audience people get in a tizzy about "integration" and "reverse racism" or whatever. That's somewhat tangential to the Oscars discussion, but I think some of that is at play still.
January 22, 201610 yr The world I grew up in was full of white people on tv and in movies. Other than Harriet Beecher Stowe, I don't remember studying about a single black person. Except for Thanksgiving Day, the Indians were "savages." I was a lot older until I realized that American Indians were mostly peace loving people who were forced out of their land by the new "Americans". Things have come a long way since I was a kid, but in no way are they equal. I have no problem with black history month or BET. If the world was perfect, I might think differently, but God knows we are far from a perfect world. I am curious to hear from parents of young kids. Is history still being taught like it was 50 years ago, or is it more integrated and more realistic?
January 22, 201610 yr Why does it not make sense? Where is she wrong? Maybe I'm missing something as I cannot access the video here so I just read the article. Let's look at her quote. "We have to make up our minds. Either we want to have segregation or integration, and if we don't want segregation, then we have to get rid of channels like BET and the BET Awards and the Image Awards, where you're only awarded if you're black," Dash said. "If it were the other way around, we would be up in arms. It's a double standard." "where you're only awarded if you're black" - Not true. I watch the BET Awards and it's not a requirement to be a black person to be nominated or to be on BET. JT and Robin Thicke have both been nominated recently. So there's 2 without even having to do any research. She knows this but is being dishonest to cement her credibility as a "rational negro" for Fox News. She also said something about not having "Black History Month." Has she not read US history books used in classrooms? She's a fraud.
January 22, 201610 yr Let's look at her quote. "We have to make up our minds. Either we want to have segregation or integration, and if we don't want segregation, then we have to get rid of channels like BET and the BET Awards and the Image Awards, where you're only awarded if you're black," Dash said. "If it were the other way around, we would be up in arms. It's a double standard." "where you're only awarded if you're black" - Not true. I watch the BET Awards and it's not a requirement to be a black person to be nominated or to be on BET. JT and Robin Thicke have both been nominated recently. So there's 2 without even having to do any research. She knows this but is being dishonest to cement her credibility as a "rational negro" for Fox News. She also said something about not having "Black History Month." Has she not read US history books used in classrooms? She's a fraud. Got it. I think her big idea is correct though, we do need more integration rather than segregation and there is a double standard that while it's understandable it does detract from the goal of bringing people together.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.