Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Stacey Dash, is she right?

Featured Replies

I'd rather look at Stacey Dash, then have to listen to her.

 

stacy_dash9_jpg.jpg

  • Replies 43
  • Views 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Got it.

 

I think her big idea is correct though, we do need more integration rather than segregation and there is a double standard that while it's understandable it does detract from the goal of bringing people together.

 

If integration was a realistic goal then there wouldn't be a need for Black History Month or BET. There is no true goal to bring people together. People lives their lives and react. Nobody is trying to bring anyone together. That's a falsehood.

If integration was a realistic goal then there wouldn't be a need for Black History Month or BET. There is no true goal to bring people together. People lives their lives and react. Nobody is trying to bring anyone together. That's a falsehood.

 

I disagree, I think the goal, or maybe hope is the better word, of the great majority is to bring people together. I do agree that no one is really trying to make it happen and very few people even give it conscious thought. It is not something that realistically will happen in our lifetmes, nor our children's or grandchildren's. It will take many more generations.

I had to Google to find out who she was. I'd never heard of her before this incident. She is easy on the eyes.

 

Tell me, why should I care what she's says or thinks?

So you were clueless??

 

By the way, that was a fluffy, silly movie but I liked it. She did the California Valley Girl to perfection.

And before I forget.....as long as folks like Macklemore and Iggy Azalea are winning awards in hip hop/rap categories in mainstream awards shows then there will always be BET Awards shows. :lol2:

She was also in a few other movies. Most notably the Richard Pryor movie; MOVING. Funny stuff right there.

As far as her comments I think some of it is right on track. Some stuff I think she just worded wrong. ( i do that often). And then maybe she is just a fruitloop like some other female associated with fox!

If integration was a realistic goal then there wouldn't be a need for Black History Month or BET. There is no true goal to bring people together. People lives their lives and react. Nobody is trying to bring anyone together. That's a falsehood.

 

Generally speaking, we segregate ourselves.

 

I'm not quoting any stats here cause I don't know any.

 

But don't most white people live around other white people? Don't most black people live around other black people?

 

White church. Black church.

 

Etc.

 

I don't know who this Dash girl is and don't claim to understand her point of view.

 

But I admit I wish we could reach a point where we were just Americans and not constantly divided into subgroups for political or other purposes. I'm arguing with myself here apparently. Do we choose to categorize ourselves into subgroups by where we live, who we vote for, where we go out to eat, etc?

 

(I added to my post after Clyde quoted it, just fyi)

Generally speaking, we segregate ourselves.

 

I'm not quoting any stats here cause I don't know any.

 

But don't most white people live around other white people? Don't most black people live around other black people?

 

White church. Black church.

 

Etc.

 

You are correct.

Generally speaking, we segregate ourselves.

 

I'm not quoting any stats here cause I don't know any.

 

But don't most white people live around other white people? Don't most black people live around other black people?

 

White church. Black church.

Etc.

 

I don't know who this Dash girl is and don't claim to understand her point of view.

 

But I admit I wish we could reach a point where we were just Americans and not constantly divided into subgroups for political or other purposes. I'm arguing with myself here apparently. Do we choose to categorize ourselves into subgroups by where we live, who we vote for, where we go out to eat, etc?

 

(I added to my post after Clyde quoted it, just fyi)

 

White folks often do it by choice. Black neighborhoods was what was left over back in the day, when they found out they weren't allowed to buy property in other parts of town (say, outside the West End in L'ville, as one example of many nationwide).

 

Black churches came about because they weren't allowed to go to the white church.

 

Over time, the separation reinforced itself.

Thanks Jim for clarifying that for me.

 

I wasn't thinking in historical terms really, just what seems to be true today.

Generally speaking, we segregate ourselves.

 

I'm not quoting any stats here cause I don't know any.

 

But don't most white people live around other white people? Don't most black people live around other black people?

 

White church. Black church.

 

Etc.

 

I don't know who this Dash girl is and don't claim to understand her point of view.

 

But I admit I wish we could reach a point where we were just Americans and not constantly divided into subgroups for political or other purposes. I'm arguing with myself here apparently. Do we choose to categorize ourselves into subgroups by where we live, who we vote for, where we go out to eat, etc?

 

(I added to my post after Clyde quoted it, just fyi)

 

White folks often do it by choice. Black neighborhoods was what was left over back in the day, when they found out they weren't allowed to buy property in other parts of town (say, outside the West End in L'ville, as one example of many nationwide).

 

Black churches came about because they weren't allowed to go to the white church.

 

Over time, the separation reinforced itself.

 

Truth and truth. And to add to it sometimes when blacks or whites break rank and integrate themselves they are ridiculed for it. Granted I don't agree with Stacey Dash or how she worded it for shock value but you see how she was ostracized by the black community for what she said. The same thing happens vice versa sometimes when someone white is sympathetic to the black community. In politics that is called trying to get the black vote/pandering.

On the voluntary segregation posts, which I agree with: On a personal level, I am glad I grew up when I did and where I did. Parents were not racist, no internet or cable, so I really don't remember being around racism. Thanks Mom and Dad. I would also like to say that I think sports were important. No segregation on Mayfield teams, which was decidedly not the case for a lot of the opponents when I played. So many lessons necessary for sports can be applied to life and I am very appreciative of the circumstances I grew up in and the adults who raised, taught, and coached me.

GO BIG RED

On the voluntary segregation posts, which I agree with: On a personal level, I am glad I grew up when I did and where I did. Parents were not racist, no internet or cable, so I really don't remember being around racism. Thanks Mom and Dad. I would also like to say that I think sports were important. No segregation on Mayfield teams, which was decidedly not the case for a lot of the opponents when I played. So many lessons necessary for sports can be applied to life and I am very appreciative of the circumstances I grew up in and the adults who raised, taught, and coached me.

GO BIG RED

 

I have a similar life experience as well.

 

And I grew up in BG so even saying GO BIG RED works for me also. :D

Being a white male married to a black women for 20 years now, I can say she is right to a point, integration is a must. You don't have to lose your identity with the race that you are. I think that's what people fear. Can't be a sellout right? In this day and age segregation is self inflicted for 99% of people. If you choose to live in a all black or all white world, you miss the interaction of what integration brings to the table. I've seen and experienced racism from family on both sides, others not so close. I get it but, those usually are the people who choose to live the segregated life. They are limited in their experiences. Oh well, that's their choice. The thing they don't get to experience is the openness, honesty, and love most people have for one another and can share. You can't be sensative and be my friend or live in my house. It's all fair game and never malicious. It's just open honesty and comedy. Sorry, we dont take our skin or our heritage so serious that we cant laugh at and love each other. I wish the rest of the world can get to the point of being a person first. That won't happen as long as being a color is more important than being a part of society as a whole. Only one world and it's getting smaller. We need to redefine what's important in life. Hint, it ain't hate.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.