Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengal Draft Needs

Featured Replies

I know we do not what free agents will leave but lets rank the Bengal draft needs because we are turning the page....

 

Need:

Center

Linebacker

Cornerback

Safety

 

Nice to Have:

Defensive Tackle

Kick Returner/WR/RB

Wide Receiver

Punter

 

Fairly Set:

QB

TE

DE

Bengals' No. 1 need is a solid running back. Hill's not the answer. If Elliott slides to the Bengals' spot in the first round, they need to take a close look at him. The Bengals also have a pressing need for LB with speed.

1. Linebacker

2. Linebacker

3. Linebacker

4. Linebacker

5. Best available secondary whether it be CB or safety

6. WR

 

In case you couldn't tell, I think the Bengals most glaring weakness is linebacker. Outside of Burfict they are god-awful. Don't draft a center, especially not in the first 2 rounds. You can pick up a good center in free agency.

Bengals' No. 1 need is a solid running back. Hill's not the answer. If Elliott slides to the Bengals' spot in the first round, they need to take a close look at him. The Bengals also have a pressing need for LB with speed.

Hill is fine. Needs to fix the fumbling issue. But the combo of him and Bernard is just fine.

Bengals' No. 1 need is a solid running back. Hill's not the answer. If Elliott slides to the Bengals' spot in the first round, they need to take a close look at him. The Bengals also have a pressing need for LB with speed.

 

Bengals need to sure up guard and center positions. Then the running game will be fine. A linebacker who can cover would be really nice.

Hill is fine. Needs to fix the fumbling issue. But the combo of him and Bernard is just fine.

No, Hill is not fine. He regressed significantly his sophomore season. He had 223 carries in '15 and 222 carries in '14.

In '14, Hill had 1,124 yards for 5.1 avg.

In '15, Hill had 794 yards for 3.6 avg.

Bernard is good as a complementary back, but we need much more out the other half of the tandem.

 

I definitely agree with you re: linebacker. I'd like to see us go LB-RB or RB-LB in the first two rounds of draft.

I agree with taking Elliott. I'm not a Hill fan.

Let's see who they lose to FA first. Really hard to know right now. If they lose Sanu and Marvin Jones to FA, they will need a WR, Iloka and Nelson at Safety. Etc.

I may consider trading Hill and getting what I can for him.

 

I would probably let Nelson and Pacman walk.

 

On offense then I think the needs would be Center and possibly RB. I would sign our own FA WRs and if I have any other concerns with the OL I may keep Andre Smith and we can always move Whit to guard with the thought in mind we drafted two Tackles last year.

 

On defense everything. We need another safety, a cover corner, two LBs, a stud DT, and help at DE. Who I take would depend on who is available and just how much I think of current backups like Shaw, Williams and Dawson.

 

If we have 10 draft choices I think 7 or so should be defensive picks.

 

I would also be looking hard in Free Agency to see if I could fill one or two needs there. For example, if we dump Leon Hall that gives us almost 10 million in CAP space so we have money to burn.

Let's see who they lose to FA first. Really hard to know right now. If they lose Sanu and Marvin Jones to FA, they will need a WR, Iloka and Nelson at Safety. Etc.

 

I agree we have to take this all one step at a time. Who they decide to let walk should tell us a lot about future plans.

Can they draft a coach?

1. Linebacker

2. Linebacker

3. Linebacker

4. Linebacker

5. Best available secondary whether it be CB or safety

6. WR

 

In case you couldn't tell, I think the Bengals most glaring weakness is linebacker. Outside of Burfict they are god-awful. Don't draft a center, especially not in the first 2 rounds. You can pick up a good center in free agency.

 

I don't see a linebacker being taken early at all. They signed Rey M. Back for a few years and he honestly had one of his best years. Tez is one of the best in the league. They have Vinny Rey who knows each spot and they are very big on Dawson who they drafted this year. I don't think the Bengals will agree with linebacker being a huge need.

As for Hill. Last off season people talked about how Tez is done, he will be lucky to play more than two games a year, he will never be the same. Well I think he shown as the year went on he is very close to as good as he once was.

 

Jeremy Hill is in same boat imo. He didn't do as well this year obviuosly. However his rookie year was not a fluke imo. I think we will see him back to as good as he was before next season. I wouldn't be surprised to hear him having knee surgery soon because he did hurt it early in the year and I think that bothered him more than we know. So rb is not a need imo.

The biggest needs imo is in the secondary especially safety since they will lose Nelson and maybe Adam Jones. Also the interior of the offensive line. Now as someone else mentioned we becomes a need if Jones or Sanu leave.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.