Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Before the public starts praising he Steelers for outclassing us...

Featured Replies

I'm so old, when I was a kid we only had the Browns. Yes I do listen to WLW, but like I said the spot was a little over the top. And I don't care, I like the big horse #7 and I'll probably catch some hell for it here. He wins.

 

He absolutely wins. That's indisputable. I'd take him in a minute. He's big, tough and it seems that he's grown up. And, he has two rings. I admire that.

 

With that said, I do not admire mindless honks, incapable of objectivity. The notion that you are somehow tougher, more knowledgable about football or a better person, because you have chosen and/or were born into fan interest of a franchise that is more successful than another, is ridiculous.

  • Replies 103
  • Views 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He absolutely wins. That's indisputable. I'd take him in a minute. He's big, tough and it seems that he's grown up. And, he has two rings. I admire that.

 

With that said, I do not admire mindless honks, incapable of objectivity. The notion that you are somehow tougher, more knowledgable about football or a better person, because you have chosen and/or were born into fan interest of a franchise that is more successful than another, is ridiculous.

I've said this to Ru on several occasions; had the Bengals had Ben for the last 5 years, they'd have made it to the big dance along the way. I can't be convinced otherwise.
I've said this to Ru on several occasions; had the Bengals had Ben for the last 5 years, they'd have made it to the big dance along the way. I can't be convinced otherwise.

 

While I appreciate the sentiment, you "gotta win with what you got". The Steelers certainly do.

 

The Bengals just haven't made it happen and it's very disappointing, especially given the talent on that roster.

PP1 ... could you tell me who is saying the Steelers "outclassed" the Bengals? On that front, there was a lack of class on both sides.

I've been watching the NFL longer than most of you are old, and never say Steelers and class in the same sentence. Last night was ugly but the Bengals will clean up their own act. The real problem is, the Steelers and the NFL hierarchy think they played with class and don't have a problem. Well folks, the Steelers have been NFL darlings and the Bengal's not worthy since before Paul Brown passed the leaving Cleveland city limits sign. Sorry Bengal fans, you'll never get any favors or fair calls from the NFL. Not being a sore loser, just the facts of life.

You know how that goes. NFL will promote this into the most heated rivalry in all of sports. It's a terrible cycle.

 

Yep.

As Al Davis said, Just win Baby. That's how men play in the NFL. If you want good clean-cut football, follow soccer or high school sports! If you want to win in the NFL, you do whatever it takes. Think Al Davis said that too.

 

A Steeler's Fan, quoting Al Davis? :idunno:

 

You must not be very old.

I've been watching the NFL longer than most of you are old, and never say Steelers and class in the same sentence. Last night was ugly but the Bengals will clean up their own act. The real problem is, the Steelers and the NFL hierarchy think they played with class and don't have a problem. Well folks, the Steelers have been NFL darlings and the Bengal's not worthy since before Paul Brown passed the leaving Cleveland city limits sign. Sorry Bengal fans, you'll never get any favors or fair calls from the NFL. Not being a sore loser, just the facts of life.

324177428_sour_grapes_make_the_best_whine.jpeg

I did talk to 5 or 6 Steelers fans on the way out of PBS last night that said PBS makes Heinz Field sound like church and that it was the loudest atmosphere they have ever been in and one of them had been to the Steelers game at Seattle so atleast we have that to be proud of.

 

Sure they did... :lol2:

My wine has gotten better with time. Look, I am just being realistic, I'm just glad when we make the playoffs. Because the powers that be make sure we get no farther. I was at the Palmer playoff game and watched the Steelers sideline players and coaches celebrating, made me nauseous and the NFL did nothing. So last night's loss was of no consequence in my life. The Brown family doesn't like to waste their money on postseason games and I don't waste mine on season tickets. . The almighty dollar rules with them.

I've been watching the NFL longer than most of you are old, and never say Steelers and class in the same sentence. Last night was ugly but the Bengals will clean up their own act. The real problem is, the Steelers and the NFL hierarchy think they played with class and don't have a problem. Well folks, the Steelers have been NFL darlings and the Bengal's not worthy since before Paul Brown passed the leaving Cleveland city limits sign. Sorry Bengal fans, you'll never get any favors or fair calls from the NFL. Not being a sore loser, just the facts of life.

 

:cry: :cry: :cry:

My wine has gotten better with time. Look, I am just being realistic, I'm just glad when we make the playoffs. Because the powers that be make sure we get no farther. So last night's loss was of no consequence in my life. The Brown family doesn't like to waste their money on postseason games. The almighty dollar rules with them.
So, with your vast NFL experience, you are trying to sell that the Brown family tanked a post season game on purpose?

 

Is this real life?:lol2:

Sure they did... :lol2:

I'm serious. But ok...

So, with your vast NFL experience, you are trying to sell that the Brown family tanked a post season game on purpose?

 

Is this real life?:lol2:[/quote

Just saying they are being realistic too. They don't like throwing good money after bad. They know how the NFL works. It's a joke.

So, with your vast NFL experience, you are trying to sell that the Brown family tanked a post season game on purpose?

 

Is this real life?:lol2:[/quote

Just saying they are being realistic too. They don't like throwing good money after bad. They know how the NFL works. It's a joke.

You've lost me. I can see no way that the Brown family played a role in the gaffe at PBS yesterday. None. You might even convince me that personnel decisions are at the crux of some perceived issue, but that game was a fluke that could have easily went the way of the Brown family. Then what would your narrative have been? Or are you gonna give me the "but it didn't" refrain?

But it didn't did it? Just saying there is way too much money to be made on sports games and I have my doubts much of it isn't cut and dried before the ink is dry on the ticket. May have some twists and turns for wins just to keep the fans interested. Yeah, I have always been a Bengal fan but it doesn't make or break my life. Go ahead and keep those rosy glasses on when it comes to any professional sports.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.