TCU Suspends QB Boykin

Clyde

Normally I would say you cant control what these guys do 24/7. However in this case this happened in the bowl city on the trip, there is no reason for any of the players to be "out at the bar" period, the staff (and im not saying coaches, but other athletics staff) should be watching them.

Just amazing that he would do this before a bowl game. Very selfish act for the leader of the team. Big red flag if I am thinking about drafting him. I hold QB's to a higher standard than other positions when it comes to this kind of stuff. Your QB has to be a leader on the team. Your middle linebacker or RB does not.

Normally I would say you cant control what these guys do 24/7. However in this case this happened in the bowl city on the trip, there is no reason for any of the players to be "out at the bar" period, the staff (and im not saying coaches, but other athletics staff) should be watching them.

You can't watch kids 24/7. What are you teaching them? Life lessons learned.

You can't watch kids 24/7. What are you teaching them? Life lessons learned.

I said as much but also why were they allowed to leave the hotel in the first place. You have control of these guys on trips like this. If yiu allow for free time this is what happens.

I said as much but also why were they allowed to leave the hotel in the first place. You have control of these guys on trips like this. If yiu allow for free time this is what happens.

They were not "allowed." They left after bed check.

They were not "allowed." They left after bed check.

My daughters elementary school has an annual 5th grade trip to Washington DC. They usually occupy just about an entire floor of the hotel that they stay at. The school hires a security guard to watch the hallway overnight so that none of the kids are able to leave the room (in addition to the adult that is staying in each room). Seems like maybe something that a major college such as TCU could afford to do. If not for the sake of the players themselves, seems like something a coach would want to do to avoid things like playing a bowl game without the starting QB, etc.