Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mercer County 71 Montgomery County 56

Featured Replies

Fitzgerald has always been the better player. IMO sometimes flashy gets confused with being better. I have watched them since they was 5-6 years old. Danny is a heck of a player too.

 

Completely agree. Both are very good. But Steven is consistent while Danny is much flashier.

  • Replies 31
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitzgerald has always been the better player. IMO sometimes flashy gets confused with being better. I have watched them since they was 5-6 years old. Danny is a heck of a player too.

 

I do agree there. I watched Southwestern 3 or 4 times last season and most of those times Danny had a better game than Steven did. Both are fantastic players.

When the bright lights go up this Montgomery team tries to win the game from 3 land. You can't win games against really good teams and live and die with the 3.

I've watched a lot of bball both high school and AAU and Faulkner is nice. He's got a great body...wingspan..long range shooting and can finish at the rim. If there is a better soph in the state I need to be convinced.

When the bright lights go up this Montgomery team tries to win the game from 3 land. You can't win games against really good teams and live and die with the 3.

I agree, but Montgomery was in the game until the last 4 minutes of the game. Mercer is bigger and much more athletic, the better won.

When the bright lights go up this Montgomery team tries to win the game from 3 land. You can't win games against really good teams and live and die with the 3.

 

I understand what you're saying but will have to disagree. If not for the three ball, they'd have never been in the game to start with. It's what they have and what they do. It's to their advantage to play that way IMO.

Mercer was up 46-43 after 3 and had its way with MoCo in the 4th.

 

Congrats to the Titans & also to Montgomery County for having a solid tournament.

good test for Montgomery and as you can see 28 3s is way to many to win any game if your not hitting. Good 3 quarter so they can build on that.

Faulkner is a Great kid to boot!

Edited by Blake1978j
Left out content

Talk to us when they play a top 20 team

Talk to us when they play a top 20 team

 

Hey, the schedule is what it is. All they can do is take care of business with the teams they're playing in a way you'd expect a top 5 team to do, and they have done so in 13/14 games. The lone exception was Madison Central where they had to claw back to win. They've played 3 regional favorites and won all 3 games.

 

They played Bullitt East twice this past summer, as well as Owen County, Bryan Station, Southwest, Lafayette and Henry Clay. They won each of those games. I know, I know, it's "only summer ball," but an irrelevant team couldn't do that. Oh, and then there was the pre-season scrimmage at Trinity. I'm confident that if you asked their coach he would say Mercer is legit.

 

I don't mention these for any other reason than to illustrate the fact that it's silly for you to act like they are only winning because of their schedule. Looking at your posts, it's obvious that you're a fan of one of those teams mentioned above so I'm confident that you already know this.

I've watched a lot of bball both high school and AAU and Faulkner is nice. He's got a great body...wingspan..long range shooting and can finish at the rim. If there is a better soph in the state I need to be convinced.

 

I would include Corbin's Andrew Taylor in the mix....kid can flat-out ball

All I'm saying is come March this weak schedule will bite them. In order to be the best you must play the best.

The schedule is just fine. They aren't playing cupcakes. They will be just fine in March.

Mercer County has had a soft schedule to date. There is no denying that. For what they want to accomplish their schedule to date isn't doing them any favors. At the same time there isn't any doubt in my mind that they are easily a top 5 team in the state. They have size, athleticism, fundamental skills, depth and good coaching. They can compete with any team in the state and should defeat 99% of the teams in the state. They can be defeated by the proper team and coach and they will have a tougher time winning the 12th Region than they will making it to the Sweet 16 semifinals if they win the 12th Region. They will face their worst fears in the region tournament and we will all see how they respond then. Luckily for them barring weather they will see all of the top teams of the 12th Region before March. We'll find out what they are made of soon. Their district will not test them in the slightest at all. They will see Wayne County, Pulaski County and Southwestern before March. Those are all considered top 5 teams in the 12th Region. We'll see what happens then.

^^^^

Pp92 that's a fair post. Outside of the (6,7,11) regions there are a lot of very average regions. The tenth is much like the rest of the state. Several teams could win the region but few if any could actually beat a top 5 team.

 

With right draw I think you could see some very average teams make it to the semifinals. If the 6,7,11 and 12 draw on the same side someone on the other will have a fairytale run to the finals.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.