Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mercer County 71 Montgomery County 56

Featured Replies

  • Replies 31
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Mercer was up 46-43 after 3 and had its way with MoCo in the 4th.

 

Congrats to the Titans & also to Montgomery County for having a solid tournament.

Mercer Co. 71

Montgomery Co. 56

Mercer Co. 16 16 14 25 71

Montgomery Co. 13 13 17 13 56

Mercer Co. -- Souder 3, Dow 16, Faulkner 28, James 14, Hager 8, Mink 2.

Montgomery Co. -- Canada 15, Fuller 8, Parsley 10, Walker 11, Jones 9, Combs 3.

 

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/sports/high-school/prep-basketball/article44452098.html?appSession=54434180484885846504980987747288509424188479592981841848827453604843335448142284453493505848349805383324684774233634003896089448&RecordID=24220&PageID=8&PrevPageID=2&cpipage=1&CPIsortType=&CPIorderBy=&cbCurrentRecordPosition=13&Mod0LinkToDetails=True#storylink=cpy

I'm baking my crow now so I can't typ a lot.

 

Mercer was clearly better. They take their time, and don't get rattled easy. Very well coached bunch.

 

Faulkner basically had his way with the moco defenders when he wanted. Dow dominanted the glass and Hager controls the tempo. Nice squad!!!

 

Moco will only get better from this game. They took 28 threes which is way to many to win games like this. Mercer's defense took Moco out of a lot of their offence they had been getting inside the arch.

 

Solid effort by the tribe.

Faulkner is legit a soph I believe. He took over the game in the 4th...Moco guards couldn't stay in front of him. Good showing for MOCO despite the margin of victory for Mercer Co.

Don't understand y Moco doesn't do pick n rolls or pick n pop w Jerryd Jones...he doesn't get enough touches for them...clearly the most athletic player on the squad.

I'll say it AGAIN, Faulkner is the best Sophomore in the state. And top 15 in the entire state. All classes!

I'll say it AGAIN, Faulkner is the best Sophomore in the state. And top 15 in the entire state. All classes!

 

I can get behind this. :thumb:

Throw in Gage Hughes from Greenup County as a top Sophomore well. Haven't seen Faulkener play yet but from hearing the media and reports on here it does seem he's the top dog as far as sophomores go.

I like Faulkner but to me Steven Fitzgerald is the better all around player in that class but I have no problem with people thinking Faulkner. Both are really good.

I will go back to quotes I made on here a year (+) ago. I said that Treyvon would end up as one of the all-time greats to come out of the 12th region, but people said that was foolish.

 

I've seen a LOT of basketball over the years, including both AAU and high school. I recognize and understand talent. He will at least be the best that I've ever seen in the 12th, though I haven't by any means seen all players over the years. And, IMO he will be every bit as good as any kid in the KY classes of 2015 & 2016,.

 

As far as the KY class of 2018, there are a few kids I haven't seen. But, for those that I have seen, Treyvon is easily the best. I don't think some folks realize just how good he is now.

 

I know this will draw a lot of negative comments, much like my posts did 12-18 months ago. My rebuttal, in advance, is just wait and see.

Back to the team.....

 

So they have Faulkner at the 2. They have Hager at the 1. They have James at the 3. They have Dow at the 4. Then they have Mink. Off the bench, they have Davis, Baughman, Souder, and Dunning, all kids that would start for many other 12th region teams.

 

This is why I'm excited about this team's ceiling.

I like Faulkner but to me Steven Fitzgerald is the better all around player in that class but I have no problem with people thinking Faulkner. Both are really good.

 

Having seen both of them this year I have to go with Faulkner but I am extremely impressed with how much Fitzgerald has improved over the past season. Last year I used to think Butt was better but I don't feel that way anymore. Fitzgerald has gotten much better and is way more consistent now. Like Fitzgerald, Faulkner has gotten much better also. First said that people don't realize just how good Faulkner is. I don't think Trevon is even realizing just how good he is.

Fitzgerald has always been the better player. IMO sometimes flashy gets confused with being better. I have watched them since they was 5-6 years old. Danny is a heck of a player too.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.