Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lloyd Memorial 71 Boone County 34

Featured Replies

Lloyd 71 Boone Co 34

Sounds unbelievable to speculate - but a 2 or 3 win season for the Rebels?

  • Author

They are having a down year for sure

I knew that they've been having troubles, but WOW! :eek:

 

This would be the year that I would like to have seen Covington Latin have Boone on their schedule.

Actually, this is the year Boone wishes they had Latin School on their schedule... and Heritage, and Silver Grove, and ...

Simply unfathomable. Sad really, I loved the 80's and 90's when Boone was always a monster and that airplane hanger was rocking on Hwy 18.

Boone was solid last year, graduated a lot. It happens. They will get a W today against the Austrailian team, or Thursday against Ludlow. They do not need to play Cov Latin to get a win. They are down this year, but judging them on this season while ignoring all their previous years of success (even just last year) to say the program is "sad" is not necessary.

Boone was solid last year, graduated a lot. It happens. They will get a W today against the Austrailian team, or Thursday against Ludlow. They do not need to play Cov Latin to get a win. They are down this year, but judging them on this season while ignoring all their previous years of success (even just last year) to say the program is "sad" is not necessary.

 

Sal, I did NOT say the program is "sad", I said it is sad that Boone is this bad. I hate seeing them fall so far. Combine it with a long drought in football, and thinking that this is just an aberration for Boone in hoops seems naïve to me. I most assuredly didn't call the program "sad", I cheer Boone, have had hundreds of friends and their kids go there, have had friends on staff, and I've always thought NKY H.S. sports is more fun when the baby blue and the Rebel Brigade were hopping.

So it's Lloyd vs Holmes and Conner vs Dixie tonight, correct?

 

What time is the first game?

So it's Lloyd vs Holmes and Conner vs Dixie tonight, correct?

 

What time is the first game?

 

I know Holmes and Lloyd is 7 pm.

Would there be any question of McQueary on the chopping block after this season? I see Boone Co. Losing some 50/50 games that they shouldn't. There stat lines show lack of scorers.

 

Can anyone attest to their basketball players abilities?

 

They've had much success with him over the last 10 seasons, what would be the reason for their down year!

 

Is the 9th that much better and timing is everything? Numbers coming out for Bball? Talent level down?

 

McQueary more than likely knows how to coach having that much time at Boone. I'm wondering if basketball commitment has taken a backseat to other extraneous circumstances ei. Football/transfers/personal issues?

 

Doesn't seem like the Boone Co program from the past.

 

Every coach/team is entitled to a horrible season, but 0 for 9 seems a little uncharacteristic even if their schedule of opponents early is tough.

 

I'm praying for a strong closing for the Rebels. Just didn't know if anyone knew more.....

Would there be any question of McQueary on the chopping block after this season? I see Boone Co. Losing some 50/50 games that they shouldn't. There stat lines show lack of scorers.

 

Can anyone attest to their basketball players abilities?

 

They've had much success with him over the last 10 seasons, what would be the reason for their down year!

 

Is the 9th that much better and timing is everything? Numbers coming out for Bball? Talent level down?

 

McQueary more than likely knows how to coach having that much time at Boone. I'm wondering if basketball commitment has taken a backseat to other extraneous circumstances ei. Football/transfers/personal issues?

 

Doesn't seem like the Boone Co program from the past.

 

Every coach/team is entitled to a horrible season, but 0 for 9 seems a little uncharacteristic even if their schedule of opponents early is tough.

 

I'm praying for a strong closing for the Rebels. Just didn't know if anyone knew more.....

 

If anyone is a serious athlete Boone County has to be down the list on schools you would want to attend.

If anyone is a serious athlete Boone County has to be down the list on schools you would want to attend.

 

Limited options if you live in district.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.