Lloyd Memorial 71 Boone County 34

Would there be any question of McQueary on the chopping block after this season? I see Boone Co. Losing some 50/50 games that they shouldn't. There stat lines show lack of scorers.

Can anyone attest to their basketball players abilities?

They've had much success with him over the last 10 seasons, what would be the reason for their down year!

Is the 9th that much better and timing is everything? Numbers coming out for Bball? Talent level down?

McQueary more than likely knows how to coach having that much time at Boone. I'm wondering if basketball commitment has taken a backseat to other extraneous circumstances ei. Football/transfers/personal issues?

Doesn't seem like the Boone Co program from the past.

Every coach/team is entitled to a horrible season, but 0 for 9 seems a little uncharacteristic even if their schedule of opponents early is tough.

I'm praying for a strong closing for the Rebels. Just didn't know if anyone knew more.....

It's certainly not coaching. Coach McQ has proven to everyone he can coach.

This is simply about talent and experience. They had a strong class graduate and took all of the experience with it. They returned about 8 PPG this year. TOTAL.

These kids were all JV kids last year on a JV team that frankly wasn't overly talented. Played hard and were coached hard but scoring was not a strength.

Tough year in Florence but Coach McQ isn't on any hot seat/chopping block.

It's certainly not coaching. Coach McQ has proven to everyone he can coach.

This is simply about talent and experience. They had a strong class graduate and took all of the experience with it. They returned about 8 PPG this year. TOTAL.

These kids were all JV kids last year on a JV team that frankly wasn't overly talented. Played hard and were coached hard but scoring was not a strength.

Tough year in Florence but Coach McQ isn't on any hot seat/chopping block.

I agree on the players that they graduated last year is hard to replace, but every team , every season graduates players. The real issue why they are down is that they lost players/experience who should be carrying the team this season. Why did a mass of kids leave the program before last season leaving the coach to pick up kids who was cut the year before ? I know you have kids who decide to give up sports, but almost a whole bench? Is that a coaching issue / Boone issue ? I have heard several left due to conflicts with coaching, some left for other sports ?

I would add a talented group of players can make a coach's job easier, When a team is down is the true test of a coach.

Good luck to the Rebels !!!!!

I would agree with hoops5, Lloyd plays hard and I can see them getting better each game.

All this talk about Boone when Lloyd got the win? How about Lloyd is playing really well this year? They have some talented boys. They are scrappy and they hustle.

Props to the Juggs! Hope they continue to have a nice season.

Lloyd plays extremely hard and is a much better team than their record indicates, a fun group of kids to watch play, good luck the rest of the season Juggs!

I agree on the players that they graduated last year is hard to replace, but every team , every season graduates players. The real issue why they are down is that they lost players/experience who should be carrying the team this season. Why did a mass of kids leave the program before last season leaving the coach to pick up kids who was cut the year before ? I know you have kids who decide to give up sports, but almost a whole bench? Is that a coaching issue / Boone issue ? I have heard several left due to conflicts with coaching, some left for other sports ?

I would add a talented group of players can make a coach's job easier, When a team is down is the true test of a coach.

Good luck to the Rebels !!!!!

I would agree with hoops5, Lloyd plays hard and I can see them getting better each game.

Something tells me that as a Boone guy your post is a bit more personal than you're saying.

Something tells me that as a Boone guy your post is a bit more personal than you're saying.
Being a friend of Boone parents doesn't make me a Boone guy but I do hear the gripes. Even the winning teams of the past several years had issues but you will have that. Just stating facts and asking questions. It seems you know pretty much about Boone. Where is the seniors and juniors who should be leading this young group this season ? Seems like a big hole from last years team and basically a sophomore varsity team.

High school Bball is never about the parents. It's baffling how ignorant parents are about the true game of basketball. Just the other day I took a game in where a coach was emphasizing production and execution and at halftime parents were at the concessions gripiing about how stupid the coach is for running this or that, I was thinking heck lady they can't beat a lot of teams playing the way your suggesting why not initiate these actions vs opponents you can do that to? Sick of hearing them. They need to be silent supporters for their kids and cheer for every child. Some parents do and some do not.