Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Denver 20 Cincinnati 17 OT

Featured Replies

Curious do you think if any other player gets the penalty tez gets is a flag thrown

 

I thought that was a flag that got thrown on the back of his reputation. He was still fighting for the ball as they went out of bounds, but it was hardly egregious and I don't think another player would have drawn the penalty there.

  • Replies 155
  • Views 20.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
McCarron absolutely crapped himself in OT. Such a total Bengals way to lose.

 

Really it was the entire second half...just bad.

 

He has to catch that snap, no excuse for that even if the snap happened before he was ready. With that said he played well. Some of the throws he completed weren't like the guys were wide open, Broncos had good coverage and he put the ball in places only his guys could catch it and they did a good job catching it.

 

Now in the second half, Hue doesn't seem like a guy who likes playing conservative. So I have to think the conservative play calls in the second half came from Marvin. I'm sure be was in Hues ear saying let's not take many chances, let's trust the defense. The Bengals had no rhythm in the second half.

 

Also you hit the nail on he head when you said the game turned on Nugents miss. All the momentum changed after that. He is a kicker you can't count on.

Gruden kept talking about the big adjustment for Denver defensively, how about the adjustment away from what was working for Hue? How many second and third and longs did we have in the 2nd half? Run the ball on 1st down and gain 3 and 4 yards and give AJ a 2nd and manageable and you have a multitude of options. Instead they would have 2nd in long and Denver would send everyone and the o line couldn't handle it. Loss is on Hue and Marvin. AJ played very well besides the snap obviously. AJ is better now than AD was his first season. But with that said this teams only chance is with Andy Dalton.

 

With Dalton they probably don't get conservative in the second half. I mean. I get them wanting to protect McCarron but he has shown he can make all the throws. Bengals have to realize like it or not he is their qb and they need to trust he can get it done. Can't play conservative like the did in second half and win agaisnt good teams.

All correct, also... Seemed like AJ was having trouble in the first half adjusting to the altitude on his deep throws... Overthrowing several...

 

But in second half, he adjusted and had Green for a TD if he'd just kept running. This is my biggest problem with Green and he's hurt AD for years quitting on routes too. He was being held... So what Green?!! Man up, and keep running.... That was a money throw!

I know Marvin is the head coach, but he is a defensive guy. With the credibility Hue Jackson has in this league, I wouldn't believe Marvin would overruling him.

With Dalton they probably don't get conservative in the second half. I mean. I get them wanting to protect McCarron but he has shown he can make all the throws. Bengals have to realize like it or not he is their qb and they need to trust he can get it done. Can't play conservative like the did in second half and win agaisnt good teams.

 

They gotta take the chains off McCarron... He will be the QB in the playoffs in all likelihood.... Even if AD is back, no way he's 100% and you might have to turn it over to AJ anyway at some point.

With Dalton they probably don't get conservative in the second halfI mean. I get them wanting to protect McCarron but he has shown he can make all the throws. Bengals have to realize like it or not he is their qb and they need to trust he can get it done. Can't play conservative like the did in second half and win agaisnt good teams.

We'll never know, but I disagree. I think this game plan was the same gameplan Andy would have gotten. I think Hue was scared of the Denver defense and didn't trust his O line.

I know Marvin is the head coach, but he is a defensive guy. With the credibility Hue Jackson has in this league, I wouldn't believe Marvin would overruling him.

 

Good point but Marvin has shown through his whole time here that he rather play conservative, not take chances, don't turn the ball over and play good defensive. He is a defensive coach and their mind set is win the field goal position don't put defense in bad spots.

 

So far the last two weeks we have seen the same thing. Bengals get a lead in first half, second half Bengals go conservative. I think Marvin being hired back is the main reason Palmer left because of that approach.

We'll never know, but I disagree. I think this game plan was the same gameplan Andy would have gotten. I think Hue was scared of the Denver defense and didn't trust his O line.

 

The Oline does suck... I hope the kid they drafted will be healthy enough to replace Smith next year. He got schooled a lot tonight.

We'll never know, but I disagree. I think this game plan was the same gameplan Andy would have gotten. I think Hue was scared of the Denver defense and didn't trust his O line.

 

If he was scared of the defense he wouldnt have been so open with the play calling in first half and so different in second half.

 

I think with Dalton Marvin is more willing to trust him.

Come on guys, it's not like the first time Marvin & his team got conservative with a moderate lead? He's never learned to "keep the pedal to the metal", and it's cost him repeatedly. IMO--They can't get too far ahead, no matter what their defensive stats say.

If he was scared of the defense he wouldnt have been so open with the play calling in first half and so different in second half.

 

I think with Dalton Marvin is more willing to trust him.

 

Big thing with Dalton is I think he has a lot more freedom to change and/or call his own plays...

Several times tonight I wished they would've called plays that allowed McCarron a run/pass option... Maybe they did and he didn't make the right check. Who knows?

I thought that was a flag that got thrown on the back of his reputation. He was still fighting for the ball as they went out of bounds, but it was hardly egregious and I don't think another player would have drawn the penalty there.

 

Agreed I thought the same thing

The Oline does suck... I hope the kid they drafted will be healthy enough to replace Smith next year. He got schooled a lot tonight.

 

 

Smith was an overweight underachiever coming out of college, and the Bengals thought they could outsmart the rest of the league, as they've done repeatedly. Guessing they now don't want to admit their mistake, but agree he's got to be replaced.

Honestly the Bengals jumping out 14-0 might have been their downfall. No way Marvin and Hue expected that to happen. They completely changed their gameplan because something happened that they didn't expect. It's like they were shocked that they were capable of doing what they were doing.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.