Official BGP Gift Giving Guide

hoops5

I don't care. It was just an opinion that you and a few others can't seem to live with. Why do you care what my opinion is? What's important about my opinion to you that it gets your feathers all ruffled? Am I not allowed to have an opinion all of a sudden or is it just I can't have an opinion that is different from yours?

***sigh***

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And police, fireman, armed forces, do you appreciate what they do for you? Do you give them gifts?

Well, they don't show up at my door on a daily or weekly basis. I've never had a fireman to any house I've lived in, and only once have the police been called to my house. And when they came (because I called them) they told me there was nothing they could do.

Well, they don't show up at my door on a daily or weekly basis. I've never had a fireman to any house I've lived in, and only once have the police been called to my house. And when they came (because I called them) they told me there was nothing they could do.

Doesn't change the fact that what they do, you know putting their life on the line and all, is much more important. If you really care you should get them a gift.

Doesn't change the fact that what they do, you know putting their life on the line and all, is much more important. If you really care you should get them a gift.

In the end, we all give based on our own reasons. What those are, are personal to each person making the gift. It's not that I don't care about policemen, and the service men and the fireman, etc. It's that the gifts I give are to people who I encounter frequently who do things for me. But, garbage collectors, in particular, do a great service and I appreciate it, and I want to give them a token of my appreciation. That's all. I don't think they are any more worthy or unworthy than any other people in any other professions. But these guys and gals impact me on a weekly basis in a positive way. I want them to know I appreciate it. I can't give to everyone, obviously. But I can give to a handful of people who perform services for me that I appreciate.

Giving gifts to teachers should be an automatic for any parent IMO, it doesn't have to be anything special. My mom used to make loaves of banana-nut bread that I would bring to my teachers growing up. It just the thought that counts.

Decided I'm going to do baked goods for the teachers.

The school nurse will also get a gift card as she has become my new BFF with the daily care she gives my son.

Because you earned it? That's a completely different situation. A bonus is generally given because you've been evaluated on your work. I don't know about you but I'm generally not around to evaluate my garbage collectors nor am I their boss. Perhaps they get bonuses?

So they keep quiet about those carcasses that were in your trash?