Class 1A State Championship: Pikeville 42 Beechwood 28

theguru

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Relax, Pikeville faithful. You took me all wrong. I checked out Pugh's recruiting buzz because I think he is one heck of a player. When his bio said he was 19 I starting thinking about BW's youngest player who is one year removed from the 8th grade and knowing that he never saw a specimen like #45 at that level. I thought it was an interesting comparison so please do not accuse me of throwing shade or trying to stir things up. We have enough of that up here in NKY. Pikeville has a fine program and great fans and has my respect. Leave it at that.

Relax, Pikeville faithful. You took me all wrong. I checked out Pugh's recruiting buzz because I think he is one heck of a player. When his bio said he was 19 I starting thinking about BW's youngest player who is one year removed from the 8th grade and knowing that he never saw a specimen like #45 at that level. I thought it was an interesting comparison so please do not accuse me of throwing shade or trying to stir things up. We have enough of that up here in NKY. Pikeville has a fine program and great fans and has my respect. Leave it at that.

So y'all don't play anyone like Pugh up there? I KNEW it! Beechwood plays a weak schedule! Lol. Just kidding.

Don't discount your own stud. Seriously, I have not seen many backs as good as him statewide in recent years. Rare combo of size, power and speed.

;)

Never. I agree. It's been a pleasure watching the youngster ever since his junior high days. As well as many of his teammates. I'm just thrilled my young son was able to play with them this year and be around them and learn how to carry himself on the field, because they were great role models for him and the rest of the team.

Never. I agree. It's been a pleasure watching the youngster ever since his junior high days. As well as many of his teammates. I'm just thrilled my young son was able to play with them this year and be around them and learn how to carry himself on the field, because they were great role models for him and the rest of the team.

Youngster? He was driving to middle school games!

Youngster? He was driving to middle school games!

No, he wasn't. Nice try at getting a little heated back and forth going though. Would have been turning 16 just over halfway through his freshman season of high school.

And anyway, he is a youngster compared to ME. That's why I referred to him as such.

How many Beechwood kids are 19?

You won't get an answer on that one from the Beechies here. Probably because it's not a can of worms they want to open. Anyone here have access to the rosters with ages? I don't want DOBs posted here, but ages would be interesting I bet. I would look but have no idea where to find it

You won't get an answer on that one from the Beechies here. Probably because it's not a can of worms they want to open. Anyone here have access to the rosters with ages? I don't want DOBs posted here, but ages would be interesting I bet. I would look but have no idea where to find it

Actually ... the "Beechies" could care less ... and there is no fear of opening any can of worms.

None are sniffing 19 ...

Matter of fact ... many of the seniors are still 17.

From there .... it had no impact on the game.

Pikeville won ... fair and square.

Great summary.....thought the first half great interception and momentum changer was by Castleman and was caused by Pikeville getting a little greedy when the logical play was to give it to Pugh and let the half end 14-0. Hats off to BW staff for having the boys prepared for this and for #32 making a GREAT play.

BW was overpowered by Pikeville's line play most of the night. Pugh is tougher and faster than I imagined. BW forced into one dimensional game which was predictably tough. Pikeville's pass defense was as tough as anticipated and forced BW into a non-vertical game.

Pikeville was the real deal and a worthy State Champion. Stringer would have made a huge difference!

Sorry for being slow to follow up on here. I haven't been on here much since football ended. I want to make sure to correct for the record that the interception mentioned above was accurately reported in my game summary. It was Elijah McKenney who made that great INT for Beechwood late in the first half.