Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Prestonsburg put on probation by KHSAA

Featured Replies

The person who did the wrongful acts was a member of the Prestonsburg coaching staff.

  • Replies 73
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please tell me you're joking.

 

:laugh:

 

I have a $5 bill that says nothing is done to the head coach of the program. That's where the buck stops isn't it? In this case, it's where it's swept under the rug.

 

Is Barber still an assistant? If he is, nothing will happen to him either.

Whether you are talking about this current violation, having to forfeit all wins two years ago, the hazing incident, and all the late hit penalites, it all falls on the head coach, he is the boss and evidently he has surrounded his self with the wrong people.

Heck, I'm glad to see that the people in control of the school reported the violation to the KHSAA. You have to respect the people who want to play by the rules no matter who is involved. IMO Prestonsburg will be better off in the long run because of this probation.

I agree with ya all the way on this one.

I would like to hear from OneIJoe. He is a well respected Prestonsburg fan, and an ardent John Derrossett supporter.

 

Also, I would like to add another undesireable to the above mentioned laundry list of Pburg football. Last season Prestonsburg beat Maggoffin Co. 83-12.

 

I'm sure there are some good kids in that program, but something needs to be done at the top.

I would like to hear from OneIJoe. He is a well respected Prestonsburg fan, and an ardent John Derrossett supporter.

 

Also, I would like to add another undesireable to the above mentioned laundry list of Pburg football. Last season Prestonsburg beat Maggoffin Co. 83-12.

 

I'm sure there are some good kids in that program, but something needs to be done at the top.

 

OK, Cam. :irked: You, apparently, enjoy coming in and kicking someone while they're down, as this has nothing to do with the thread. But, since you've brought it up, you failed to mention that, while correct about the score, Coach Derossett cleared his bench with everyone eligible to play in that game and I'm sure he welcomed, as usual, some all-important playing time for his younger players. I'm also sure that he was pleasantly surprised with their contributions. Should he instruct his younger players to take the field and not play the game? Or use this time to assess their progress while getting them some invaluable game experience, all the while avoiding injury? Some programs are able to enjoy playing time for their younger players on a regular basis, as this was. They simply enjoyed an unusual amount of success that night. Simple as that. :eek:

 

And, since you're intent on deviating from the thread, not to mention your own statement attacking Coach Derossett, since he's the one at the top, you state that only some good kids are in the present program. All of the kids in the program are good kids, both the veteran players and the incoming class! And this shouldn't disappoint you, as much as you dislike the program. :thumb:

My only comment on this development is that I am sorry that the coming juniors and seniors will have to suffer for that which they had nothing to do with. We had some great battles with Pburg in the early 90's. Class program regardless of this situation.

OK, Cam. :irked: You, apparently, enjoy coming in and kicking someone while they're down, as this has nothing to do with the thread. But, since you've brought it up, you failed to mention that, while correct about the score, Coach Derossett cleared his bench with everyone eligible to play in that game...

And maybe even a couple that were not.:rolleyes:

Nice shot at Belfry, but you, The Lex Herald, P-Burg, and about 5,000 other people/schools have looked deep, deep, into it and found nothing..........

 

In case you haven't noticed, Kentucky is bordered by 7 states with alot of High Schools on the border.

Now as for the P'Burg situation, it goes on in public schools all over this state and country. Kudos to Prestonburg officials for turning it over to KHSAA and now that it is closed they will move on and continue to a strong program.

Now as for the P'Burg situation, it goes on in public schools all over this state and country.

This can't possibly be true, can it???:confused:

I just hate it for the kids that are playing...leave it to adults to mess everything up for the kids.

I just hate it for the kids that are playing...leave it to adults to mess everything up for the kids.

:thumb: I agree and I also know that p-Burg will recover, they have always had a top notch program.

O-Line. We will have to agree to disagree about the direction of the program. I just brought up the Magoffin Co. game because I think it is relevant here in that it further illustrates a lack of solid leadership at the top IMO. Clearly there is room to disagree as you have done.

 

As for my comment that "Im sure there are some good kids". I certainly didn't mean that to be taken as ONLY SOME good kids. I don't know each and every kid personally, so I wasn't about to say ALL of the kids are "good".

My only comment on this development is that I am sorry that the coming juniors and seniors will have to suffer for that which they had nothing to do with.

No one will suffer if PBurg keeps their nose clean....probation means nothing unless there is ANOTHER transgression.

I just hate it for the kids that are playing...leave it to adults to mess everything up for the kids.

 

The good thing about being kids, Pal, is that they tend not to run in the same circles as the adults. And their focus is mostly immediate which, therefore, won't keep them from enjoying the rewards of their hard work and dedication, week in and week out. While they realize it's not always a level playing field, they're still quite content letting adults deal with matters such as these. ;)

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.