Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Penalty for killing an LEO

Featured Replies

I'm hoping to keep the officer Ellis thread about the officer and his family and friends.

 

I am pro life all the way around, and cannot fully support any death penalty. However I am not apposed to some torture. But I am also kind of okay with the family of the victim deciding if they want the killer to be put to death or spend life in prison. To me death is too easy, too quick and they don't suffer. Some families may feel the same way and would want the killer to spend the rest of their life knowing they messed up and will never be free again. Just my opinion.

In circumstances like we have in Richmond, I'm all for the death penalty. That's all I'll say.

I could pull the lever on scum like this and sleep well that night.

There are times both LEO involved and non LEO that I think the DP is appropriate...this would be one of those cases.

In circumstances like we have in Richmond, I'm all for the death penalty. That's all I'll say.

 

Agreed to an extent. I feel it should be a lot less expensive than what it is though and not as drawn out. The fact that there is an AUTOMATIC appeals process in a death penalty trial is somewhat bothersome. If you have evidence, witnesses and a convicted person saying yes I did this then I feel an automatic appeals process is just a waste of time and tax dollars.

I could pull the lever on scum like this and sleep well that night.

 

I'd lose no sleep whatsoever.

Death penalty. Immediately if not sooner.

There are times both LEO involved and non LEO that I think the DP is appropriate...this would be one of those cases.

 

This.

Agreed to an extent. I feel it should be a lot less expensive than what it is though and not as drawn out. The fact that there is an AUTOMATIC appeals process in a death penalty trial is somewhat bothersome. If you have evidence, witnesses and a convicted person saying yes I did this then I feel an automatic appeals process is just a waste of time and tax dollars.

 

I can't decide whether I agree with you or not, but two reasons why it might have a place come to mind.

 

1. If the government is going to be ordering a killing, it should probably be extra certain.

2. Whether the judge or jury is determining the sentencing, the appellate process allows those individuals to avoid feeling entirely responsible for the decision when they go to bed for the rest of their lives.

I can't decide whether I agree with you or not, but two reasons why it might have a place come to mind.

 

1. If the government is going to be ordering a killing, it should probably be extra certain.

2. Whether the judge or jury is determining the sentencing, the appellate process allows those individuals to avoid feeling entirely responsible for the decision when they go to bed for the rest of their lives.

 

The judge nor jury did the crime they shouldn't feel any responsibility for another's actions. Your first point is irrelevant given the circumstances I gave.

 

Not knocking your stance that's just my feeling on this. I've had well over a decade to sort through it after taking a special topics Death Penalty CJ class in college.

I think the death penalty should be automatic in the murder of an LEO in the line of duty.

I say death sentence for killing a Virgo too!

All kidding aside, I'm a huge fan of the death sentence for murder. I think it would be a huge deterent for the murder of not just a LEO but of anyone. Not sure why we think the life of a LEO is any more valuable than anyone else. It's a career they choose which has a high risk invloved with it. I'm the first on here to stand up for them in a questionable situation because of the type of job they have chosen and the split second decisions they have to make. They protect and serve us and I can't say how much I appreciate what they do.

I'm hoping to keep the officer Ellis thread about the officer and his family and friends.

 

I am pro life all the way around, and cannot fully support any death penalty. However I am not apposed to some torture. But I am also kind of okay with the family of the victim deciding if they want the killer to be put to death or spend life in prison. To me death is too easy, too quick and they don't suffer. Some families may feel the same way and would want the killer to spend the rest of their life knowing they messed up and will never be free again. Just my opinion.

 

I'm sorry but that's just funny stuff right there! Let's not kill a person; just torture them until they wish they were dead.

I know most won't agree, but the occupation of the individual murdered shouldn't play a role in sentencing.

I say death sentence for killing a Virgo too!

All kidding aside, I'm a huge fan of the death sentence for murder. I think it would be a huge deterent for the murder of not just a LEO but of anyone. Not sure why we think the life of a LEO is any more valuable than anyone else. It's a career they choose which has a high risk invloved with it. I'm the first on here to stand up for them in a questionable situation because of the type of job they have chosen and the split second decisions they have to make. They protect and serve us and I can't say how much I appreciate what they do.

 

This. The life of a LEO is not more valuable than the life of a librarian or an accountant, or a mother of three.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.