Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Penalty for killing an LEO

Featured Replies

This. The life of a LEO is not more valuable than the life of a librarian or an accountant, or a mother of three.

 

The reason I say death sentence for a LEO murderer should be automatic is that anyone that will kill and LEO will kill anyone. I deal with criminals on a daily basis. Most agree that LEO killers are in a class by themselves.

The reason I say death sentence for a LEO murderer should be automatic is that anyone that will kill and LEO will kill anyone. I deal with criminals on a daily basis. Most agree that LEO killers are in a class by themselves.

 

I don't disagree, it takes a special kind of evil and crazy to kill a LEO, but I'm of the belief that anyone that will willingly and knowingly murder another (outside of very few instances), will kill anyone.

This. The life of a LEO is not more valuable than the life of a librarian or an accountant' date=' or a mother of three.[/quote']

 

Come on now software can replace accountants. Just kidding, point taken.

The reason I say death sentence for a LEO murderer should be automatic is that anyone that will kill and LEO will kill anyone. I deal with criminals on a daily basis. Most agree that LEO killers are in a class by themselves.

 

I'll also add I definitely get where you're coming from with this.

 

Originally I took the topic to mean the LEO's life is more valuable than others. Your post helps clarify a different aspect of it that I hadn't considered, and it's one that I think has some validity.

The case of the officer in Richmond is one where I'd instantly be in favor of the death penalty. However, I still think that in order to prevent a possible innocent person being executed it's best if we just have a blanket no death penalty. Allowing the death penalty in any case opens up a can of worms that could lead to the state executing an innocent.

Bring back the firing squad.

No, a police officers life isn't worth more than others. However, they do put themselves in harm's way to better their community and to arrest the people that every day people simply do not want to be around. Yes, they do it willingly. But that doesn't make it any less difficult or heroic when they die.

 

Take Detective Ellis for example. All reports I've seen say he was investigating an armed robbery. They also say the neighborhood where he was shot is awful. Most people wouldn't want to drive through that neighborhood most likely, let alone knock on a door then blindly walk into a house to search for an armed thug who might be hiding around the corner waiting to kill you. He was doing something to help someone else and gave his life for his community.

 

I absolutely think we should punish those who are willing to hurt them or kill our police as much as possible, and I have zero problem if murdering a police officer carries a greater penalty than a normal murder.

The case of the officer in Richmond is one where I'd instantly be in favor of the death penalty. However, I still think that in order to prevent a possible innocent person being executed it's best if we just have a blanket no death penalty. Allowing the death penalty in any case opens up a can of worms that could lead to the state executing an innocent.

 

We will agree to disagree then.

 

I am for the death penalty for any crime it is available for.

I get the human reaction to want the death penalty. Who knows how I would feel if it were my father , brother or friend.

 

But as a pro-life person I don't believe the government should be in the business of executing citizens.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.