Steelers say Bengals "aiming" to injure Bell

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a Bengals fan but I have watched the video of the hit several times today. It was a ferocious hit, but it didn't appear dirty at all. Burfict is reckless and that tackle was no different.

I haven't seen Burfict celebrate, either. The only angle I have seen clearly shows Burfict get up & start running, but there was nothing to indicate it was a celebration (again, from what I have seen).

Even if he was celebrating, they need to shut up. I don't see any of them complaining about Mike Mitchell acting a fool after he almost broke Jones in half with his hit.

It's football. Players make hits and celebrate them. There is no way Burfict, who just returned from a devastating knee injury, was celebrating tearing up a dudes knee. That's just dumb.

Nothing any Steeler player can ever say to make me feel sorry for them if they think Burfict celebrated after witnessing the worst case of un-sportsmanship I've ever witnessed and that is from the 2005 playoff game as Inwas sitting in the 2nd row of the endzone and when Carson went down they showed the replay on the big screen while Carson was still laying in the field. Larry Foote who was standing in the endzone no more than 20'feet from me watched the replay and when he saw Carson go down he started dancing and celebrating in the endzone. Was the most classless thing I've ever seen any athlete do.

So Steeler players, please excuse me if I don't shed an ounce of care to what you claim.

IMO It was dirty. I said that yesterday. Had him wrapped up and jumped on the back of his legs.

Disagree... It's called tackling and Burfict is one of the few players that actually knows how to do it... Wrap up and "agressively" bring the opponent down... Don't just lower your shoulder and bounce off a strong player who'll just shed you and gain more yards.

It was a great play and a clean play.

IMO It was dirty. I said that yesterday. Had him wrapped up and jumped on the back of his legs.

Well Bell didn't have his flag tucked into his belt so Burfict couldn't pull that so he had no choice but to tackle him.

Seriously?