Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tennessee 14 Kentucky 7

Featured Replies

Another random thought. Dunbar kicker Sean O'Brien was booming some punts in this game and had several 60+ field goals with the wind in warmups. The Racers may be getting steal here. Also, the winning TD was scored by Charlie Jordan of Memphis White Station, who is also Murray State bound.

 

I'm very glad they are both going to Murray State. Coach Griffin and his staff have really went out and got some players and we all hope it turns into BIG WINS for the Racers................LTW.

  • Replies 45
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree. Johnson has always looked a little heavy, and it has seemed to affect his conditioning at times.

 

I was up at the U.K. 7on7 camp last summer. Micha didn't look that bad off speed wise. Then again it's different when you put on the pad's and get after it. I'd say the Kentucky football staff will not have to big of a problem, getting his 40 time down. I still look for Johnson to be a force for Kentucky sooner then later.

Should of had Quentin Morgan from Leslie Co. Stayed in rifle most of the year.

 

15 D1's against 2 D1's. There was some real master motivating going on,huh! Next year maybe they'll choose some players and coaches who really want to be there.

I’m not stating that every player who is a stud on the smaller schools should be on this team but, I feel too many rimes that the power to be overlook those players. I think a big reason for this is those powers to be have no clue who that small school player is being he isn’t getting the attention that a player from a big powerhouse school does or a school that has a good history. This year it hurt Kentucky as the scoreboard showed.

:cry:

I’m not stating that every player who is a stud on the smaller schools should be on this team but, I feel too many rimes that the power to be overlook those players. I think a big reason for this is those powers to be have no clue who that small school player is being he isn’t getting the attention that a player from a big powerhouse school does or a school that has a good history. This year it hurt Kentucky as the scoreboard showed.

:cry:

 

:thumb: I agree ncf

Here in the Northeast corner of KY we had our usual contributon to this years effort - ZERO.

 

Last year was a shock (to me) when they "allowed" more than 1 area player to join the all-star team. They all contributed to the victory and represented themselves and our area well.

 

It's a hopeless argument and unfair to complain about why particular player(s) were not invited. There will ALWAYS be worthy kids overlooked and left off the team but your point is a valid one IMO in that a certain profile of player too frequently gets left off - or conversely we could argue a certain profile gets invited too often.

 

I am confident that we have players in our corner of the state who are worthy and capable of contributing to the team most every year. More importantly, I'm confident our area players overall would consider it an honor to participate and give 110%.

 

Woody Jr

Murray needs all the help they can get, they did not win an OVC game last year. Has that ever happend before?

Murray needs all the help they can get, they did not win an OVC game last year. Has that ever happend before?
If memory serves, not since sometime in the 1960s.
I think Kentucly in the future needs to go with three quarterbacks on their roster. I know Burke and Fidler opted out but there has to be a quarterback in a passing style offense that could have helped out. Fritz from Fleming or Woodward from Owensboro Catholic come to mind.

 

Tennessee may not have had many D-1 players on the roster but the three players that hurt Kentucky all night long are headed to JCs or a CC and that tells me they have D-1 talent but not D-1 grades.

 

What happened to Rod Johnson? Carried twice in the first half and was never heard from again. Warford was impressive but Kentucky's corps of RBs appeared waaaaay down this year.

 

Tennessee's two INTs came in the end zone so it actually could have been worse than it was.

 

When Johnson left the game with a cramp, Tennessee began running up the middle and picked up good chunks of yardage.

 

I still feel Kentucky stole the game last year against a team with a little more talent. Tennessee stole it right back this year.

 

One thing that concerns me is this. Tennessee had 13 or so top players opt out of the game for various reasons. Kentucky really needed to hammer Tennessee in this game to send a message and get the Tennessee people to get their best players for the game. With Friday's result, we may never see the best Tennessee players in this game ever again unless the date of the game changes.

Or Holbrook from Ashland? Why was he not invited I believe he wad 2nd team all state?

Or Holbrook from Ashland? Why was he not invited I believe he wad 2nd team all state?
If you're referring to the AP all-state team, that's probably because he got a couple of homer votes from the local media.
If you're referring to the AP all-state team, that's probably because he got a couple of homer votes from the local media.

 

Well thats a real classy comment about a youngster you probably dont squat about:madman:

 

Woody Jr

Calling it like I see it, Woody. I know nothing about the kid except that he is regarded as a fine high school quarterback. Knowing the voting process and the fact that he got more votes than Fidler is reason enough for me to suspect that what I said is true.

 

Were you around for the debate about the AP all-state team last December? The process has some flaws, in my opinion.

Calling it like I see it, Woody. I know nothing about the kid except that he is regarded as a fine high school quarterback. Yet the fact that he got more votes than Fidler is reason enough for me to suspect that what I said is true.

 

Were you around for the debate about the AP all-state team last December? The process has some flaws, in my opinion.

 

I'd suggest you can't call it - if you dont see it ...and you didnt see him.

"Suspect" all you want - that doesnt make it so. You dont know anything about the kid so there is no need to take a cheap shot like that.

I havent seen anyone from our area belittle any other player across the state that did make that all star team or any other select squad. I'd take Holbrook on ANY team and know that he would make the team a LOT better. Obviously from the MANY comments about the game, KY didnt have enough of that type player did they?? If thats the type of all star that they want - thats the type of all star they get. It's called getting what you deserve.

Maybe next year they will consider something besides the height, 40 time, and reputation. The again, they probably won't.

 

So we had a debate about the AP all star team? ...in addition to most every all start squad ever named - your point:confused:

You think an all-star team selected by one group is somehow more deserving than another?

 

Woody Jr

Simpson from Henry Clay and Diehl from NCC also come to mind.

 

Take the AP debate to another thread.

I am not going to say it again, next time I will suspend both of you.

Moving back to the game... I thought Wes McDermott (Louisville Holy Cross) had a very good game and probably the best cheering section in the stadium.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.