Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bluegrasspreps' Class 4A Rankings (10/26)

Featured Replies

And they block punts and return kicks for td's and that hides the offense a little

  • Replies 71
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So as long as everyone is in tip top shape, they have a decent offense. Gotcha, now I understand.

 

The biggest key is the QB. As long as he's healthy they do really good on offense but when he suffered with the sprained ankle they had little options the backup is out with a stress fracture so 3rd in line is a sr running back/wide receiver that they used in wild cat and as a handoff QB with few passing attempts and few completions.

 

As long as QB stays healthy it's worth about 3 TD's whether passing or running if he's out then there's trouble.

 

You asked earlier if they need to work on anything and I would say it is confidence if someone goes down that others can step up and take their place but that's what all teams have to work on.

The biggest key is the QB. As long as he's healthy they do really good on offense but when he suffered with the sprained ankle they had little options the backup is out with a stress fracture so 3rd in line is a sr running back/wide receiver that they used in wild cat and as a handoff QB with few passing attempts and few completions.

 

As long as QB stays healthy it's worth about 3 TD's whether passing or running if he's out then there's trouble.

 

You asked earlier if they need to work on anything and I would say it is confidence if someone goes down that others can step up and take their place but that's what all teams have to work on.

 

Thanks for the replies. Ashland and JC have things to work on as well. At the moment I believe JC is ahead of Ashland in that aspect. But I believe ashlands running game is slightly ahead of JC's. Should be interesting come playoff time.

Thanks for the replies. Ashland and JC have things to work on as well. At the moment I believe JC is ahead of Ashland in that aspect. But I believe ashlands running game is slightly ahead of JC's. Should be interesting come playoff time.

 

It's gonna be an interesting run. I know the tradition at JC and Ashland I just not had the chance to see them play.

 

The thing that concerns me is close games for the past three years the close games is where South fails. Some of this caused by schedule and some inexperience easpecially with coaches and players and how they react to that adversity.

Key word. The fact is we don't know. I have no doubt that South Warren has one of the best but to say they are the best is subjective. Shutouts alone can be tricky. JC I know for a fact could have at least 4 shotouts this year but subbed early to avoid running clocks.

 

The low scoring game between JC and Ashland really isn't that surprising considering how long these 2 have been playing each other. It's no secret what these 2 like to do and each one knows that. The fact is unless you have seen JC run there offense, you can't repeat there offense. I took Highlands and Cov. Cath probably 5 years to devise a defense to stop JCs offense. I for one hope that we have a opportunity to see a JC/ South Warren matchup. It would be a defensive battle to say the least.

 

Please refresh me on what year Highlands ever had trouble stopping Johnson Central? Would that have been the year Highlands beat JC 69-20 and Johnson put up a couple late scores against freshmen? I do know Johnson Central has never beat Highlands, and I can't recall Highlands ever having trouble figuring out how to stop Johnson Central's offense.

 

I do think Johnson Central is a formidable opponent, but it's never that hard to stop one dimensional teams. I also commend JC for trying to ramp up their schedule this year even though it was only with one quality game against Lexcath. It's tough to get home and home series with good teams that are long bus rides away. I'd like to see Johnson win state this year. They have been the 2nd best team in Highlands division and would've won state a couple times if they hadn't have had to go thru Highlands.

Edited by Bosshog
Spelling

It's gonna be an interesting run. I know the tradition at JC and Ashland I just not had the chance to see them play.

 

The thing that concerns me is close games for the past three years the close games is where South fails. Some of this caused by schedule and some inexperience easpecially with coaches and players and how they react to that adversity.

 

It will be interesting to say the least. I would expect nothing less than a close game if either of the three end up playing each other in the playoffs. I'll tell you right now that the regular season game between Ashland/JC was an absolute war defensively. I expect the same if either of them meet up with SW.

It will be interesting to say the least. I would expect nothing less than a close game if either of the three end up playing each other in the playoffs. I'll tell you right now that the regular season game between Ashland/JC was an absolute war defensively. I expect the same if either of them meet up with SW.
JD, what are your thoughts on the passing abilities of Ashland and Johnson Central?
JD, what are your thoughts on the passing abilities of Ashland and Johnson Central?

 

Ashland has no threat. JC is questionable, but no real threat there either. Basically, both teams line up, dare your to stop them, then run it down your throat.

All the talk in the whole post was centered on JC. SW, ASHLAND, and a couple more barely mentioned, but these could be in for a rude awakening when they get into facing a couple or three teams down in the 8 to 12 ranked teams. I know for a fact that WAYNE will not be an easy out for them plus a couple more.

All the talk in the whole post was centered on JC. SW, ASHLAND, and a couple more barely mentioned, but these could be in for a rude awakening when they get into facing a couple or three teams down in the 8 to 12 ranked teams. I know for a fact that WAYNE will not be an easy out for them plus a couple more.
beat Monroe by 45and I will listen
Please refresh me on what year Highlands ever had trouble stopping Johnson Central? Would that have been the year Highlands beat JC 69-20 and Johnson put up a couple late scores against freshmen? I do know Johnson Central has never beat Highlands, and I can't recall Highlands ever having trouble figuring out how to stop Johnson Central's offense.

 

I do think Johnson Central is a formidable opponent, but it's never that hard to stop one dimensional teams. I also commend JC for trying to ramp up their schedule this year even though it was only with one quality game against Lexcath. It's tough to get home and home series with good teams that are long bus rides away. I'd like to see Johnson win state this year. They have been the 2nd best team in Highlands division and would've won state a couple times if they hadn't have had to go thru Highlands.

 

The years I elluded to was from 08-10 specifically 2010. Maybe I should have found another word for stop. My point was that it seemed JCs offense was much more effective against Highlands the first few years they played each other due to the fact of its uniqueness and effectiveness. Obviously JC has never beaten Highlands, but would you not agree that it was tougher the first couple years facing JC than the latter year? That could also be a small drop in talent on JC part or rise in talent for Highlands but it just seemed more effective the first few times they meet.

The years I elluded to was from 08-10 specifically 2010. Maybe I should have found another word for stop. My point was that it seemed JCs offense was much more effective against Highlands the first few years they played each other due to the fact of its uniqueness and effectiveness. Obviously JC has never beaten Highlands, but would you not agree that it was tougher the first couple years facing JC than the latter year? That could also be a small drop in talent on JC part or rise in talent for Highlands but it just seemed more effective the first few times they meet.

 

Was 2011 the year that Highlands finished ranked as a Top 10 team in the country as well? JC could have had an All-Star team of players from 2008-10 and the result of the 2011 game at Highlands would've been the same. They were a well oiled machine that year.

Ashland has no threat. JC is questionable, but no real threat there either. Basically, both teams line up, dare your to stop them, then run it down your throat.
Thanks JD! In words, this sounds like what South Warren wants to here as they are set up to stop the run. As DT and JC mentioned, QB Litten is the key to the offense. If he is healthy and is able to throw the ball, I feel South has an advantage. I say this having never seen Ashland or Johnson Central play. Do I think it would be a blow out? Absolutely not, but a South Warren advantage in a close game. Can they stop Ashland's or JC's run? I guess that's the real question we won't know until they play, which makes it fun!

District 4 has been a war all year, if the teams are not worn down I would not want to play any of them. To be honest there are 8 teams that are obviuosly pretty good, I have not watched John Hardin but I know what they usually have and its alway pretty dang good. South Warren, Ashland and Johnson Central must be great at what they do as well,

Frankiln, Shelby, and Spencer I have watched and they all 3 are dangerous, I would not over look any of them

Was 2011 the year that Highlands finished ranked as a Top 10 team in the country as well? JC could have had an All-Star team of players from 2008-10 and the result of the 2011 game at Highlands would've been the same. They were a well oiled machine that year.

 

I'm not sure. Possibly, they destroyed us that year. Maybe one of there fans could confirm that?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.