Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bluegrasspreps' Class 4A Rankings (10/26)

Featured Replies

1. Johnson Central at 3A #2 Belfry

2. South Warren vs. Pope John Paul II (TN)

3. Ashland at 6A Tates Creek

4. Shelby County at 5A #8 South Oldham

5. Spencer County vs. 3A Henry County

6. Scott vs. 6A #4 Simon Kenton

7. Hopkinsville vs. 5A Marshall County

8. John Hardin vs. 5A #5 Christian County

9. Franklin County at 2A #2 Christian Academy-Louisville

10. Wayne County vs. 2A #10 Monroe County

  • Replies 71
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Is everyone hoping for the Johnson Central and South Warren matchup to happen? Ashland proved it may be more difficult then expected, can the Tomcats upset the Golden Eagles in the playoffs? What do we expect from Spencer County? Who else should be in the discussion?

Honestly, I would prefer to see a matchup against Ashland. I would love to watch Quinten Baker play. Either way, I am not sold on either team considering their offensive woes their last game. If they can't score on each other, how will they score on what might be the #1 defense in the state?

Honestly, I would prefer to see a matchup against Ashland. I would love to watch Quinten Baker play. Either way, I am not sold on either team considering their offensive woes their last game. If they can't score on each other, how will they score on what might be the #1 defense in the state?

 

Key word. The fact is we don't know. I have no doubt that South Warren has one of the best but to say they are the best is subjective. Shutouts alone can be tricky. JC I know for a fact could have at least 4 shotouts this year but subbed early to avoid running clocks.

 

The low scoring game between JC and Ashland really isn't that surprising considering how long these 2 have been playing each other. It's no secret what these 2 like to do and each one knows that. The fact is unless you have seen JC run there offense, you can't repeat there offense. I took Highlands and Cov. Cath probably 5 years to devise a defense to stop JCs offense. I for one hope that we have a opportunity to see a JC/ South Warren matchup. It would be a defensive battle to say the least.

No way Ashland stays ranked ahead of Shelby and probably Spencer. Shelby has played and won against better competition. After last week, they deserve the recognition.

No way Ashland stays ranked ahead of Shelby and probably Spencer. Shelby has played and won against better competition. After last week, they deserve the recognition.

 

So their loss to Franklin Co. means nothing? Franklin Co. isn't what I would consider a JC so Ashlands lone loss would be stronger IMO than Shelby Co.

No way Ashland stays ranked ahead of Shelby and probably Spencer. Shelby has played and won against better competition. After last week, they deserve the recognition.

 

???

 

Shelby County has only played two teams currently even ranked in the Top 10 in their respective classes in the BGP Rankings:

 

4A #9 Franklin County L 31-28

4A #5 Spencer County W 42-28

 

Ashlands has played 4A #1 and loss by 1, 1A # 7 Raceland (W 41-21), and they also defeated George Washington, WV who is a Top 5-7 team int he entire State over there.

 

I would consider their schedules a veritable wash, and definitely lean more on the side of their 1 point loss over the #1 team as opposed to Shelby's 3 point loss to the #9 team.

???

 

Shelby County has only played two teams currently even ranked in the Top 10 in their respective classes in the BGP Rankings:

 

4A #9 Franklin County L 31-28

4A #5 Spencer County W 42-28

 

Ashlands has played 4A #1 and loss by 1, 1A # 7 Raceland (W 41-21), and they also defeated George Washington, WV who is a Top 5-7 team int he entire State over there.

 

I would consider their schedules a veritable wash, and definitely lean more on the side of their 1 point loss over the #1 team as opposed to Shelby's 3 point loss to the #9 team.

 

He's a District 4 homer. Pay no attention to him.

???

 

Shelby County has only played two teams currently even ranked in the Top 10 in their respective classes in the BGP Rankings:

 

4A #9 Franklin County L 31-28

4A #5 Spencer County W 42-28

 

Ashlands has played 4A #1 and loss by 1, 1A # 7 Raceland (W 41-21), and they also defeated George Washington, WV who is a Top 5-7 team int he entire State over there.

 

I would consider their schedules a veritable wash, and definitely lean more on the side of their 1 point loss over the #1 team as opposed to Shelby's 3 point loss to the #9 team.

 

Comparing scores can get sketchy but consider Franklin Co. Beat there inner county rival Frankfort 46-14 on the road while 1A contender Paintsville blanked Frankfort 43-0 on the road.

He's a District 4 homer. Pay no attention to him.

 

Seems logical.

He's a District 4 homer. Pay no attention to him.

 

Of Course I am a 4A District 4 Homer. Hoss you have said you thought JH should be 3 numerous times...

 

I don't think you should look at 1A top ten 10 unless it is maybe #1 powerhouse or something.

Don't forget to count 5A N. Bullitt in there at 8 and 2.

And for the record I also think S. Warren should be at 1.

I will say this, It appears a lot of our 4A top 10 have some good games to close out the season.

We

Key word. The fact is we don't know. I have no doubt that South Warren has one of the best but to say they are the best is subjective. Shutouts alone can be tricky. JC I know for a fact could have at least 4 shotouts this year but subbed early to avoid running clocks.

 

The low scoring game between JC and Ashland really isn't that surprising considering how long these 2 have been playing each other. It's no secret what these 2 like to do and each one knows that. The fact is unless you have seen JC run there offense, you can't repeat there offense. I took Highlands and Cov. Cath probably 5 years to devise a defense to stop JCs offense. I for one hope that we have a opportunity to see a JC/ South Warren matchup. It would be a defensive battle to say the least.

Here is a little stat for u 1st half SW PF 244 PA 16 .1FG FROM A TURNOVER inside 20 ,a trick play from JH and a long run from greenwood with running clock .may not be best defense but hard to argue their not.And for what it is worth Male is #1defense .

These are from the LIT ratings. I think it is about dead on and I have the LIT ratings.

1.South Warren

2.Johnson Central

3.Shelby County

4.Spencer County

5.Ashland Blazer

6.Scott High

7.Hopkinsville

8.John Hardin

9.Franklin County

10.Collins

11.Warren Central

12.Franklin-Simpson

13.Wayne County

14.North Oldham

15.Knox Central

16.Greenup County

17.Bourbon County

18.Rockcastle County

19.Allen County

20.East Jessamine

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.