Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brandon Hatton to KWC

Featured Replies

Happy has been good at getting ones who thought they were D1 and after they go figure out that they are better off at a lower level.

  • Replies 52
  • Views 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has this been confrimed?

Has this been confrimed?

 

Yes, but he hasn't officially signed yet to my knowledge

Happy has been good at getting ones who thought they were D1 and after they go figure out that they are better off at a lower level.

 

Giving you the benefit of the doubt that this wasn't a shot at Brandon here. The kid was clearly good enough to play D1 basketball. He'll do great things at KWC.

Yes, but he hasn't officially signed yet to my knowledge

Signed what, his admission papers? His scholarship papers? There is no need for him to sign an LOI at this point -- why would he?

Signed what, his admission papers? His scholarship papers? There is no need for him to sign an LOI at this point -- why would he?

 

I would guess scholarship papers.

Happy has been good at getting ones who thought they were D1 and after they go figure out that they are better off at a lower level.

Very true,,,but I just don't see this working...time will tell..

Giving you the benefit of the doubt that this wasn't a shot at Brandon here. The kid was clearly good enough to play D1 basketball. He'll do great things at KWC.

 

No knock at all. He is a solid player. But Happy made his name at Georgetown with D1 transfers

I would guess scholarship papers.

 

I still find it hard to believe a D2 coach would have scholarship money left over for this year when he is sitting on a roster of 15 kids with only 10 to split. If this was discussed prior to the year I could see it, but I'm thinking it is too late at this point.

I'm sill thinking it would be for next year when all the seniors exit? @Wireman your thoughts on this?

I still find it hard to believe a D2 coach would have scholarship money left over for this year when he is sitting on a roster of 15 kids with only 10 to split. If this was discussed prior to the year I could see it, but I'm thinking it is too late at this point.

I'm sill thinking it would be for next year when all the seniors exit? @Wireman your thoughts on this?

 

Just basing off of how it was when I was there, there are probably a few of those guys walk ons and not on scholly. I don't hardly ever remember Coach Lee splitting his scholly's up. 10 were covered the rest were walk on. Of course, I don't know how Happy operates so he may split them up but, just like you, Idk how he'd have any money left over. However, they find ways to get things done down there.

I still find it hard to believe a D2 coach would have scholarship money left over for this year when he is sitting on a roster of 15 kids with only 10 to split. If this was discussed prior to the year I could see it, but I'm thinking it is too late at this point.

I'm sill thinking it would be for next year when all the seniors exit? @Wireman your thoughts on this?

 

KWC, Bellarmine, and the D2 school in FL (can't remember the name) all had the resources for it to work if Brandon chose to transfer there and start attending after Christmas break.

KWC' date=' Bellarmine, and the D2 school in FL (can't remember the name) all had the resources for it to work if Brandon chose to transfer there and start attending after Christmas break.[/quote']

 

I don't think Bellarmine was an option.

I don't think Bellarmine was an option.

 

KWC, Bellarmine, and Charleston (WV) were all options. That comes from someone who was pretty close to the situation.

KWC' date=' Bellarmine, and Charleston (WV) were all options. That comes from someone who was pretty close to the situation.[/quote']

 

My fault. Confused asst Coach Davenport at EKU with head coach Davenport at BU.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.