Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Brandon Hatton to KWC

Featured Replies

If I am correct, when you step down a division (D1->D2) you are eligible immediately.

 

That is correct. I was thinking it was D1. Thanks.

Well in this case it looks like he won't make the impact until after December's semester.

Good luck to him.

  • Replies 52
  • Views 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Owensboro is much closer than Vermont. If he decides he doesn't want to play basketball he could slide over to football or baseball.

 

Heard he wanted to go far, far away originally. Maybe the distance didn't work out for him like he thought it would? Was KWC able to give him any hoops money?

Good luck Brandon!

Heard he wanted to go far, far away originally. Maybe the distance didn't work out for him like he thought it would? Was KWC able to give him any hoops money?

 

Having went to school at KWC, I can tell you, that having been a D1 transfer, they'll have money for him. That will be no issue.

Having went to school at KWC, I can tell you, that having been a D1 transfer, they'll have money for him. That will be no issue.

 

Having 15 kids on the roster and practice already started, coupled with only 10 scholarships allowed in D2, I'm guessing he is on his own the rest of this year? There are 7 seniors on the roster so probably one for him next year for sure.

Did he redshirt at Vermont? Truthfully, unless Happy see's him being an integral part towards a title run, I could see him slapping a redshirt on him and having him 3 more years. However, just knowing how things function down there, in terms of basketball, he'll get taken care of one way or another. @TAC

Did he redshirt at Vermont? Truthfully' date=' unless Happy see's him being an integral part towards a title run, I could see him slapping a redshirt on him and having him 3 more years. However, just knowing how things function down there, in terms of basketball, he'll get taken care of one way or another. [mention=12341']TAC[/mention]

 

He did not redshirt.

He did not redshirt.

 

Gotcha. So that could be a possibility this year? No sense in wasting half of a season. However, I don't know Brandon so I don't know if he'd consider it but it seems logical. And if in fact that does happen, he could always go part time during the spring semester and then get a scholly starting next school year. Either way, glad to see my alma mater grab another good one.

Did he redshirt at Vermont? Truthfully, unless Happy see's him being an integral part towards a title run, I could see him slapping a redshirt on him and having him 3 more years. However, just knowing how things function down there, in terms of basketball, he'll get taken care of one way or another. @TAC

 

See post 6.

Pretty sure Happy has figured out what to do with him and Brandon is on board with the package. the I've watched Hatton play from the about the 5th grade on. Tremendous player. Can't wait to see him back on the court.

Glad he found a home, especially closer by where we might get a chance to see him play.

It's almost hoops season!!!!!

See post 6.

Pretty sure Happy has figured out what to do with him and Brandon is on board with the package. the I've watched Hatton play from the about the 5th grade on. Tremendous player. Can't wait to see him back on the court.

Glad he found a home, especially closer by where we might get a chance to see him play.

It's almost hoops season!!!!!

 

He will love it down there I can promise you that.

Really hoping that everything works out well for Brandon!

With this being the first season that GMAC gets AQ into NCAA D2 tourney I could see KWC getting him eligible for 2nd half of season. If he could help them make a run this season with all of those seniors might be worhtwhile to them.

 

GMAC is going to get considerably tougher with the GLIAC schools entering in a couple of years. Might want to make the run when you have the opportunity.

With this being the first season that GMAC gets AQ into NCAA D2 tourney I could see KWC getting him eligible for 2nd half of season. If he could help them make a run this season with all of those seniors might be worhtwhile to them.

 

GMAC is going to get considerably tougher with the GLIAC schools entering in a couple of years. Might want to make the run when you have the opportunity.

 

From what I'm told, the teams they are adding are Findlay, Hillsdale, Lake Erie, Ohio Dominican, Walsh and Malone. So this will end up being a pretty solid conference.

If I am correct, when you step down a division (D1->D2) you are eligible immediately.

 

Correct

If I was a coach at an out of state college, I would never offer a kid from Kentucky.

 

It seems as though about 90% of them last about one, no more than two years, and then they come back home.

 

Happy Osborne has been the best at getting these kids who come back to the state to play for him.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.