Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

South Warren 38 Warren Central 6

Featured Replies

Warren central came out and played with a lot of heart and determination In the first quarter. Things changed in the second quarter when there was offsetting penalty's on a punt by central. It kept south from being pinned deep inside the 5 which ultimately led to Souths first scoring drive. Then the big play IMHO that changed the game was the blocked punt and return of around 60 yards by Colton. From that point on south was in control and it appeared that WC got down on their selves and never recovered.

 

Even with score going to 38 it still seemed to be a good game if a couple breaks had went the other way then central could have been in control. Central had its best chance and didn't capitalize in the first with the Litten fumbled snap and ball being kicked backwards and scamper finally being coverd by WC at south 19. But central couldn't put it in and turned it over on downs.

  • Replies 60
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to this game just see what all the hype about South was about . First, I was pleased to see such a great crowd for the Spartans. Second, I saw a very well disciplined defense. Not sure how to beat them . Unless you have a offensive line that can pass block VERY WELL! Third, I saw a good mixture of passing and running on offense . Fourth, their special teams played very good.Fifth, I saw a very good wide receiver and a dangerous QB. I was very surprised to see SW coach pull his kids as early as he did . I was hoping to get to take in a little more of what they have to offer . I could see some of our local kids being upset with such little playing time in such an anticipated matchup. I totally get protecting players but wow. All in all . It's gonna take a very good football team. Playing a very good game. To slow down the Spartans. A nice facility as well

I personally do not think anyone in 4a can beat them...they are solid at every position! And very well coached.

I personally do not think anyone in 4a can beat them...they are solid at every position! And very well coached.

 

Unfortunately I agree with you. I hope JH gets another shot at them but it's going to be tough to beat SW.

I went to this game just see what all the hype about South was about . First, I was pleased to see such a great crowd for the Spartans. Second, I saw a very well disciplined defense. Not sure how to beat them . Unless you have a offensive line that can pass block VERY WELL! Third, I saw a good mixture of passing and running on offense . Fourth, their special teams played very good.Fifth, I saw a very good wide receiver and a dangerous QB. I was very surprised to see SW coach pull his kids as early as he did . I was hoping to get to take in a little more of what they have to offer . I could see some of our local kids being upset with such little playing time in such an anticipated matchup. I totally get protecting players but wow. All in all . It's gonna take a very good football team. Playing a very good game. To slow down the Spartans. A nice facility as well

 

You saw a scaled down SW team.... Not sure why, but the offense was pedestrian compared to what it has been and can be. The Spartans didn't use their full Arsenal in this game. McElwain and Cummings are the two leading receivers on the team but weren't thrown a pass. Colton and Houchins are very good change of pace RBs that didn't even get the chance to touch the ball (other than Coltons Defensive TD).

 

As for pulling the starters early, fans were confused as well.... I think it has something to do with both head coaches being close friends and College teammates. But this does the Seniors on this team playing for Scholarships no favors. Many of these guys are trying to find a way to pay for their College education, but barely play half a football game each week. In a normal situation, most of their stats would be at least double what they are now by this point in the season...

Edited by Doubletake1906

From reading the thread about the Ashland-Johnson Central game, it seems like Ashland can't pass and JC barely does, yet their fans seem to think that whoever wins their probable playoff rematch will beat SW in the championship game. If they can't pass, they don't have a chance of beating South Warren. If the Spartans stay healthy, they will be the 4A champs.

From reading the thread about the Ashland-Johnson Central game, it seems like Ashland can't pass and JC barely does, yet their fans seem to think that whoever wins their probable playoff rematch will beat SW in the championship game. If they can't pass, they don't have a chance of beating South Warren. If the Spartans stay healthy, they will be the 4A champs.

 

Exactly. But they'll find out soon enough.

Ashland and JC both act like their defense is better than SW .I don't think so !

Ashland and JC both act like their defense is better than SW .I don't think so !

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but how does anyone know? It is more hopeful thinking? Or, do you have a solid argument for why you think one defense is better then the other?

I don't necessarily disagree with you, but how does anyone know? It is more hopeful thinking? Or, do you have a solid argument for why you think one defense is better then the other?

 

I can answer that question, but I'll leave it alone.

JC could have 5 or so shutouts themselves if they wanted. Instead of getting a running clock early, Matney has subbed often in the first half, mixed in different player combinations, worked on 4 and 5 wide shotgun formations and let his JC and Freshman play several snaps against starting varsity O's and D's.

 

JC and Ashland both have a weak schedule but you cant help district play. JC played Lex. Catholic and Ashland played George Washington as their big games (JC will also play Belfry). Having said this, South Warren has not played a strong schedule either. SW may have the greatest defense ever in 4A, but they have not played a team like JC or Ashland.

 

Time will tell, but Ive seen SW on tape a few times and they are good but not the juggernaut some may have you think. IMO it would be a pick-em vs. JC and they would be a 7-10 point favorite vs. Ashland.

JC went 1-9 passing last night.

A. They probably need to work on that more.

B. That will be problematic vs South Warren

Where did you get 1 for 9? I heard Dicky say this on the radio. JC might have called 9 passing plays but did not go 1 for 9.

 

Your making a big assumption that SW can stop the run as well. We might see, but Im not convinced SW is a lock to make to BG (nor is JC) so this may be a moot point.

JC could have 5 or so shutouts themselves if they wanted. Instead of getting a running clock early, Matney has subbed often in the first half, mixed in different player combinations, worked on 4 and 5 wide shotgun formations and let his JC and Freshman play several snaps against starting varsity O's and D's.

 

JC and Ashland both have a weak schedule but you cant help district play. JC played Lex. Catholic and Ashland played George Washington as their big games (JC will also play Belfry). Having said this, South Warren has not played a strong schedule either. SW may have the greatest defense ever in 4A, but they have not played a team like JC or Ashland.

 

Time will tell, but Ive seen SW on tape a few times and they are good but not the juggernaut some may have you think. IMO it would be a pick-em vs. JC and they would be a 7-10 point favorite vs. Ashland.

 

If you mean they haven't played teams as good as those two I completely disagree with you.

If you mean they haven't played teams as good as those two I completely disagree with you.

 

As good as JC? Then we will have to politely agree to disagree.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.