Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

South Warren 38 Warren Central 6

Featured Replies

I agree with Tyler10 . I think there is a way of showing production/minutes played . But until then you have got consider the players future . Not just the teams. I wonder how hard SW practices are . Will they be ready for a fourth quarter battle . Because it IS coming !

  • Replies 60
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South has 1 player that will get a legitimate football scholarship. That is Colton. The rest are very good HS players that will play below the FCS level. Which means they will be paying to play.
i will take that bet I know of 3 that will definitely get d-1and a fourth is a freshman but you are right most will be lower level 3-5 more additional players .
Please enlighten us to these D1 players the Spartans have.....

First, why are you speaking specifically to D1? Second, you do know and understand that D1, D 1-AA, D2, and NAIA all offer football scholarships don't you?? Third, I believe Colton, Jacob Lacey, Jacob Wilde, Zach Haynes, CJ Hayes, and Rider Litten all have D1 potential based on size, speed, strength, etc. But as the saying goes "You aren't D1 until you have a D1 offer," so by that logic, none of them are currently D1. However, as I have stated before, D1 IS NOT, the be all end all.

I will agree Hayes,Colton,and both Lacey's and maybe Haynes Are D-1 prospects Litten ,Cummings and several others lower level if they choose

But as the saying goes "You aren't D1 until you have a D1 offer," so by that logic, none of them are currently D1. However, as I have stated before, D1 IS NOT, the be all end all.
Agree with this. But anything other than FBS / FCS you are paying to play. South is loaded with VERY good Kentucky high school players. We will see how it plays out with the scholarship offers with the guys you mentioned. I'm sure if they don't get offers it will be the fault of the coaches.:no:
Agree with this. But anything other than FBS / FCS you are paying to play. South is loaded with VERY good Kentucky high school players. We will see how it plays out with the scholarship offers with the guys you mentioned. I'm sure if they don't get offers it will be the fault of the coaches.:no:

 

Not saying it will solely be the fault of the coaches.... The parents, kids, and administration have to do their parts as well. Coaches are one piece of a larger puzzle, but, just like a puzzle, if any one piece is not there, the puzzle cannot be complete.

Here is the truth plAyers can play and we have a great coaching staff one thing left all have to prove it !

First, why are you speaking specifically to D1? Second, you do know and understand that D1, D 1-AA, D2, and NAIA all offer football scholarships don't you?? Third, I believe Colton, Jacob Lacey, Jacob Wilde, Zach Haynes, CJ Hayes, and Rider Litten all have D1 potential based on size, speed, strength, etc. But as the saying goes "You aren't D1 until you have a D1 offer," so by that logic, none of them are currently D1. However, as I have stated before, D1 IS NOT, the be all end all.

 

I could be wrong but I think NAIA doesn't call it scholarships but they give preferred athletes financial aid similar to scholarships. I think most of their schooling is paid for but not all of it. Is that right? I want to say that is how it is done at Campbellsville. Not so much scholarships but the athlete won't pay much if they want you.

I could be wrong but I think NAIA doesn't call it scholarships but they give preferred athletes financial aid similar to scholarships. I think most of their schooling is paid for but not all of it. Is that right? I want to say that is how it is done at Campbellsville. Not so much scholarships but the athlete won't pay much if they want you.

 

Correct.

 

Some pay (varies in amounts). Some dont.

I could be wrong but I think NAIA doesn't call it scholarships but they give preferred athletes financial aid similar to scholarships. I think most of their schooling is paid for but not all of it. Is that right? I want to say that is how it is done at Campbellsville. Not so much scholarships but the athlete won't pay much if they want you.

Every level minus D1A and DIII call their scholarships "equivalents". The school, depending on level of play, has so many equivalents and can split them up as much as they like. A player can get a "Full equivalent" which is a full scholarship, or they can get any percentage of an equivalent, partial scholarship.

Maybe on an average high school team, but these guys are not average. Most of their starters have the ability to play College football whether D1, D1 AA, D2, etc....

 

What players do they have that have offers or are committed to play at the next level next year? Just curious.

  • Author

NAIA scholarships are limited to around 20 and can be broken between players ever how the school wants they take fasfa and other scholarships as wells as grants etc into account to determine how much to offer or at least that's how Georgetown, LWC and Campbellsville do it from my understanding.

What players do they have that have offers or are committed to play at the next level next year? Just curious.

 

I believe Colton has 2-3 D2 offers plus interest from 1 or 2 D1 schools. Cummings has an offer from Campbellsville University with lots of interest from Walsh University, Univ. of Indianapolis, KY Wesleyen and a few others. Hayes has interest from a few D-1 schools. I am not sure about the others. No commitments to my knowledge....

I believe Colton has 2-3 D2 offers plus interest from 1 or 2 D1 schools. Cummings has an offer from Campbellsville University with lots of interest from Walsh University, Univ. of Indianapolis, KY Wesleyen and a few others. Hayes has interest from a few D-1 schools. I am not sure about the others. No commitments to my knowledge....

 

Thanks. Hopefully that interest turns into offers and the kids with offers do well at the next level and enjoy it. I'm all about kids getting a change to play on while getting an education.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.