Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Benghazi Truth/Fiction

Featured Replies

An administration lies, the opposing party runs it through the ringer. Wash, rinse, repeat.

  • Replies 61
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently Gowdy thinks there is a pattern of misconduct here and is going to reopen the Lewinsky stuff.

 

Link: Just Kidding. (I hope)

So because there were attacks in the past...That makes it ok that people lied about this one?

 

I'm sorry, but that wasn't what I was getting at.

Interesting, today is the 32nd anniversary of the deadly attack in Beruit where a few hundred Americans lost their lives. Some of the recommendations that were implemented then eventually faded, and led to the issues in Benghazi.

 

Not getting the Beruit/Benghazi link.

The Left does not hold a patent on the process though. Everyone shares in it.

 

C'mon, man. That's just crazy talk.

The Left does not hold a patent on the process though. Everyone shares in it.

 

Didn't say they did. I was talking about Hillary and her lies.

 

You know you have no defense when your defense is the other side has done it too.

Didn't say they did. I was talking about Hillary and her lies.

 

You know you have no defense when your defense is the other side has done it too.

 

Ok, just felt like you meant it was a one sided deal.

Not getting the Beruit/Benghazi link.

 

If you read my first post in this thread, #6, you would see.

 

As for Beruit: In Beruit there were serious security issues, they were addressed but not acted upon until after the third attack in a very short period of time, that third attack was the big one. I believe it was Tip O'Neil had the duty of selecting a committee, one R and one D, about two months later they were finished and presented, to make it safer in the future. But sadly over the years those security issues had come up again.

 

There were very serious flaws a few years ago at diplomatic posts overseas. For one, the job description was all wrong, since Benghazi all diplomatic posts security personnel had to take extensive training to able to better deal with threats.

 

As well as before Benghazi the protection/security part of the DSS did not have a say at the table, and could not override decisions of the rest of the diplomatic staff including the ambassador.

If you read my first post in this thread, #6, you would see.

 

As for Beruit: In Beruit there were serious security issues, they were addressed but not acted upon until after the third attack in a very short period of time, that third attack was the big one. I believe it was Tip O'Neil had the duty of selecting a committee, one R and one D, about two months later they were finished and presented, to make it safer in the future. But sadly over the years those security issues had come up again.

 

......

 

 

TY.

 

There are issue far deeper than security lapses here but no one will touch them. Everyone seems to play their role in the kabuki theater.

 

As I posted earlier, the overall Libyan operation was almost surely a Susan Rice deal. It matches her MO in dealing with African issues - fairly brutally.

Why is it being political even a shocker. Of course part of it is political they are politicians.

 

It doesn't erase legitimate concerns of Hillary's lack of leadership and multiple bad decisions while in a leadership position. If there was nothing to hide they wouldn't continue to hide all the information.

Why is it being political even a shocker. Of course part of it is political they are politicians.

 

It doesn't erase legitimate concerns of Hillary's lack of leadership and multiple bad decisions while in a leadership position. If there was nothing to hide they wouldn't continue to hide all the information.

 

I wouldn't vote for Hillary for coroner. That said, no government releases everything in these investigations. For example see Iran Contra.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran–Contra_affair

I wouldn't vote for Hillary for coroner. That said, no government releases everything in these investigations. For example see Iran Contra.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran–Contra_affair

 

Again I'm not acting like this is a historic precedent for politicians to protect themselves either. They are being political as well. But normally if this happens to you before office it disqualifies you.

 

Both sides are being political that's why I find it ironic that democrats are choosing to use the Republicans being political as a rallying cry as democrats are being political at the same time.

Again I'm not acting like this is a historic precedent for politicians to protect themselves either. They are being political as well. But normally if this happens to you before office it disqualifies you.

 

Both sides are being political that's why I find it ironic that democrats are choosing to use the Republicans being political as a rallying cry as democrats are being political at the same time.

 

Let me ask you this: What makes more sense?

 

• Having a 21-gun salute of congressional hearings flail about in attempts to beat up Hillary over things most American voters don't care enough about the nuances of, and run the risk of having the opposite affect by driving a sympathy vote toward the "beleaguered" eventual Dem nominee.

 

• The GOP getting its proverbial crap together and narrowing its nominee field so that the survivor is not too damaged to be able to mount a credible General Election attack on Hillary, using Benghazi as Exhibit A.

 

 

 

And please come up with a real response, and not some anti-Hillary rhetoric. I ain't no Democrat, and I wouldn't vote for her even if I was. I'll cast my protest vote yet again when the time comes and feel better about myself for it.

Let me ask you this: What makes more sense?

 

• Having a 21-gun salute of congressional hearings flail about in attempts to beat up Hillary over things most American voters don't care enough about the nuances of, and run the risk of having the opposite affect by driving a sympathy vote toward the "beleaguered" eventual Dem nominee.

 

• The GOP getting its proverbial crap together and narrowing its nominee field so that the survivor is not too damaged to be able to mount a credible General Election attack on Hillary, using Benghazi as Exhibit A.

 

 

 

And please come up with a real response, and not some anti-Hillary rhetoric. I ain't no Democrat, and I wouldn't vote for her even if I was. I'll cast my protest vote yet again when the time comes and feel better about myself for it.

 

I don't think it's an either or scenario. I'm not happy about the large GOP field. But I don't think those two options are necessarily linked.

I don't think it's an either or scenario. I'm not happy about the large GOP field. But I don't think those two options are necessarily linked.

 

Gonna have to disagree there. Seems emblematic of the current GOP's organizational issues on both fronts. The party rank and file wants to do whatever it can to regain the WH, but they don't have the faintest clue who they want to do it or how to go about it in a logical manner.

 

Four or five candidates isn't that big a deal as far as providing options. The current display we're getting is something altogether different and dysfunctional. Whomever survives this mess — if it continues to drag on too many more months in its current fashion — will be so hopelessly bloodied that they won't have a chance in the General Election.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.