October 24, 201510 yr Gonna have to disagree there. Seems emblematic of the current GOP's organizational issues on both fronts. The party rank and file wants to do whatever it can to regain the WH, but they don't have the faintest clue who they want to do it or how to go about it in a logical manner. Four or five candidates isn't that big a deal as far as providing options. The current display we're getting is something altogether different and dysfunctional. Whomever survives this mess — if it continues to drag on too many more months in its current fashion — will be so hopelessly bloodied that they won't have a chance in the General Election. I hear ya Jim but we are SO FAR away from the election. I agree that 15+ candidates is way too many but they will start dropping like flies fairly soon - campaigns need money and if you are polling 5% or less, donations are going to go away real quick. By Christmas you will be under 10 I predict and none of the state primaries will have happened yet. Then once a few happen in early 2016, we will be down to 5 or less by February or March as candidates who don't do well will have to go away.
October 24, 201510 yr I hear ya Jim but we are SO FAR away from the election. I agree that 15+ candidates is way too many but they will start dropping like flies fairly soon - campaigns need money and if you are polling 5% or less, donations are going to go away real quick. By Christmas you will be under 10 I predict and none of the state primaries will have happened yet. Then once a few happen in early 2016, we will be down to 5 or less by February or March as candidates who don't do well will have to go away. Still gonna be a lot of collateral damage while Hillary stockpiles money for her inevitable all-out assault on the survivor. The GOP needs to have it to a manageable number of a half-dozen in 6 weeks to mitigate the fundraising damage.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.