October 23, 201510 yr Interesting, today is the 32nd anniversary of the deadly attack in Beruit where a few hundred Americans lost their lives. Some of the recommendations that were implemented then eventually faded, and led to the issues in Benghazi.
October 23, 201510 yr The only thing I really wanted out of it was to admit it wasn't a video that started it. Our leadership right now is pathetic. And whats even worse is people dont care and will still vote for them. Why, I have no clue.
October 23, 201510 yr According to CNN poll, this is what America thinks about the House Benghazi investigation: -- 72% of all Americans say they see the Benghazi committee as mostly using its investigative mission for political gain. -- just 23% think it is conducting an objective investigation. -- Even Republicans are skeptical on this measure, with 49% saying the committee is trying to score political points vs. 47% who say it is conducting an objective investigation. -- Among Democrats, 85% see it as seeking political advantage and among independents that stands at 75%. The most important number is the last one: 3 in 4 independents agree with Rep. McCarthy that the Benghazi committee was politically motivated. http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/22/politics/benghazi-committee-hillary-clinton-poll/
October 23, 201510 yr The most important number is the last one: 3 in 4 independents agree with Rep. McCarthy that the Benghazi committee was politically motivated. While I understand this number, isn't any (political) inquiry into these high ranking officials politically motivated? I never understood why folks dwell on that number.
October 23, 201510 yr While I understand this number, isn't any (political) inquiry into these high ranking officials politically motivated? I never understood why folks dwell on that number. It's not how it used to be, look at the committee into Beruit. They did what they were supposed to do and looked into the how and how to prevent it from happening again. In fact, there were a couple of attacks just before the big one that happened, and it took that big one back then to finally get things rolling in the right direction. And this, Benghazi, was also supposed to be a how and how can we prevent this from happening again committee.
October 23, 201510 yr Here is what I think happened... - The embassy asked for more security. They didn't get it for a variety of reasons. - The embassy was attacked by terrorists. Who knows if more security would have done a thing? Terrorists are nuts and will attack regardless of the situation. Kind of sounds like the gun argument, right? - White House officials didn't want to make Obama look weak in the midst of his election, and with it happening clear across the world thought they could get by with the "protest" theory. That blew up in their face. Hillary, by default of being SOS (whether she was involved or not in that decision), gets thrown into the cover-up fray. - Nobody is ever going to admit to the above point, so this investigation is all about trying to get Clinton to slip-up and say something she shouldn't (i.e. politically motivated). - The Dem playbook is to keep punting. The longer it goes, the more desperate the Republicans looks, whether there is any validity to their cause or not. - Nothing is going to happen. We all know this.
October 23, 201510 yr While I understand this number, isn't any (political) inquiry into these high ranking officials politically motivated? I never understood why folks dwell on that number. Was there a similar never-ending "political inquiry" into how Bush-Cheney-Powell got this country involved in the invasion of Iraq, in which our death toll was 1,000 times greater than the death toll in Benghazi? The 3/4 number is important because it shows that the vast majority of voters view the Benghazi panel as an inquisition, not an inquiry into the facts. And that should aid Mrs. Clinton politically on a couple of fronts.
October 23, 201510 yr Was there a similar never-ending "political inquiry" into how Bush-Cheney-Powell got this country involved in the invasion of Iraq, in which our death toll was 1,000 times greater than the death toll in Benghazi? The 3/4 number is important because it shows that the vast majority of voters view the Benghazi panel as an inquisition, not an inquiry into the facts. And that should aid Mrs. Clinton politically on a couple of fronts. I have no clue what your first paragraph even means with response to my post. To the second paragraph, again, I understand what the poll reflects. I just never understand why people dwell on that number because my point is all the inquiries (sans Beirut, apparently) are political in nature. I am not disputing it.
October 23, 201510 yr I have no clue what your first paragraph even means with response to my post. To the second paragraph, again, I understand what the poll reflects. I just never understand why people dwell on that number because my point is all the inquiries (sans Beirut, apparently) are political in nature. I am not disputing it. One could argue that all inquiries of this type are political -- as opposed to political in nature -- but this one was blatantly biased, as the CNN poll numbers reflect. In the Watergate inquiry, Sens. Howard Baker ® and Sam Ervin (D) offered a blueprint for conducting a fact-finding mission based on cooperation and respect. How far we have slipped since then.
October 23, 201510 yr Interesting, today is the 32nd anniversary of the deadly attack in Beruit where a few hundred Americans lost their lives. Some of the recommendations that were implemented then eventually faded, and led to the issues in Benghazi. I remember it sadly. And that was a unit of Marines. If I recall 241 died in that one explosion.
October 23, 201510 yr So because there were attacks in the past...That makes it ok that people lied about this one?
October 23, 201510 yr its a rare day that I can say I kind of agree with a Fox News opinion piece!Hillary Clinton's Benghazi testimony is over. Looks like Kevin McCarthy told the truth | Fox News You DID notice the author of the piece, right? It is interesting that FOX gave him a voice, isn't it? Seems pretty fair and balanced, wouldn't you agree?
October 23, 201510 yr You DID notice the author of the piece, right? It is interesting that FOX gave him a voice, isn't it? Seems pretty fair and balanced, wouldn't you agree? Now I did!! Makes more sense
October 23, 201510 yr Those on the Left do not care what the truth is. Her emails clearly show she knew the video had nothing to do with the attack. She lies and the Left swears to it. Typical of the Left. The Left does not hold a patent on the process though. Everyone shares in it.
October 23, 201510 yr Now I did!! Makes more sense I was pretty surprised myself. Somebody at FOX is going to lose their job over that one.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.