Cats Pause 12th Region rankings

Not saying they both wont get highly recruited but the way fitzgerald blew up on the scene last spring and summer I just think he should be credited a top 3 ranking just as Faulkner. ITs a personal opinion obviously, and your PP it was done by coaches. The 12th should be competitive once again.

I know Faulkner plays on a successful AAU team but if he played for a team playing in those tournaments like Fitzgerald's team was I wonder if that would make a difference in his current recruitment.

I think the 12th has the potential to be better this season than what it was last season and last season was amazing. When Boyle County and Lincoln County are mentioned in the bottom half of the top 10 teams that is saying a lot about how tough and competitive the 12th Region is. Both teams will have new faces on the court but they are both very well coached and should field pretty good teams. Danville should be improved from last season as will Garrard County which will make for a very tough 45th District this season. The district tournament will be stressful as always. The 1 seed very well may not mean much in the 45th District this season.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mercer county is good but to have 3 players in top 10? That's comical, only because trevon Faulkner is good but he shouldn't be #2. I will make a case that malik dow quite possibly might not be a top 10 player. When your looking at productivity, how many games did he dominate? Stephen fitzgerald has the most potential out of the whole group, granted that's why he is getting recruited the hardest. Also to not have at least Jake Smith ( who is a 1,000 scorer at the end of his sophomore year) or DJ white, Collin Miller on this list is crazy.

I would be interested to know the criteria upon which these kids are supposed to be ranked. If you're ranking based on college potential, that's one thing. If you're ranking based on high school productivity, that is another. I think Casey county's success will come as a team and not with any outstanding individuals.

Glad to see Lucas Gentry ranked. He's a good player who projects as high D2 or low D1 (in my opinion).

mercer county is good but to have 3 players in top 10? That's comical, only because trevon Faulkner is good but he shouldn't be #2. I will make a case that malik dow quite possibly might not be a top 10 player. When your looking at productivity, how many games did he dominate? Stephen fitzgerald has the most potential out of the whole group, granted that's why he is getting recruited the hardest. Also to not have at least Jake Smith ( who is a 1,000 scorer at the end of his sophomore year) or DJ white, Collin Miller on this list is crazy.

I think Faulkner is nearly 2 years younger, which is material as far as physical development. We tend to get too carried away with "recruitment" so early in the process. What matters is the level of interest/offers for these 2 players two years from now. A lot can be gained, and lost, in the meantime.

This. It's hard to get great recruitment unless you play AAU where the coaches are.

Coach Q has a valid point! Trevon needs to move from that local team he is playing on and get on a real circuit and showcase what he can do. I just think fitzgerald has shown what he can do against the best in the country. I also agree with coach Q that casey success will come from a team effort not individual.

Hager (G) - Mercer

Faulkner (G) - Mercer

Blevins (G) - Wayne

Elkins (PF/C) - Boyle

Stearns (F) - Wayne

Dow (F) - Mercer

Fitzgerald (G) - Southwest

Gentry (PF/C) - Rockcastle

Sylvester (F) - Pulaski

Holifield (F) - West Jessamine

Wow, Mercer should be loaded with those 3 and then add James.

Great to see Steven and Trevon on this list. Danny surely deserves to be added. He is probably more of a playmaker than either of the two listed above. 2018 has a chance to be special in the state. Trevon will absolutely have to move from his local AAU team. Exposure, exposure, exposure

Great to see Steven and Trevon on this list. Danny surely deserves to be added. He is probably more of a playmaker than either of the two listed above. 2018 has a chance to be special in the state. Trevon will absolutely have to move from his local AAU team. Exposure, exposure, exposure

Or the team that he is on, Lexington Future, needs to play in better tournaments. They have a talented team they just need to step their tournament game up.

If he's good enough he will be noticed. At least he's loyal to his team.

False. Not in today's world. The game has changed. The Lexington Future needs to be playing in Atlanta, Dallas and where all the coaches are going to be at. Going to Memphis or Knoxville when all of the coaches are in Atlanta or Dallas isn't going to get him the exposure he needs. I applaud him for being loyal to his team but if he wants to play college ball he's going to need Lexington Future to be loyal to him and the other talented players on that team. That team is loaded. They just need to be seen in the right places multiple times.

Disagree, if you're good enough people will get the word out. Sometimes theses AAU teams just want money!I'm not saying all ,but some.

It used to be like that. It ain't anymore. If a kid wants to be seen by college coaches he needs to be playing in front of college coaches. If a kid ain't playing in front of college coaches and his goal is to play in college and is paying big money to play AAU then they are being ripped off.

It used to be like that. It ain't anymore. If a kid wants to be seen by college coaches he needs to be playing in front of college coaches. If a kid ain't playing in front of college coaches and his goal is to play in college and is paying big money to play AAU then they are being ripped off.

I agree it helps get a wider area of looks. I do believe Treyvon has some interest already,or trip to Louisville to eat for free. You need to be really good to pay the fees these teams ask! Hotels,food, and whatever else. I just say for some it may help,others it won't.Be careful and not get your hopes up. That is all I'm saying.

I agree it helps get a wider area of looks. I do believe Treyvon has some interest already,or trip to Louisville to eat for free. You need to be really good to pay the fees these teams ask! Hotels,food, and whatever else. I just say for some it may help,others it won't.Be careful and not get your hopes up. That is all I'm saying.

Truth. I learned a ton this past AAU season. I know I won't make the same mistake twice.

The thing to remember is 15U which is what he played is not the end all of college recruiting. Go to one of the major certified events with college coaches attending and many times the 15U games are not even in the same gyms as 16U & 17U. Sometimes the 16U is not even in the same facility as 17U. Do coaches watch 15U, yes. More go to watch 16U, and they all watch 17U. 17U is the prime year. There is nothing wrong to get seen early, but the young Mr. Faulkner will be just fine and has two more years where he will get plenty of coaches watching him. I am sure of it, he will be fine. The recruiting process for these young men is a marathon, not a sprint.