Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cats Pause 12th Region rankings

Featured Replies

It's pretty simple...Team A is at a huge event with a bunch of coaches and media people. Team B is at a local event with parents and friends.

 

Who is getting the most looks?

  • Replies 75
  • Views 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I read thru all the posts and ranked 2nd in the poll is this little team here on the Tennessee border that is not getting much love at all. Blevins and Stearns have proved they can play this game pretty good. So with those 2 plus Baker, Gillespie, Shelton, Stinson, plus new big man Coldiron and a few others, Plus Rodney Woods at the helm, I think we might be able to compete with a few teams in this region. Tuff to replace Peyton Woods, but I firmly believe with a healthy Stearns last year, we would have played in the big show. Just My Opinion, know we all have those.

Well, I read thru all the posts and ranked 2nd in the poll is this little team here on the Tennessee border that is not getting much love at all. Blevins and Stearns have proved they can play this game pretty good. So with those 2 plus Baker, Gillespie, Shelton, Stinson, plus new big man Coldiron and a few others, Plus Rodney Woods at the helm, I think we might be able to compete with a few teams in this region. Tuff to replace Peyton Woods, but I firmly believe with a healthy Stearns last year, we would have played in the big show. Just My Opinion, know we all have those.

 

 

Wayne County will be a very good team this year and I have already had more than one person tell me that Wayne County will win the 12th Region this year. They said pretty much everything you said in your post and the expectations from a lot of us here in my neck of the woods is that you guys will likely be Mercer County's stiffest challenge and possible kryptonite. With the leadership and experience of Blevins and Stearns you can make a pretty good argument that Wayne County should be #1 in the region. Do you feel Southwestern will be a threat to you guys and are you all concerned about the talented roster that Mercer County is going to showcase this winter?

Danny Butt Should be top 5. Some might think I'm crazy but I think he's the best player on Southwestern. I also want count out Boyle County. They will have the best defensive player in the STATE, yes I said it STATE, in Colton Elkins. Then you throw in 6'5 Max Cox, 6'4 Jase Sharpe and the toughness of Josiah Robins, you got yourself a nice nucleus to build around. Guard play is BC biggest question mark. Also Garrard County could suprise some teams this year along with Danville. I can't wait until basketball starts!

  • Author
Well, I read thru all the posts and ranked 2nd in the poll is this little team here on the Tennessee border that is not getting much love at all. Blevins and Stearns have proved they can play this game pretty good. So with those 2 plus Baker, Gillespie, Shelton, Stinson, plus new big man Coldiron and a few others, Plus Rodney Woods at the helm, I think we might be able to compete with a few teams in this region. Tuff to replace Peyton Woods, but I firmly believe with a healthy Stearns last year, we would have played in the big show. Just My Opinion, know we all have those.

 

Hey, I have all of the respect in the world for what Coach Woods and Wayne County have done over the years. They just win, over and over. And they have a VERY talented team this year. VERY talented. In fact, I''d say they are at least top 15 in the state, probably top 10. Trust me, we all know exactly who they are and have the utmost respect for them.

 

That's said, I do think Mercer has the most talent in the region this year and has as good of a coach as you'll find. But that doesn't mean that they'll win it. It should be another great year in one of the better regions in the state!

Danny should be on this list...he gets a bad rep sometimes for doing too much with the ball. But his ability to get his own shot is one of his biggest attributes. Very good handle of the ball. I guess you can tell I'm a big fan....problem for him is he gets overlooked so often because of Steven

Danny should be on this list...he gets a bad rep sometimes for doing too much with the ball. But his ability to get his own shot is one of his biggest attributes. Very good handle of the ball. I guess you can tell I'm a big fan....problem for him is he gets overlooked so often because of Steven

 

I'm a big fan also. I think he is an underrated passer also. I enjoy watching him play.

Danny Butt Should be top 5. Some might think I'm crazy but I think he's the best player on Southwestern. I also want count out Boyle County. They will have the best defensive player in the STATE, yes I said it STATE, in Colton Elkins. Then you throw in 6'5 Max Cox, 6'4 Jase Sharpe and the toughness of Josiah Robins, you got yourself a nice nucleus to build around. Guard play is BC biggest question mark. Also Garrard County could suprise some teams this year along with Danville. I can't wait until basketball starts!

 

Guard play won't be a question mark at Boyle IMO. I think people will be surprised. Bryce Slone will prove to be a capable scorer and Baby J will be fine running the point. I want to see Baby J and Colton Elkins connecting on at least one beautiful fast break play each game. Alley oop, no look pass, off the backboard, something. Colton should get 3-5 dunks a game along with 5 blocks a game. I think Boyle County will have balanced scoring every game and the hot hand will be the hand that is fed the most. I think this team will have at least 5 kids capable of scoring 20+ on any given night but not 3-5 kids that will score 20+ every night. This team will be better defensively than last year's team but not as explosive offensively as last year's team. Last year we would win 75-55. This year we will win 58-55.

 

The physical makeup of Boyle County isn't a concern of mine. I'm more concerned with the mental makeup of the team how much they believe in themselves. I think they should win the toughest district in the region and lay groundwork for the future at the same time. If they believe in themselves then the sky is the limit.

 

I'm ready to run the scoreboard for the home games and take it all in with my BFF on the road games!!!!!!!

Guard play won't be a question mark at Boyle IMO. I think people will be surprised. Bryce Slone will prove to be a capable scorer and Baby J will be fine running the point. I want to see Baby J and Colton Elkins connecting on at least one beautiful fast break play each game. Alley oop, no look pass, off the backboard, something. Colton should get 3-5 dunks a game along with 5 blocks a game. I think Boyle County will have balanced scoring every game and the hot hand will be the hand that is fed the most. I think this team will have at least 5 kids capable of scoring 20+ on any given night but not 3-5 kids that will score 20+ every night. This team will be better defensively than last year's team but not as explosive offensively as last year's team. Last year we would win 75-55. This year we will win 58-55.

 

The physical makeup of Boyle County isn't a concern of mine. I'm more concerned with the mental makeup of the team how much they believe in themselves. I think they should win the toughest district in the region and lay groundwork for the future at the same time. If they believe in themselves then the sky is the limit.

 

I'm ready to run the scoreboard for the home games and take it all in with my BFF on the road games!!!!!!!

 

What he said^^^^^^^^^

Dow is a great player. Always enjoy watching him play. Best of luck to him.

I have heard Landon Powell is now eligible at Pulaski County.

Is Woods still coaching at Wayne Co?

  • Author

Hearing that LCA's starting PG (Davis) has transferred to West Jessamine. That gives them 3 true PG's in Davis, transfer Cam Jones and Cameron Seater.

 

All of that coupled with great coaching makes them a solid 4th. If Powell is indeed eligible at Pulaski, I'd put them at #5.

It will be interesting to see whether or not Cam Jones will be eligible for West Jessamine after transferring from East. That was a messy breakup. If he's not, West keeps that No. 6 spot, but if he is eligible, I can see West push into the top four. Game changer.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.