7. Stephen Fitzgerald

8. Treyvon Sylvester

9. Lucas Gentry

10. Siah Holifield

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Cats Pause wasnt written so early former 15th Region standout Dylan James (Mercer County by way of Sheldon Clark) would be on this list. I would have him in the top 5 for sure. Where would you have him. The Cats Pause does mention him!

I look forward to seeing him play. Without seeing him play I do hesitate to put him in the top 5 of the 12th Region. I have seen the others play so that makes a big difference. I haven't seen Lucas Gentry play and he is the only one out of the 12th Region that I haven't seen.

Danny Butt and Peyton Gover of Southwestern are both worthy of being in the top 10.

Spencer McKinney of Danville should have a good season.

Cam Jones is at West Jessamine now and he will be heard from this season.

Noah Young will carry Lincoln County.

Nick McCollum and Slade Crutchfield will lead Garrard County.

Nick Gillispie will be a factor at Wayne County.

Jake Smith, Colin Miller, DJ White and the new kid(drawing a blank on the name) will lead Casey County this season.

1. Mercer

2. Wayne

3. Southwest

4. Pulaski

5. Boyle

6. West

7. Casey

8. Lincoln

9. Danville

10. Rockcastle

Players:

1. Will Hager

2. Trevon Faulkner

3. Trey Blevins

4. Colton Elkins

5. Corey Stearns

6. Malik Dow

7. Stephen Fitzgerald

8. Treyvon Sylvester

9. Lucas Gentry

10. Siah Holifield

I think these rankings are pretty good to be honest. I would put Boyle County at #7, West at #5 and Casey County at #6 mainly because the general public's 12th Region consensus is that West Jessamine and Casey County are better than Boyle County and I don't have a problem with people believing that.

I still think Treyvon Slyvester is one of the more underrated players in the region. If he has gotten better then he may be a top 3 player in the region.

I've seen you say that a few times. Athletic and pretty good size, but I didn't see enough out of him last year to warrant top 10. Granted, I didn't see him play a ton, so maybe he's better than I thought.

I look forward to seeing him play. Without seeing him play I do hesitate to put him in the top 5 of the 12th Region. I have seen the others play so that makes a big difference. I haven't seen Lucas Gentry play and he is the only one out of the 12th Region that I haven't seen.

Danny Butt and Peyton Gover of Southwestern are both worthy of being in the top 10.

Spencer McKinney of Danville should have a good season.

Cam Jones is at West Jessamine now and he will be heard from this season.

Noah Young will carry Lincoln County.

Nick McCollum and Slade Crutchfield will lead Garrard County.

Nick Gillispie will be a factor at Wayne County.

Jake Smith, Colin Miller, DJ White and the new kid(drawing a blank on the name) will lead Casey County this season.

I too think Cam Jones and Peyton Gover are top 10 worthy. And I'm confident that Dylan James will demonstrate that he is as well.

I've seen you say that a few times. Athletic and pretty good size, but I didn't see enough out of him last year to warrant top 10. Granted, I didn't see him play a ton, so maybe he's better than I thought.

If Pulaski County would have kept giving him the ball in the region tournament they might have beaten Boyle County. We had no answer for him but they went away from him and we won. I was very impressed with him. Very impressed.

Started out pretty good until I saw Pulaski at #4, then some credibility was lost for me. Boyle at #5 is awfully generous as well.

The rankings are done by the coaches. They were also probably done a month or two ago. It's possible the Powell kids hadn't been ruled ineligible yet when the coaches turned in their info to Cats Pause. Also, not all coaches turn in information to Cats Pause either.

As for Boyle County, I think Coach Adams' reputation for producing quality teams helped get Boyle the #5 slot. We'll take it but we'll be aiming for higher than 5th when practice starts.