Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cats Pause 12th Region rankings

Featured Replies

1. Mercer

2. Wayne

3. Southwest

4. Pulaski

5. Boyle

6. West

7. Casey

8. Lincoln

9. Danville

10. Rockcastle

 

Players:

1. Will Hager

2. Trevon Faulkner

3. Trey Blevins

4. Colton Elkins

5. Corey Stearns

6. Malik Dow

7. Stephen Fitzgerald

8. Treyvon Sylvester

9. Lucas Gentry

10. Siah Holifield

  • Replies 75
  • Views 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Cats Pause wasnt written so early former 15th Region standout Dylan James (Mercer County by way of Sheldon Clark) would be on this list. I would have him in the top 5 for sure. Where would you have him. The Cats Pause does mention him!

If the Cats Pause wasnt written so early former 15th Region standout Dylan James (Mercer County by way of Sheldon Clark) would be on this list. I would have him in the top 5 for sure. Where would you have him. The Cats Pause does mention him!

 

I look forward to seeing him play. Without seeing him play I do hesitate to put him in the top 5 of the 12th Region. I have seen the others play so that makes a big difference. I haven't seen Lucas Gentry play and he is the only one out of the 12th Region that I haven't seen.

 

Danny Butt and Peyton Gover of Southwestern are both worthy of being in the top 10.

 

Spencer McKinney of Danville should have a good season.

 

Cam Jones is at West Jessamine now and he will be heard from this season.

 

Noah Young will carry Lincoln County.

 

Nick McCollum and Slade Crutchfield will lead Garrard County.

 

Nick Gillispie will be a factor at Wayne County.

 

Jake Smith, Colin Miller, DJ White and the new kid(drawing a blank on the name) will lead Casey County this season.

I still think Treyvon Slyvester is one of the more underrated players in the region. If he has gotten better then he may be a top 3 player in the region.

1. Mercer

2. Wayne

3. Southwest

4. Pulaski

5. Boyle

6. West

7. Casey

8. Lincoln

9. Danville

10. Rockcastle

 

Players:

1. Will Hager

2. Trevon Faulkner

3. Trey Blevins

4. Colton Elkins

5. Corey Stearns

6. Malik Dow

7. Stephen Fitzgerald

8. Treyvon Sylvester

9. Lucas Gentry

10. Siah Holifield

 

I think these rankings are pretty good to be honest. I would put Boyle County at #7, West at #5 and Casey County at #6 mainly because the general public's 12th Region consensus is that West Jessamine and Casey County are better than Boyle County and I don't have a problem with people believing that.

  • Author
I still think Treyvon Slyvester is one of the more underrated players in the region. If he has gotten better then he may be a top 3 player in the region.

 

I've seen you say that a few times. Athletic and pretty good size, but I didn't see enough out of him last year to warrant top 10. Granted, I didn't see him play a ton, so maybe he's better than I thought.

  • Author
I look forward to seeing him play. Without seeing him play I do hesitate to put him in the top 5 of the 12th Region. I have seen the others play so that makes a big difference. I haven't seen Lucas Gentry play and he is the only one out of the 12th Region that I haven't seen.

 

Danny Butt and Peyton Gover of Southwestern are both worthy of being in the top 10.

 

Spencer McKinney of Danville should have a good season.

 

Cam Jones is at West Jessamine now and he will be heard from this season.

 

Noah Young will carry Lincoln County.

 

Nick McCollum and Slade Crutchfield will lead Garrard County.

 

Nick Gillispie will be a factor at Wayne County.

 

Jake Smith, Colin Miller, DJ White and the new kid(drawing a blank on the name) will lead Casey County this season.

 

I too think Cam Jones and Peyton Gover are top 10 worthy. And I'm confident that Dylan James will demonstrate that he is as well.

  • Author

Did Landon Powell end up at Pulaski?

I've seen you say that a few times. Athletic and pretty good size, but I didn't see enough out of him last year to warrant top 10. Granted, I didn't see him play a ton, so maybe he's better than I thought.

 

If Pulaski County would have kept giving him the ball in the region tournament they might have beaten Boyle County. We had no answer for him but they went away from him and we won. I was very impressed with him. Very impressed.

Did Landon Powell end up at Pulaski?

 

I don't think he is eligible.

I too think Cam Jones and Peyton Gover are top 10 worthy. And I'm confident that Dylan James will demonstrate that he is as well.

 

I can't wait to see him play and see where he fits in amongst the region's best players.

I wouldn't put Dylan James in the top 5. Possibly the top 10 but I'm not sure about that either.

 

As for the rankings...I guess they are a starting point. Or something.

Started out pretty good until I saw Pulaski at #4, then some credibility was lost for me. Boyle at #5 is awfully generous as well.

Started out pretty good until I saw Pulaski at #4, then some credibility was lost for me. Boyle at #5 is awfully generous as well.

 

The rankings are done by the coaches. They were also probably done a month or two ago. It's possible the Powell kids hadn't been ruled ineligible yet when the coaches turned in their info to Cats Pause. Also, not all coaches turn in information to Cats Pause either.

 

As for Boyle County, I think Coach Adams' reputation for producing quality teams helped get Boyle the #5 slot. We'll take it but we'll be aiming for higher than 5th when practice starts.

Can you lost the team next to the top ranked players if it's not too much trouble for us out of towners.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.