Cats Pause 12th Region rankings

Can you lost the team next to the top ranked players if it's not too much trouble for us out of towners.

Hager (G) - Mercer

Faulkner (G) - Mercer

Blevins (G) - Wayne

Elkins (PF/C) - Boyle

Stearns (F) - Wayne

Dow (F) - Mercer

Fitzgerald (G) - Southwest

Gentry (PF/C) - Rockcastle

Sylvester (F) - Pulaski

Holifield (F) - West Jessamine

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't put Dylan James in the top 5. Possibly the top 10 but I'm not sure about that either.]

I realize that the 15th region isn't the 12th, but I think a kid that averaged 22/10 last year, and was considered somewhere in the 1 to 3 range for that region, is (solidly) in the top 10 players in the 12th.

I wouldn't put Dylan James in the top 5. Possibly the top 10 but I'm not sure about that either.]

I realize that the 15th region isn't the 12th, but I think a kid that averaged 22/10 last year, and was considered somewhere in the 1 to 3 range for that region, is (solidly) in the top 10 players in the 12th.

Maybe in the 7-10 range but we'll have to see how it plays out. I think it's likely that Mercer will have 3 players averaging 12-15 points per game this season.

mercer county is good but to have 3 players in top 10? That's comical, only because trevon Faulkner is good but he shouldn't be #2. I will make a case that malik dow quite possibly might not be a top 10 player. When your looking at productivity, how many games did he dominate? Stephen fitzgerald has the most potential out of the whole group, granted that's why he is getting recruited the hardest. Also to not have at least Jake Smith ( who is a 1,000 scorer at the end of his sophomore year) or DJ white, Collin Miller on this list is crazy.

Maybe in the 7-10 range but we'll have to see how it plays out. I think it's likely that Mercer will have 3 players averaging 12-15 points per game this season.

Agreed. I think it will be hard to see Dylan James full potential this season and I think it will be hard for him to prove he is a top 10 player on Mercer's team this season. Hager will have the ball in his hands every possession, as he should, and with Faulkner and Dow on the court when they get the ball they are going to shoot it more than pass it. Same goes for James. Add in Mink and Davis and I don't know that we'll be seeing James doing much more than catching and shooting.

Agreed. I think it will be hard to see Dylan James full potential this season and I think it will be hard for him to prove he is a top 10 player on Mercer's team this season. Hager will have the ball in his hands every possession, as he should, and with Faulkner and Dow on the court when they get the ball they are going to shoot it more than pass it. Same goes for James. Add in Mink and Davis and I don't know that we'll be seeing James doing much more than catching and shooting.

And you're talking about 4 kids who ALL attempted more than 270 field goals last season. James attempted 406.

The basketballs will be flying in Harrodsburg this season.

mercer county is good but to have 3 players in top 10? That's comical, only because trevon Faulkner is good but he shouldn't be #2. I will make a case that malik dow quite possibly might not be a top 10 player. When your looking at productivity, how many games did he dominate? Stephen fitzgerald has the most potential out of the whole group, granted that's why he is getting recruited the hardest. Also to not have at least Jake Smith ( who is a 1,000 scorer at the end of his sophomore year) or DJ white, Collin Miller on this list is crazy.

Blame the 12th Region coaches who filled out the Cats Pause questionnaire for the Yearbook. These are the choices of the majority.

That's interesting about Fitzgerald having more potential than Faulkner. I'll be interested in seeing if that stays true over the next 3 years.

And you're talking about 4 kids who ALL attempted more than 270 field goals last season. James attempted 406.

The basketballs will be flying in Harrodsburg this season.

To quote things similar to what I heard all season long about Jeremiah Bell at Boyle County last season....."if Mercer County can maintain their chemistry with the new addition then they will be hard for most teams to defeat."

Blame the 12th Region coaches who filled out the Cats Pause questionnaire for the Yearbook. These are the choices of the majority.

That's interesting about Fitzgerald having more potential than Faulkner. I'll be interested in seeing if that stays true over the next 3 years.

Not saying they both wont get highly recruited but the way fitzgerald blew up on the scene last spring and summer I just think he should be credited a top 3 ranking just as Faulkner. ITs a personal opinion obviously, and your PP it was done by coaches. The 12th should be competitive once again.