St. Xavier @ Manual

Who wins and why?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins and why?

I pick Manual strictly on site and potential weather conditions.

They are playing an Manual Stadium and there's a forecast for rain on Friday. X hasn't done well on wet grass fields.

I watched the first half of the game when Manual played in the rain against Western at Manual Stadium, and I was very unimpressed. Manual's defense didn't look all bad, but their offense looked really un-polished, to say the least. They would have 2 plays with no gain, or even negative yardage, and then they'd throw a 30 yard pass. Then they'd have 2 or 3 more plays that didn't get anywhere, and then they'd have a 40 yard touchdown run. Western was not good, but they still were shutting down Manual's offense more often than they weren't.

I saw the first half of St. X on Friday against Trinity, and they weren't looking too hot either, but I'd still say this is St. X's game to lose.

I pick Manual strictly on site and potential weather conditions.

They are playing an Manual Stadium and there's a forecast for rain on Friday. X hasn't done well on wet grass fields.

You are exactly right dry field I like the Tigers wet field favors the Rams!

Manual's defense was the reason they were going to win last year, and while they played good enough to win, they were unable to pull out a victory in both meetings. If Manual doesn't beat X this year or the last several meetings it's going to be a long time before they do. Manual can have a great "team defense" but at some point they're going to have score twice, and I don't see that happening. X can manufacture scores, while Manual will need their defense to also be their offense.

Plus, I'll give the coaching edge to X.