Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Which Managers Are Getting Fired?

Featured Replies

IMO the Reds need a baseball guy. Preferably a former catcher that was solid, but not elite. Let me throw this name out there and see if it sticks, Corky Miller. I will venture to say that at some point in his life he is a major league manager. Guy has been around the game at all levels and I can just see him being the ideal player manager.

 

If they were dumb enough to hire Barry Larkin, then they get what they deserve.

 

Anyone else thing they used Corky as the model for the Tom Berringer character in Major Leagues?

  • Replies 59
  • Views 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big Reds fan, but lets be realistic Price is not very good as a manager. Was not a good hire, said that when it happened. Dont know who I would go after, but I was big on Madden and the Cubs got him if you remember me harping on that on this message board, and it has worked out pretty good for them.

Handling of pitchers. Poor communication. Underachieving.

 

He's an old school guy in a modern world. You're not allowed to be 'harsh' with the modern athlete like you were when Williams was playing.

  • Author
He's an old school guy in a modern world. You're not allowed to be 'harsh' with the modern athlete like you were when Williams was playing.

 

I listen to ESPN 980 out of DC daily. I don't get the impression that's the issue.

With all the young pitchers' date=' I'm betting Castellini keeps him on. :rolleyes:[/quote']

 

He's in over his head.

Big Reds fan, but lets be realistic Price is not very good as a manager. Was not a good hire, said that when it happened. Dont know who I would go after, but I was big on Madden and the Cubs got him if you remember me harping on that on this message board, and it has worked out pretty good for them.

 

Maddon was one of the best, if not the best manager in baseball when he was with the Rays. I'm sure we'd all be thrilled to have him in Cincy. It's no surprise at all that he's done well in Chicago.

He's in over his head.

 

Oh, I agree. I'm just trying to think as the Redlegs front office folks.

With all the young pitchers, I'm betting Castellini keeps him on. :rolleyes:

 

 

Sadly, I agree with you. I mean, it's sad that he will be retained not that it's sad I agree with you. :)

Big Reds fan, but lets be realistic Price is not very good as a manager. Was not a good hire, said that when it happened. Dont know who I would go after, but I was big on Madden and the Cubs got him if you remember me harping on that on this message board, and it has worked out pretty good for them.

 

Redlegs could not have outbid Chicago for Madden.

You all think Jim Leyland would be a bad choice? Just asking.

Price should be canned

I think Prices game management is terrible. But this isn't his mess. He should at least get another year, and they'll still stink. No manager is going to change this Reds team

I think Prices game management is terrible. But this isn't his mess. He should at least get another year, and they'll still stink. No manager is going to change this Reds team

 

I just don't think he has the mental stability to handle the job myself. I think he's just one blowup away from a coronary

I just don't think he has the mental stability to handle the job myself. I think he's just one blowup away from a coronary

 

I don't think so either but I wouldn't want to bring a new guy into this mess. Let Price ride this out next year. Then when the window to compete starts to crack back open hire another guy.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.