Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle 52 Campbell County 7

Featured Replies

I can see your point, take Shaun Alexander off of Boone and do they make it to the State game? No way in ....isurrender:

  • Replies 220
  • Views 21.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serious question to the Ryle fans...what's Ryle's record this year (to this point) if they don't have Morgan?

 

That question cannot be answered, Morgan is there, right? Morgan is Talent, like all the other posts suggest. Ryle's success is talent driven along with a coaching staff that is moulding that talent. Good Fit for system and talent. What would Morgan be if he didn't have all the skilled players. He is spreading the ball nicely. Multipe receivers from RB's, TE's and WR's. Last year, they keyed and tried to force the ball to one or two players. The big play was try to get a jump ball reception to a 6' 5" WR. This year it's different. Multiple weapons, plus the 4 headed RB platoon. Yes Morgan does make a difference, but so does Ashley, Beagle, Pogliano, Long, England, Bateman, McGreagor, Chisholm, to name a few. Plus more. Everyone thought their Oline would be susceptible is holding their own. They are even playing 2 sophmores at O Line and not seeing any drop off. The running game is producing.

That question cannot be answered, Morgan is there, right? Morgan is Talent, like all the other posts suggest. Ryle's success is talent driven along with a coaching staff that is moulding that talent. Good Fit for system and talent. What would Morgan be if he didn't have all the skilled players. He is spreading the ball nicely. Multipe receivers from RB's, TE's and WR's. Last year, they keyed and tried to force the ball to one or two players. The big play was try to get a jump ball reception to a 6' 5" WR. This year it's different. Multiple weapons, plus the 4 headed RB platoon. Yes Morgan does make a difference, but so does Ashley, Beagle, Pogliano, Long, England, Bateman, McGreagor, Chisholm, to name a few. Plus more. Everyone thought their Oline would be susceptible is holding their own. They are even playing 2 sophmores at O Line and not seeing any drop off. The running game is producing.

 

That's all fair and good points. But are the 5-0? Your Gut. Do they beat Cov Cath and Lex Cath without him. Gut.

That's all fair and good points. But are the 5-0? Your Gut. Do they beat Cov Cath and Lex Cath without him. Gut.

 

O'hara is capable, with more snaps would improve with each one. But you're right, they could have gone either way. Probably would have pounded the run game more without Morgan. 4 good running backs. Many teams don't have that luxury. I may be skirting the question. But they could have gone 5-0, 4-1 or 3-2. But all are improvements over the last two years.

O'hara is capable, with more snaps would improve with each one. But you're right, they could have gone either way. Probably would have pounded the run game more without Morgan. 4 good running backs. Many teams don't have that luxury. I may be skirting the question. But they could have bone 5-0, 4-1 or 3-2. But all are improvements over the last two years.

 

I was actually surprised they didn't do that against HHS. I'm not trying to dog my HHS boys, but I honestly think throwing the ball against HHS slowed down the scoring for Ryle. I'm sure the coach is working on things and testing things against different teams. So I'm not faulting the coaching. I'm saying if it's a playoff game, Morgan wouldn't have had 1 passing attempt against HHS if I was the coach!

I am on board with GreyFox. Talent wins. People want to win and when they see talent that they know will win, they get on board in every way. All that being said, I am putting Ryle's success this year in one place - Tanner Morgan. Without Morgan, Ryle no doubt loses to Covington Catholic. They probably lose to Lexington Catholic. The Highlands game would have been closer - I am not going to say Highlands wins but it would be closer. Tanner Morgan's execution in the passing game is worth at least 14 points every game over anyone else Ryle puts at QB.

 

Sorry to bust your CCH bubble. Tanner Morgan is exceptional and played a crazy good game against CCH but without him Ryle is still not losing to CCH. We found a way to win last year and we would have found a way to win this year. We were too athletic for CCH.

O'hara is capable, with more snaps would improve with each one. But you're right, they could have gone either way. Probably would have pounded the run game more without Morgan. 4 good running backs. Many teams don't have that luxury. I may be skirting the question. But they could have gone 5-0, 4-1 or 3-2. But all are improvements over the last two years.

 

Was it the O'Hara kid that threw the long bomb down field last week on CC? And one into the endzone? I follow many games on twitter and Ryle's twitter spoke highly of him. I believe he also had a td if I'm not mistaken, sounds like an all around natural. Ryle is loaded and good for them!

Was it the O'Hara kid that threw the long bomb down field last week on CC? And one into the endzone? I follow many games on twitter and Ryle's twitter spoke highly of him. I believe he also had a td if I'm not mistaken' date=' sounds like an all around natural. Ryle is loaded and good for them![/quote']

 

O'Hara is very skilled, Morgan is a prodigy.

Sorry to bust your CCH bubble. Tanner Morgan is exceptional and played a crazy good game against CCH but without him Ryle is still not losing to CCH. We found a way to win last year and we would have found a way to win this year. We were too athletic for CCH.

 

Obviously pure speculation.

 

However, the QB put up 400 yards passing with some passes that a lot of high school QBs can't make so color me skeptical and also curious as to how last year's CCH team matters this year.

Ryles next game is a real tough one.

Obviously pure speculation.

 

However, the QB put up 400 yards passing with some passes that a lot of high school QBs can't make so color me skeptical and also curious as to how last year's CCH team matters this year.

 

About 99.99 % of the junk on this site is speculation. I am certainly not doubting Tanners performance that day. It was awesome and you can be skeptical all you want. Morgan was not on last years team that beat CCH. We found a way. I think that we would have beaten CCH this year regardless. We will win!

About 99.99 % of the junk on this site is speculation. I am certainly not doubting Tanners performance that day. It was awesome and you can be skeptical all you want. Morgan was not on last years team that beat CCH. We found a way. I think that we would have beaten CCH this year regardless. We will win!

 

Have to agree with this one:clap: Just wondering if this Morgan kid knows how lucky HE IS to have walked into a talent pool of exceptional players that make him look good too! :ylsuper: I'm sure his dad would have never let him play for a mediocre team!

Have to agree with this one:clap: Just wondering if this Morgan kid knows how lucky HE IS to have walked into a talent pool of exceptional players that make him look good too! :ylsuper: I'm sure his dad would have never let him play for a mediocre team!

 

:laugh:

Sorry to bust your CCH bubble. Tanner Morgan is exceptional and played a crazy good game against CCH but without him Ryle is still not losing to CCH. We found a way to win last year and we would have found a way to win this year. We were too athletic for CCH.

 

Of course you feel that way.

 

I see these numbers and think differently:

 

England 8 carries 5 yards

Bateman 4 carries 6 yards

 

Ryle couldn't run the ball on Covington Catholic and Morgan saved the day.

 

Also, in case you are not aware, I am NOT a CCH fan so no CCH bubble to burst here

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.