Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

McCracken County 37 Mayfield 31 (OT)

Featured Replies

To me it appeared that Kennemore was tackled in bounds and then slid out of bounds, which would allow the clock to run after the ref signals. The clock obviously started before the chains were set, but did the ref signal the clock to start or was it just the clock operator doing it on his own? Either way, I understand the frustration.

 

It was very close but I had a very good view and thought he got out but was surprised the clock started running. I thought it was a great atmosphere , packed house , lots of emotion, tailgating right by the field.

  • Replies 110
  • Views 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have only watched them play two games since last year. Maybe a lot better was not accurate. I looked up stats for last year and have them listed below. How many games have you watched Ballard or DeSales? Educate me on your opinion of Ballard.

 

Some stats below from last year

 

Ballard 10-4

McCracken 9-2

 

Ballard gave up fewer points defensively and played three more games.

As we all know, we are all entitled to our opinion. Agree with it or not!

I think 2A is very interesting, but I am as confident in my team, DeSales as you are in your team. I am coming to The Corbin game so it should be fun.

For 3 consecutive years, this has been an "instant classic" game. Neither team giving an inch. I hope this game continues for years to come. IMO, McCracken and Mayfield are the 2 best programs in the far west part of the state. Tilghman, Murray and Caldwell may have a little more tradition than McCracken, but, McCracken, at this particular time, is putting a better product on the field and with the numbers, facilities, coaching and overall talent, I expect that to continue. State championships may be hard to come by with St X, Male and Trinity in their paths, but, that goes for everyone in 6a. I could see McCracken being right up their with the Scott Co's and Simon Kenton's in the next few years, as long as they can maintain a good staff and keep improving their feeder programs.

In my book, I'd take McCracken over Ballard. I would have last year, as well. Ballard got hot in the playoffs, but, also had the advantage of not having to play any of the Big 4 district teams until the title game and you saw what happened when they did. Manual knocked out McCracken in the 1st round, but, they did hold the big lead at halftime, but, ran out of gas as Manual imposed it's will in the 2nd half. I feel pretty certain, Manual would have beaten Ballard in a similar fashion.

I have only watched them play two games since last year. Maybe a lot better was not accurate. I looked up stats for last year and have them listed below. How many games have you watched Ballard or DeSales? Educate me on your opinion of Ballard.

 

Some stats below from last year

 

Ballard 10-4

McCracken 9-2

 

Ballard gave up fewer points defensively and played three more games.

As we all know, we are all entitled to our opinion. Agree with it or not!

I think 2A is very interesting, but I am as confident in my team, DeSales as you are in your team. I am coming to The Corbin game so it should be fun.

I don't really have an opinion on Ballard, just wondering your logic on McCracken/Ballard. It is what it is, just our opinions.

I see I touched a nerve' date=' which the truth can often do. Mayfield plays for state championships, which last I checked don't require an undefeated season. Since you didn't beat your county rival, look at the Mustangs schedule... where does your signature win come from? Hendo, Daviess... nope. I think you just saw it, it was Mayfield. No worries though, we're generally everyone's resume builder.[/quote']

 

Bowling Green.

In my book, I'd take McCracken over Ballard. I would have last year, as well. Ballard got hot in the playoffs, but, also had the advantage of not having to play any of the Big 4 district teams until the title game and you saw what happened when they did. Manual knocked out McCracken in the 1st round, but, they did hold the big lead at halftime, but, ran out of gas as Manual imposed it's will in the 2nd half. I feel pretty certain, Manual would have beaten Ballard in a similar fashion.

 

I think Ballard would beat McCracken this year, but as they will likely never play, that's purely an opinion. However, Ballard does play Manual next Friday and that should be a decent measuring stick for how impressive the Colts' win against them was.

 

I'm looking forward to Mayfield and DeSales meeting in the playoffs. It should be quite the game regards of who wins.

Mayfield lost. Big deal. It's one game. We have fern creek this week, and we could easily lose that one. Now from what I am reading here, is that if any part of Mayfield is soft, then they will be in trouble if they meet DeSales. We are built to be physical.

I know NOTHING about Mayfield or McCracken or any other teams in the western part of the state. I've said this before, but I am not worried AT ALL about Mayfield for one reason....CAL! That game looks entirely different now that Central beat St X. CAL would have beaten Central if not for some costly turnovers.

I know NOTHING about Mayfield or McCracken or any other teams in the western part of the state. I've said this before, but I am not worried AT ALL about Mayfield for one reason....CAL! That game looks entirely different now that Central beat St X. CAL would have beaten Central if not for some costly turnovers.

 

It's all about matchups. Teams can matchup differently. No reason to worry about Mayfield, we may never meet.

I have question I would like for someone with knowledge of khsaa rules to answer for me plz..

At the game Friday night, mccracken county set up a tent on the away side with approximately 10 chairs with monitors & audio replaying live game feedback for their offense/defense to study when off the field..

Just curious, but is this allowed in ky high school football..i haven't seen anything like it before..just curious!

 

Please educate me on how Ballard is that much better than McCracken. How many games have you watched the Mustangs play?

 

That game against Manual last season didn't help McCracken's image. I know they were super district, but even so it doesn't look good.

I have question I would like for someone with knowledge of khsaa rules to answer for me plz..

At the game Friday night, mccracken county set up a tent on the away side with approximately 10 chairs with monitors & audio replaying live game feedback for their offense/defense to study when off the field..

Just curious, but is this allowed in ky high school football..i haven't seen anything like it before..just curious!

 

I was wondering the same thing. Almost too college like...big college too

Mayfield is soft. They melt like butter when the heat is on. They only have 21 State Title appearances in the last 38 years. Come on, Trinity and Highlands have won like 23 State Titles apiece. Very weak Mayfield. Soft schedule, soft players, soft coaches.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.