McCracken County vs. Mayfield Predictions

FBJunkie

Who wins?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Why do you say McCracken has the horses? What makes you even think that?

They lost by 14 to the team you bombed just last week.

Their two wins are to two 0-3 squads. McCracken is not that good. Regardless of size, they just aren't that good. This one should not even be close.

Mayfield has beaten a 1-2 PT. An 0-2 Marshall. An 0-3 Ft.Campbell. It could be argued that Mayfield has played only an average Tilghman team and no one else. For what it's worth, I think PT loses again this week. Saying McCracken is just not any good is probably an overstatement at this point in the season. In fact, I dare say they would win a rematch with PT if it happened today.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I am doing is pointing out the evidence of what they have done. Potential is great in theory but until it's seen on the field you don't have much of a case.

Well I tend to judge teams on how they should play on any given night. Not their best or their worst. Mayfield makes that very easy to do year in and year out as they are one of the best coached and consistent teams in the state. As for evidence of what the Mustangs have done on the field, ask anyone who knows WKY football what type of teams Warren Central fields. Putting up 56 against them is worthy of attention. WC may be down a bit but still a quality football team and every bit as good as PT. Their other two losses are to Owensboro and John Hardin (also very athletic teams). McCracken may end up playing Jekyll and Hyde all year, we'll see, but to dismiss them off a common opponent score is not being objective. If both teams play to par it should be a very good game. I bet Coach Morris and Coach Jackson have both thrown the PT results out the window.

I'm going with McCracken in a squeaker. They seem to have corrected early problems and are running better now. I know, I know, Mayfield is awesome, but I think McCracken's depth will be the difference here, and they have definitely been on the rise the past few years. They're gonna be ready for this signature win...

I'm going with McCracken in a squeaker. They seem to have corrected early problems and are running better now. I know, I know, Mayfield is awesome, but I think McCracken's depth will be the difference here, and they have definitely been on the rise the past few years. They're gonna be ready for this signature win...

According to last weeks stats the ran for about 60 yards. Is that improvement?

Hatz -- Anytime a 1A team goes against a 6A team depth will be an issue. The smaller the school, the greater the depth drop off. For instance, St X and Trinity have such winning traditions because of not only great athletes but great athletes in many numbers.

As I said IMO, Mayfield is an awesome program, but numbers will run them ragged, especially if they have injuries. And McCracken is a hungry, hungry hippo.

Hatz -- Anytime a 1A team goes against a 6A team depth will be an issue. The smaller the school, the greater the depth drop off. For instance, St X and Trinity have such winning traditions because of not only great athletes but great athletes in many numbers.

As I said IMO, Mayfield is an awesome program, but numbers will run them ragged, especially if they have injuries. And McCracken is a hungry, hungry hippo.

Mayfield is AA.

I agree when the 6A team is very good. McCracken is unknown and doesn't have that great of a record vs little Mayfield.

Last year MC had a great record but only beat two teams with winning records I believe: PT and Mayfield by one.

Mayfield is AA.

I agree when the 6A team is very good. McCracken is unknown and doesn't have that great of a record vs little Mayfield.

Last year MC had a great record but only beat two teams with winning records I believe: PT and Mayfield by one.

Yep, AA, sorry my mess up...Was thinking of yester years gone by. Getting old lol

True about last year, granted. But -- except for beating a possibly marginal PT this year -- Mayfield is unknown as well, beating two teams that have zero wins between them. So I guess we shall see after the dust settles tonight.

Edited by MEANGREENMACHINE