FBJunkie

Who wins?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is our home opener after being on the road the first 3 weeks. Beating Mayfield at home is a tough task. If memory serves me correctly we have not been beaten at home since the 07 08 season. Maybe someone could back that up for me. McCracken has the horses to give us our first loss at home in a long time but I think we prevail and come out with the W! I predict 42-14 Redbirds!

Why do you say McCracken has the horses? What makes you even think that?

They lost by 14 to the team you bombed just last week.

Their two wins are to two 0-3 squads. McCracken is not that good. Regardless of size, they just aren't that good. This one should not even be close.

I agree with toothpick. Can't base it off of the Tilghman game results. McCracken has too many athletes and too much size to not give us concern. Mayfield in a close one at home. 31-28

Even if you don't base it off the PT results (and I don't know why you don't), they have not beaten anyone that is any good.

Arnett has really come into his own this year and has recently shown his mobility and running ability, which just adds another dimension to an already potent offense. As good a athletes as Hughes, Jones and Company are, I just don't see them being able to keep up in a shootout and if they try and keep Mayfield's offense off the field with ball control, I don't think they'll be able to sustain drives against a very stingy, fast and swarming Cardinal D. I think they'll have some success offensively, but, as quickly and efficiently as Mayfield's offense scores, the Stangs will be hard pressed to keep up.. I think Mayfield scores at least 6 times and hold McCracken to 3 scores.. I'll say 5 TDs and a FG for 38 points for Mayfield and 2 TDs and a FG for McCracken for 17 points for McCracken...

Why do you say McCracken has the horses? What makes you even think that?

They lost by 14 to the team you bombed just last week.

Their two wins are to two 0-3 squads. McCracken is not that good. Regardless of size, they just aren't that good. This one should not even be close.

I'm talking about their skilled positions. They all are play makers and can make things happen. I think we win but it will be tough to hold them scoreless.

As compared to Ft. Campbell and Marshall Co.? Come on man! (btw, that's not a poke at Mayfield, I always have great respect for their schedule) just trying to get you to understand the season is three games deep. I agree Mayfield is the favorite, but I hope everyone (esp. the Big Red Machine:D) believes that McCracken doesn't have the potential. The Mustangs were beyond pitiful in the PT game, no question, but I will be extremely disappointed to see a repeat of that performance. Hoping for another classic like the previous two. Good luck to all for a hard fought injury free game.

As compared to Ft. Campbell and Marshall Co.? Come on man! (btw, that's not a poke at Mayfield, I always have great respect for their schedule) just trying to get you to understand the season is three games deep. I agree Mayfield is the favorite, but I hope everyone (esp. the Big Red Machine:D) believes that McCracken doesn't have the potential. The Mustangs were beyond pitiful in the PT game, no question, but I will be extremely disappointed to see a repeat of that performance. Hoping for another classic like the previous two. Good luck to all for a hard fought injury free game.

All I am doing is pointing out the evidence of what they have done. Potential is great in theory but until it's seen on the field you don't have much of a case.

With last Friday's win the Cards moved to within 2 games of Washington Massillon, Ohio on the all time wins list. As of Friday Mayfield has 836 wins good for #5 while Wash Mass has 838 @ #4 .

TP, That is AWESOME! According to MaxPreps, Mass is ranked as the 70th best team in Ohio. On their schedule this season, at least 6 teams they play in the remaining schedule are currently ranked ahead of them so hopefully they'll lose all of them!:thumb:

Go Mayfield!